arts|UNMUTED for 8dio Adagio vol.1 - lemurized control surface
New Reply
Subscribe
dogcatstudios
13th May 2012
Old 13th May 2012
Gear nut

App arts|UNMUTED for 8dio Adagio vol.1 - lemurized control surface

After the release of Lemur templates for Symphobia 1&2, 8dio Requiem and arts|UNMUTED qb - the innovative lemurized control surface for Cubase and Nuendo - I am glad to inform you that the new Lemur template for just released 8dio Adagio vol. 1 string library is now available. For $15 you get:
  • support for all 23 instruments and respective articulations
  • expression maps for all instruments for Cubase and Nuendo
  • generic remote file allowing you to select tracks in Cubase and Nuendo with your iPad
  • track archive for Cubase and Nuendo

For more information see the video below and/or downloade the manual from Home.

Enjoy,
Przemek

14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Awesome, can't wait to try it! I noticed "ensemble" and "legato" were misspelled in the video - not sure if that made it to the final release or not. Either way, grabbing a copy now...
www.strandedonaplanet.com
www.facebook.com/strandedonaplanet
www.twitter.com/strandedplanet
http://www.soundcloud.com/strandedonaplanet
Watch our studio bio video here and get to know us a bit - http://youtu.be/3hb_Zi_zry4
See our new video for "The Top Shelf" for GC Pro here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyylfNLrUJ0
14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Also, being new to Lemur, setting this up for each set is a bit confusing - any chance of a video tutorial showing the proper configuration to get each working (and whether those steps need to be taken every time or they are one time affairs). I have QB working, but am unclear as to how many steps have to be changed or redone depending on whether I want to use QB or the Adagio/LASS templates. Can multiple instances of Lemur run simultaneously, so one iPad controls QB and another Adagio? If so, that setup would be nice to see as well.
dogcatstudios
14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
Gear nut

Hi Scott, today I will post a detailed video on configuring Lemur and aU templates and present my multi-iPad configuration and how it works with Nuendo in my studio. I am sure it will help you.
14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatstudios View Post
Hi Scott, today I will post a detailed video on configuring Lemur and aU templates and present my multi-iPad configuration and how it works with Nuendo in my studio. I am sure it will help you.
Awesome. That's customer service. Fantastic apps and ideas!
dogcatstudios
14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
Gear nut

Scott, I haven't managed to make the video today - it will be available tomorrow early in the morning. My great apologies for the inconvenience. But I guess it will be worth waiting:-)
14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

No worries, looking forward to it!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Gearslutz App
dogcatstudios
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
Gear nut

Here is the first tutorial video - two iPads controlling Nuendo - short demo. Next videos in a couple of minutes.

15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Thanks! Seriously, QB is the best iPad controller I have used. So much functionality packed into a clean, simple interface.
dogcatstudios
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
Gear nut

Next video - how to set up Lemur

dogcatstudios
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
Gear nut

dogcatstudios
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
Gear nut

15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Thanks for the videos. Once this is configured per the video, do all of the patches have to be loaded into Kontakt at once for availability? If you can show a screenshot of Kontakt that would be awesome. Also, do these steps in the video need to be done every time a new project is started?
dogcatstudios
16th May 2012
Old 16th May 2012
Gear nut

