New Reply
Subscribe
brainrox
20th June 2012
Old 20th June 2012
Plugin Alliance / Brainworx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
I found out the clean tones really liked my vintage tube overdrive and some distortion pedals i forgot why i buyed . Very Cool.
Yes, the whole amp plugin reacts like a real amp, so of course you can use pedals.

In the demo song "A new life" I play a real CryBaby (19" Rack Version) straight into ProTools (via the J48 DI), and it sounds great. You can hear the song on the Alliance Website and on Facebook (Brainworx Studio).

Last edited by brainrox; 20th June 2012 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: typx. ;-)
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear maniac

Really like this plugin. I'm a beginner guitarist and this makes my cheapie Epiphone Les Paul Standard II sound nice and big.

That said, I know I would happily pay $100 for it, but as someone who is just fooling around with recording (instruments, that is), I would have a hard time paying $200.
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottstoked View Post
Really like this plugin. I'm a beginner guitarist and this makes my cheapie Epiphone Les Paul Standard II sound nice and big.

That said, I know I would happily pay $100 for it, but as someone who is just fooling around with recording (instruments, that is), I would have a hard time paying $200.
You would have a hard time with a real amp, box, mic, studio, handling to get this tone! <5000 $ , so 250$ is ****ing cheap!
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
You would have a hard time with a real amp, box, mic, studio, handling to get this tone! <5000 $ , so 250$ is ****ing cheap!
About the pro version: What is different from the standard version and $$$? And when?
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm a beginner...

Wow! - maybe you should just keep fooling' around then?
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobianki74 View Post
... , super loud noise came blaring out of my x-desk. ....
My own experiences of rockrack (snapping and) peaking +6 and killing audio output and this message are creeping me out bigtime. I'm seriously considering getting this, but as a headphone user I have some very bad experience with badly behaving plugins.

Are these issues that are being looked at?
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Manic Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
My own experiences of rockrack (snapping and) peaking +6 and killing audio output and this message are creeping me out bigtime. I'm seriously considering getting this, but as a headphone user I have some very bad experience with badly behaving plugins.

Are these issues that are being looked at?
Don't forget that the plug is in public beta still . . the only reason we have it is to find these problems and get them fixed for v1.0
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I'm running v1.0 trial and it's up for purchase, so my impression was it's not a beta anymore.

Still, I'm fully aware that there are always bugs in first versions. I don't mind harmless bugs, but not if they give you hearing damage. Rockrack hasn't given me audio blast yet, but it's behaving like it might.
brainrox
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
Don't forget that the plug is in public beta still . . the only reason we have it is to find these problems and get them fixed for v1.0
It still is beta. It´s true, we sell it. Because many many people have no problems, depending on which hosts and machines they use. And of course we test stuff internally. But no matter how many hours or days you spend with a new plugin (with new technology), you will always find bugs that real world users experience when you let hundreds or thousands of people play with it.

We are definitely looking into the tuner bugs and loud pops some people experience and will release a new version soon.

As I said before: we will delete ALL trials when the official V1.0.x sales version is out, so if some of you experience bigger problems (headphone noise and such things) please don´t risk your ears. Please just try the next version then, we´ll let you re-demo the plugin.

Best; Dirk.
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Manic Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
I'm running v1.0 trial and it's up for purchase, so my impression was it's not a beta anymore.
Ahh, didn't realise it was available for purchase yet! From what Dirk has said it seems like they're treating this as a public beta phase . . I imagine there will be a new build with a bunch of user submitted presets soon enough . .

I'm with you on the tuner bug though, any plug that creates any sort of blast of sound scares the shite out of me . . just looking at the on switch on the Rockrack tuner makes me sweat!!

Everything else works great for me though! This is the first amp modeller I've liked since the Softube stuff . . it's really damn good! I might have to save and wait for the pro version though because most bands I work with want to use their own guitar heads so the option to bypass the amp and the cabs (recording chains) is a huge draw for me. I imagine (?) that Rockrack running without the amp modelling enabled would be a lot lighter on the processing too as it would essentially be a convolution plug with an EQ, delay and the shred filter? Hopefully Dirk could chime in here with his thoughts on this matter/functionality?

The other benefit from the ability to bypass the amp/recording chain is the ability to run 2 instances on a track and place my own processors between the pre-amp and the cab (recording chain) like a faux effects loop.

If this functionality will come to Rockrack I may as well buy it now . . if it's going to be reserved for the pro version I'll definitely wait for that one :]
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Talk about make it hard for customers; I tried the registration system only to be rejected over 20 times for failing to enter the correct letters to the security code. I wonder how many more like me gave up... I always hated these things but this is the first time ive never been able to complete one, utterly stupid.

