Slate Pro Audio Introduces THE RAVEN MTX Multi-Touch Production System
Old 25th October 2012
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Slate Pro Audio Introduces THE RAVEN MTX Multi-Touch Production System

A REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT FOR THE MODERN DAW STUDIO

Steven Slate and the entire SLATE PRO AUDIO team are proud to introduce you to THE RAVEN MTX, the first ever Multi-Touch Production system for the Music and Film industry.

The Raven combines a state of the art multi-touch monitor designed by the Slate Pro Audio team from the ground up, a powerful DAW multi touch control software, a full featured analog monitor section including 7.1 surround, and the ability to interact with the actual DAW like you never have before.

Please check out our intro video below. More information will soon be up at Slate Pro Audio

Check out the RAVEN MTX in person at booth # 938 at the 2012 AES Convention.

Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Hahaha! You crazy, crazy people!
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

I HAVE to know the price!
This is genius.
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

HOLY CRAP....when you said the Raven was taking a turn in a new direction....

...i had no idea that turn would be this!
Old 25th October 2012
Super Moderator

Looks crazy good.

Graham
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

WTF!
Old 25th October 2012
Gear addict

Whoa!
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

This ain't gonna be cheap... and it'd be great to have a higher res screen (i guess you can still use extra monitors from your mac/pc?)... i'm not sure it's for me... but i'm glad someone is pushing the envelope! Kudos

I'll be very curious on how well this works... and how well it sells!
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Wha....wha....what! Someone's been VERY busy! Looking forward to to more info.
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

I can imagine Slate eventually releasing pro-sumer-ish, drummed down products from the Raven.
It'll blow most of the controller competition out the water.
I want this desk so bad, but I've a feeling it's going to be priced out of my reach.
New tech, ridiculous number of features and parts.
Sigh...
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

BTW what's up with those monitors? Siren? I thought they were floor standing?
Old 25th October 2012
Super Moderator

The evolution of this product from its original prototype at Namm is incredibly imaginative.

Graham
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Slate is always thinking ahead

I'm still not sold on touch screen controllers. Tried once during a mix. My arms felt like I had been carrying paint cans for 12 hrs. The size and angle of the Raven may alleviate this though.
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
The evolution of this product from its original prototype at Namm is incredibly imaginative.

Graham
I can't believe they developed it so quickly.
It was a long time for a simple desk redesign, but for a product like this? Amazing.
Unless it was evil Slate's plan all along!

Funny thing is there's still easily a market for their original design as well.
Old 25th October 2012
Gear nut

I think I'd like to see a combination of the X1 and the MTX. Real faders are a must. Also I can see myself snapping off iLoks, thumb drives and iPhones on a regular basis....
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

........ wow !
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Holy freaking crap! That is the greatest, most exciting thing I've seen in a long time. Unbelievably useful.
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear
Is Steven Slate becoming the Steve Jobs of audio technology... looks like it.
Somewhere in the dark recesses of our subconscience we've been waiting for something like this to turn up. It's a bit like the first time I talked to someone using Skype/Facetime on an iPad... Instant Star Trek))) This Raven is just... Wow!!!!
Old 25th October 2012
Gear nut

This is great!! About 4 years ago I was buying new monitors and I spoke to a friend of mine about how fantastic it would be to have multi touch screens instead of a HW controller. Finally it's becoming a reality. Big up to Steven Slate and the team. You guys rock!!!

Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Hopefully it's an LED display and won't age/dim much over time? And how hot does it get to touch in the summer, after a 12 hour day? I'm sure they have thought about things though.

Bit worried with how quickly it will date though. It's going to be expensive, and we're just about to see retina displays become standard on all Macs etc etc... if i spend - what will no doubt be a LOT of money - i don't really want it to feel outdated in 2-3 years. There will no doubt be updates to this product as the tech progresses and you're trapped in a whole new world of expensive upgrades. The problem is that it isn't an 'addition' to your setup, it REPLACES your setup. An SSL Matrix will not do some of the things this will... but it will also not feel as obsolete as quickly. Still, it all depends on the price.

Despite coming off as negative I personally cannot see many of these selling.

I'd be much more interested in a killer - tactile hardware - control surface from Slate that can control all the latest DAWS and replace my Mackie Control + 2 XTs... make it look more like a hardware mixer and you've won... maybe SSL will beat them to the punch?

Very exciting times!
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Wow! Now that's an announcement.
Old 25th October 2012
Gear interested

Screen Protector?!?

Where do you do you buy the screen protector for this thing?
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear
Unimpressed. Try working with a light in your face 8 hours... The screen should be there but not all the time.... This LOOKS good... But it ISN't good...
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Hopefully it's an LED display and won't age/dim much over time? And how hot does it get to touch in the summer, after a 12 hour day? I'm sure they have thought about things though.

Bit worried with how quickly it will date though. It's going to be expensive, and we're just about to see retina displays become standard on all Macs etc etc... if i spend - what will no doubt be a LOT of money - i don't really want it to feel outdated in 2-3 years. There will no doubt be updates to this product as the tech progresses and you're trapped in a whole new world of expensive upgrades. The problem is that it isn't an 'addition' to your setup, it REPLACES your setup. An SSL Matrix will not do some of the things this will... but it will also not feel as obsolete as quickly. Still, it all depends on the price.

I'd be much more interested in a killer - tactile hardware - control surface that can control all the latest DAWS and replace my Mackie Control + 2 XTs...

Very exciting times!
This IS a controller. It isn't a computer you install your software on, it's a control surface with control surface software. Plug it into your current setup and go. Incredibly exciting.
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Uh... i understand that... but i'm talking about one with real faders and knobs
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
Unimpressed. Try working with a light in your face 8 hours... The screen should be there but not all the time.... This LOOKS good... But it ISN't good...
...I currently look at two bright screens for 12+ hours a day. This would make doing that a pleasure.
Old 25th October 2012
I too thought the usb ports (on top) are in a bad place.
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Uh... i understand that... but i'm talking about one with real faders and knobs
Ah, I get what you're saying. I guess I didn't understand that you didn't think this was "tactile." You want actual 3D hardware. I think the X1 goes that route.
Old 25th October 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
I HAVE to know the price!
This is genius.
$100,000.00 USD - totally affordable!
Old 25th October 2012
Gear maniac

Holy jesus. Did not expect to see this! Awesome!!!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search