No, you don't have to configure it every time you open a new project. Generic Remote files are assigned at the global level and are independent of your projects. Unfortunately, generic remote system is a bit limited because it is based on track number - the order of the tracks is important. So my instrument templates workflow is rather meant with "stable" templates workflow in mind, because changing the order of the tracks scrambles the track assignment in the generic remote file. It is a bummer but there is nothing to be done about it - it is not Eucon. But it is for track selection, articulations in aU templates work independent of track assignment in the generic remote files. So if you load one patch, say 8dio Adagio Solo String, you can select this instrument in the aU template and the articulations and controllers will work regardless of the track assignment. Today, I will make a video showing my workflow with Cubendo.
16th May 2012
Old 16th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatstudios View Post
No, you don't have to configure it every time you open a new project. Generic Remote files are assigned at the global level and are independent of your projects. Unfortunately, generic remote system is a bit limited because it is based on track number - the order of the tracks is important. So my instrument templates workflow is rather meant with "stable" templates workflow in mind, because changing the order of the tracks scrambles the track assignment in the generic remote file. It is a bummer but there is nothing to be done about it - it is not Eucon. But it is for track selection, articulations in aU templates work independent of track assignment in the generic remote files. So if you load one patch, say 8dio Adagio Solo String, you can select this instrument in the aU template and the articulations and controllers will work regardless of the track assignment. Today, I will make a video showing my workflow with Cubendo.
Sweet. If you can show how you set up Adagio in Kontakt to work with QB that would be great. Kontakt doesn't allow for more than 16 instruments at a time so I am not quite clear as to how you have your setup to be able to switch realtime between the 25 or so patches.
16th May 2012
Old 16th May 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
Yeah I am not clear on how you are working with those different midi tracks and switching between articulations. What are the benefits of working this way over just using VST Expression on a single midi track?
16th May 2012
Old 16th May 2012
Lives for gear

Looks great !

I wish it was compatible with ProTools as well.
Just bought Adagio.

Well,well ...
dogcatstudios
16th May 2012
Old 16th May 2012
Gear nut

@feck

I am very busy today and I will not be able to make the promised video - I will do this tomorrow. Now, as you probably noticed, I prefer working on instrument tracks (not MIDI) which means 1 track=1 Kontakt instrument - I don't use VST Instruments pane for Kontakt. I prefer minimalism - one to one relationship is very user-friendly - no additional outputs in the mixer, no middle layers etc. You may think that it is not very efficient - well, my master orchestral template contains over 200 Kontakt tracks and it is playable in real time with no hiccups. My setup is based on Intel 980x processor and SSD drives for samples - I have lowest buffer set up in Kontakt, which means that you can load lots of samples in 24 GB of RAM. Also this template loads in under 3 minutes. Works like a charm and with computers getting more and more powerful, it is the most efficient setup. Cubendo allows also importing track archives (all my templates are provided with track archives with all supported instruments in the library) and this allows you to have a kind of modular approach to your work. I have one "empty" master template with all tracks named and set up (Generic Remotes) and grouped in folders. I start working and add the modules as I need them - e.g. remove empty tracks and replace them with "loaded" ones. For example, I need Requiem library - so I remove empty Requiem tracks and import the whole library - it takes about 30 seconds on my computer. And then it grows further. I will show it tomorrow in the video.

@animus
The whole idea of aU instrument templates is to make the workflow more user friendly and ensure workstation-like experience - you select the right track on the template and you can have access to its controllers. Naturally, you can do this with your mouse and keyboard controller, but you have to use mouse and stare at the screen, remember the keyswitches etc. With aU templates you have it all under your fingers:-). I plan to add support for more libraries and cover the "staple" resources in the modern composer arsenal.
dogcatstudios
16th May 2012
Old 16th May 2012
Gear nut

@Gemylon

Although aU templates offer most for Cubendo users, you can still benefit from them - the contain all articulations that work in any sequencer. So for example, if you work in PT, you load the track and find the right instrument in the template and you can change articulations on your iPad - its great for example when you don't have a 88 keyboard available at the moment. Also you don't have to worry which articulation is triggered by which keyswitch - it is all under your finger.

Apart from that, the updated aU for ProjectSAM symphobias contain all descriptions for all articulations in the description area and some other controllers:-).
19th May 2012
Old 19th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

By the way, how much RAM do you have that enables you to load all 25 instruments?
19th May 2012
Old 19th May 2012
Lives for gear

will this work with logic?
dogcatstudios
20th May 2012
Old 20th May 2012
Gear nut

@feck

I have got 24 GB of RAM, but Adagio takes about 10 GB after loading (including the system). As I said, I have the lowest buffer set in Kontakt - sample libs are stored on very fast SSDs.

@hogo
Keyswitching works in all DAWs - track selection only in Cubendo - as far as I know, no other software allows selecting tracks by sending CC messages.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search