21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear maniac

Enter the black letters only, not the white.
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

I had originally being doing that then I did both then just the white, really not very easy at all, after at lest 40 attempts I got it to work. Use the software now, sounds really good, best sounding amp yet, so wish they had done a Vox or fender as well though.
Im using the clean800 and it takes pedals before it so well, very impressed with it, just not the activation part
brainrox
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
I had originally being doing that then I did both then just the white, really not very easy at all, after at lest 40 attempts I got it to work. Use the software now, sounds really good, best sounding amp yet, so wish they had done a Vox or fender as well though.
Im using the clean800 and it takes pedals before it so well, very impressed with it, just not the activation part
We are aware of this and I promise we will change the capture. I hate it myself. ;-)
Also, I am sure we will model more amps in the future... just not "next week". ;-)
Rock on!
Dirk.
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
We are aware of this and I promise we will change the capture. I hate it myself. ;-)
Also, I am sure we will model more amps in the future... just not "next week". ;-)
Rock on!
Dirk.
Haha, cheers Dirk,
I have to say a massive congregations, how did you manage to do this? Id love to know more about how you make the models.
I’m going to come right out and say after playing with amp sims for well over 10 years, this software is truly the first that really does sound like a valve amplifier. Its the feel, the blending of notes, the liveliness, its hard to really define what it is about that real sound, but i recognize it from my own valve amps.
I would say that hardware companies should be very worried let alone other software firms. If your amp models grow, you will dominate the market for sure.
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Wow! - maybe you should just keep fooling' around then?
Wow! - I guess I will.
brainrox
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012

Quote:
Haha, cheers Dirk,
I have to say a massive congregations, how did you manage to do this?
We could tell you.. but then we would have to KILL you..
Actually we show a lot of what we did in the videos on the BX website. Not ALL of it though...
Quote:
Id love to know more about how you make the models.
I’m going to come right out and say after playing with amp sims for well over 10 years, this software is truly the first that really does sound like a valve amplifier. Its the feel, the blending of notes, the liveliness, its hard to really define what it is about that real sound, but i recognize it from my own valve amps.
I would say that hardware companies should be very worried let alone other software firms. If your amp models grow, you will dominate the market for sure.
Thanks for the nod, but the concept of the Plugin Alliance and Brainworx is to TEAM UP with original hardware brands and offer perfectly modeled official product, rather than trying to push other people out. I have the highest respect for the dudes who researched and engineered for decades to get analog equipment to be where it is now! So maybe in the future we will be able to release official amps and cabs and studio chains... just like we do already with studio gear...
So it´s good you are all (well, most of you) raving about the sound of the plugin, this will help us get the needed credibilty with the amp companies and studios fast. We have that reputation and trust in the pro audio (studio equipment) industry already, but the guitar business is brand-new for us. Exciting times.

Quote:
Wow! - I guess I will.
Guys, please behave... I accept when a hobby player says he can´t (or simply doesn´t want to...) spend 200$ on a guitar plugin, but other people said it and I agree: there was A LOT of very expensive equipment and decades of know-how needed to get the plugin to sound how it sounds, and even if you had the equipment most people would not get the same good sound out of the stuff. We hope to (and believe we did) have delivered a serious recording tool, not another crappy guitar toy... enough of them out there already and many of them under $100.. ;-)

Rock hard! Dirk.

Last edited by brainrox; 21st June 2012 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: typxxx... ;-)
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
the concept of the Plugin Alliance and Brainworx is to TEAM UP with original hardware brands and offer perfectly modeled official product, rather than trying to push other people out.
That sounds great, very interesting,

As stated before the Vox and Fender, but it would be cool to see something different like Orange, nice that you used a cab already, also Hiwatt or Laney would be amazing in this plugin. Whatever you guys are doing, keep on doing it..

One comment would be just focus on the chain, forget delay or other types of “effects”. That stuff is nearly always used in a send or in a pedal post amp. I say keep it simple, that’s what guitarist like.

You guys rock!
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear addict

would like to use it live... ... the plugin would need something like midi and a few more effects
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Still playing around, I’m falling more in love with it by the moment, very addictive.
Right now I’m really in to the ENGL 530 metal, I’m not a metalhead so the name put me off, but set with a gain of 5 its very British rock sounding, almost voxy.. Nice and crunchy, this is not just for high gain this software!.

Just want to add that id be interested in playing with the real amp after using this..
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

LOVING this!!!!

Absolutely AMAZING!!!! Again! The Vertigo and now this??!!!

