Login / Register
 
Arturia Spark Vintage Drum Machines plug-in
New Reply
Subscribe
#31
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
  #31
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 4,631

The Beatsmith is offline
arturia emulations sound nothing like the real thing? i don't believe it for a second

anyone have an opinion on the sample based stuff e.g. oberheim
__________________
Need your songs mixed or mastered by top engineers? Check out our credits at www.onlinemusicmixing.co.uk

http://www.associatedminds.com
http://www.twitter.com/ed_boogie
#32
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
  #32
Gear nut
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 122

tulsraeg is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
After more testing i have to say that 808 is poor as well. I don't know you can download dozen of free sample sets and each of them are closer then this. On the other side it's not a bad thing. You have differently sounding drum machines in spark which could get you interesting results in sea of so overused machines in all genres..But this is nothing like 808 or 909. Not close. I have these hardware, i also have novation, jomox etc. I am telling you this isn't close.
Can you post us some sound examples of Arturia vs The Real Thing for us to hear?
Could/would/should be interesting to hear them back to back as to what is the real sonic difference between them...
#33
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
  #33
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 230

Funkybot is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsraeg View Post
Can you post us some sound examples of Arturia vs The Real Thing for us to hear?
Could/would/should be interesting to hear them back to back as to what is the real sonic difference between them...
It's not just sonic differences, the controls often have little relevance to the original units. It makes it really hard to get basic 808 and 909 kick sounds that actually sound like 808s and 909s. I actually had much higher hopes for this, and was really let down. Plus, I just find the interface terrible.

I've got the D16 x0x drum machines (which I think are pretty solid sounding, though I've heard some smack talk about them for some reason - frigging hate the sequencing on them though, terrible), Tremor (great all rounder in terms of sound shaping capabilities - truly amazing sequencer), and Tattoo (x0x ish with a good sequencer) so I'm pretty well covered in a lot of classic and modern analog synth sounds, but I was really surprised by how poor I thought the ones in Spark were. That said, I should spend time with some of the sample based drum sounds, as there's definitely a hole in my collection there that Spark might just be able to fill.
#34
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
  #34
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,338

Jeezo is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
arturia emulations sound nothing like the real thing? i don't believe it for a second

anyone have an opinion on the sample based stuff e.g. oberheim
Well i never tried and heard a original oberheim ....., except the synth witch is a beast as well as their softsynth emulation ...

But for drums, i really think they spent more time on guy interface design than sampling !!

if guyz want roland emu , well go simply Rebirth and your done , for samples , goldbaby is agreat database (also with other drums) , and i really think the beatbox antholgy is a reference !!

Will try to make a video show case if you guyz needs ...
#35
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
  #35
Gear interested
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 29

Mufte is offline
I sendt a message to Arturia a couple of days ago about my technical problem in Logic, and I got a reply today with a link to download an update for Spark 1.4. I downloaded and installed and i validated in Logic, so I was very happy. But then I couldn´t authorize it. And I realised that this is Spark, not Spark VDM. So I guess that´s only for those owning the hardware Spark? I guess I said Spark in my message to Arturia, not Spark VDM. So I sendt them a new message now.

But if Spark is working in my Logic (I tried it in demo mode), there´s no reason why Spark VDM shouldn´t work? So there must be some bug in it?
#36
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Sensorychaos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 877

Sensorychaos is offline
Not sounding as accurate than a real 909....HURRAY!!!!!

This plugin is a bomb...sounds are really nice...I do love the TAE synthesis engine. Techno loves it.
I love the sound. Really.
I hate the workflow. Really.
__________________
Windows 7/8 ultimate 64 bit - i7 3960x [4.3 Ghz] -Asus p9x79 -16 Go Hyper-X 1866 Mhz RAM
ASUS GTX 560 DCII TOP - OCZ Agility3 240 Go SSD
Barracuda 7200.12 -Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800
Corsair hydro series H100

RME Fireface UFX + Fireface 800
Cubase 7.5 (x64) - Live 9 (x64)
Neve 8816 summing mixer - Genelec 1031 A / 1092 A
Subphatty - Tempest - Minibrute
Supernova 2 - JP-8000
Keith McMillen QUNEO - NI Maschine mkI
#37
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
  #37
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,044

mpod is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensorychaos View Post
Not sounding as accurate than a real 909....HURRAY!!!!!