Man, UAD has always been my favorite plugin company (hardware too- and I think they're a great company and great, genuine people)......but you guys are sure given' em a run for their money!! (:

And as far as other sims go....I have or have tried 'em all (just about) and this brings guitar emu technology into a new league!!

I am so pumped on this!!!

Bravo Dirk & the bx_Team!!

Scott
www.facebook.com/thrivingivory
www.facebook.com/scottleejason
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
put the buffersize on 32 and the oversampling(rockrack) 4x or lower,
I'm on the same system (without the Line 6), it feels like zero latency
That's actually the settings I had at first. Like I stated before, the plugin works perfectly fine until I change anything in the FX Rack. After doing so, I get (literally) 1 full second of latency and have to reload the session or restart the audio engine. Tried with my old MobilePre and got the same issue. Also happening in PT9.
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear interested

Any news on the Pro version? Price or features? Will individuals who purchased this current version for $199 be able to upgrade for a good deal?
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

OK you know that feeling you get when you wake up and slowly you start to remember that yesterday you got some new gear, a guitar, or amp, or some nice new hardware, you start to remember, and get a bit excited and can’t wait to play with it again.
Today that happened to me in regard to this software, I’ve never felt that way about software of any kind. But I feel like there is a “real” valve amp inside my computer. To me it’s indistinguishable from a real world recording.
This is a momentous leap for me personaly.

I’ve enjoined many other amp sims in the past, but after a while they all start to sound the same, plus there is the build up of harshness when you track a few parts. I’m not finding that with Rock Rack at all. The layers of guitar retain separation, yet at the same time they some how blend like real miced recordings.

Yes the software is buggy but its in beta, is will be fixed no doubt and more models added.
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK you know that feeling you get when you wake up and slowly you start to remember that yesterday you got some new gear, a guitar, or amp, or some nice new hardware, you start to remember, and get a bit excited and can’t wait to play with it again.
Today that happened to me in regard to this software, I’ve never felt that way about software of any kind. But I feel like there is a “real” valve amp inside my computer. To me it’s indistinguishable from a real world recording.
This is a momentous leap for me personaly.
Amen Brother - you are Born Again!

I kid, I kid!
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear maniac

For sound only, this is in a show down with Kuassa Creme - I've just downloaded Revalver and Scuffham to throw into the ring...not tried them before...

Features/functionality wise, Kuassa has it (and I don't mean loads of bells and whistles - limitless stomp boxes etc - it's still a straight ahead amp plug).

I feel the bx is likely over priced, given the comparable competition?...

I should say, I'm less interested in heavy high gain sounds and more interested in break up into crunch sounds - more difficult to pull off with amp sims I find.

I agree with what another GS said about Amplitube Fender for certain sounds - with tweaking it can sound really good for clean/break up/crunch sounds.
RME Fireface 400
Focusrite Octopre

http://my.music-jobs.com/kevin.edge

Last edited by kevaquarian; 22nd June 2012 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: afterthought
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevaquarian View Post
I feel the bx is likely over priced, given the comparable competition?...

I should say, I'm less interested in heavy high gain sounds and more interested in break up into crunch sounds - more difficult to pull off with amp sims I find.
Recently been trying clean amp+cab. of bx and fx from other vsti I have. Results are really good, I can get those familiar preset sounds (much creamier) I made for myself in the past.

I'm not going to comment on price but if it had the option to buy only the clean amp+2-3 cabinets for a bargain (maybe something like ik sort of marketing) I'd personally punish who won't buy it
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker View Post
Recently been trying clean amp+cab. of bx and fx from other vsti I have. Results are really good, I can get those familiar preset sounds (much creamier) I made for myself in the past.
Any chance you could PM me a sample preset you've got of a "creamy" breakup to crunch type sound? Would be much appreciated - I'm not having much joy there, compared to Kuassa, Revalver and Scuffham...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker View Post
I'm not going to comment on price but if it had the option to buy only the clean amp+2-3 cabinets for a bargain (maybe something like ik sort of marketing) I'd personally punish who won't buy it
Hmmm... Good idea - I could go for that sort setup to at the right price.
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

It very easy to get clean crunch, i do find it works better with single coils.

Use the clean 530 or the metal 530, i find the later has a better crunch breakup sound, use max volume and very low gain, then use a post gain plugin after Rock Rack to bring the volume back up to normal levels, sounds amazing to me.
I prefer the orange 57 cab.
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

definitely love this plugin for certain tones. The downside is it is CPU heavy no matter what. I've been contemplating a kemper in general because of this. I do pretty CPU intensive sessions and this plugin very quickly causes protools to crumble. Sounds awesome but until I get a new comp next year its not that usable for me.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search