This plugin is a bomb...sounds are really nice...I do love the TAE synthesis engine. Techno loves it.
I love the sound. Really.
I hate the workflow. Really.
Yes that's what i am trying to say. It is sounding good as own instrument but to say that it's the 909 or 808 is a bit misleading. But very good instrument indeed.
#38
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
  #38
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,044

mpod is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsraeg View Post
Can you post us some sound examples of Arturia vs The Real Thing for us to hear?
Could/would/should be interesting to hear them back to back as to what is the real sonic difference between them...
No worries matte. I've just played with my 909. At first you can hear really dry loop for the floor then one mixed. I mixed it for kinda 2 minutes, just to add some color to my taste.

Then loop2 with the same thing but different instrument. First dry (pure) then mixed. I only used compression here, not eq or whatever.

I strictly used word "mixed" because with the real thing it is so easy to mix and get whatever you want with it. It is so rewarding to mix it. With some emus you can get deadly close to that sound but a lot of mixing. I tried to mix Arturia 909 just to get a bit close to real 909 but even with long mixing sessions, a lot of tricks i couldn't get near close to original 909, clap is especially poor. Bassdrum is whimpy.

Listen to real thing. It is groovey, full of character and and alive. Can you get same dynamics and presence with arturia? I couldn't get kick not even close to this..Am i missing something?
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 909-1 dry.mp3 (178.2 KB, 449 views)
File Type: mp3 909-1 mixed.mp3 (181.9 KB, 344 views)
File Type: mp3 909-2 dry.mp3 (183.7 KB, 328 views)
File Type: mp3 909-2 mixed.mp3 (173.3 KB, 338 views)
#39
15th March 2012
Old 15th March 2012
  #39
Gear interested
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 29

Mufte is offline
Contacted Arturia when I couldn´t get Spark VDM to work in Logic. They got back to me after a couple of days. Been back and forth with sending them crash reports and a developer sending me different versions trying to figure it out. And yesterday I got a new version that fixed the problem!

So now Spark VDM is working in Logic, and I´m very happy. Haven´t tried it to much yet, but what I heard I think sounds great. I don´t have any experience with the real machines, and I don´t really care if they sound authentic, as long as this sounds good.

Got my copy of Snow Leopard in the mail yesterday. Won´t really need that now, but I guess I´ll install in anyway. There must be some advantages to Snow Leopard?
#40
15th March 2012
Old 15th March 2012
  #40
Gear nut
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 122

tulsraeg is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
No worries matte. I've just played with my 909. At first you can hear really dry loop for the floor then one mixed. I mixed it for kinda 2 minutes, just to add some color to my taste.

Then loop2 with the same thing but different instrument. First dry (pure) then mixed. I only used compression here, not eq or whatever.

I strictly used word "mixed" because with the real thing it is so easy to mix and get whatever you want with it. It is so rewarding to mix it. With some emus you can get deadly close to that sound but a lot of mixing. I tried to mix Arturia 909 just to get a bit close to real 909 but even with long mixing sessions, a lot of tricks i couldn't get near close to original 909, clap is especially poor. Bassdrum is whimpy.

Listen to real thing. It is groovey, full of character and and alive. Can you get same dynamics and presence with arturia? I couldn't get kick not even close to this..Am i missing something?
Confusion over here... if the dry file is a real HW Roland TR-909 then the mixed file is Arturia or not..?
Or I assume both are HW Roland TR-909, then witwt, where's the comparison, lol?
#41
15th March 2012
Old 15th March 2012
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,044

mpod is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsraeg View Post
Confusion over here... if the dry file is a real HW Roland TR-909 then the mixed file is Arturia or not..?
Or I assume both are HW Roland TR-909, then witwt, where's the comparison, lol?
I don't understand why loling there. You asked for some examples. I provided you with sample of real hardware you don't have access to and it's the very same hardware which Arturia is claiming for being emulated inside their drum machine synth (i downloaded it solely because of this advert).

I was thinking that it might be useful for you since you know Spark that well so you might get to that sound i was providing.

Sorry i deleted arturia spark demo but posted this in hope that you or someone else could provide something similar in sound character but done entirely with Arturia 909 emu (why is it called 909 since it is not anything like 909 ???). If you know how 909 is built then you'll know that sound should be fairly easy to clone in any emulation. But it is not as you can hear your Arturia spark does not sound anything like my example. But like i said maybe i am wrong or missing something there thus i provided real examples of real hardware and you could match it if you can (somehow i doubt it).

Isn't it clear that all my examples are real hardware? I just toyed with compression on second examples. I pretty clearly noted it. II simply could not get Arturia 909 bass drum or clap (or cymbals) to sound anything like real hardware or in fact not like any other free 909 sample lib which is floating around web,. oYou have dry uncompressed files. Care to match your arturia to this? Just a bass drum or clap?

If you want i can send you midi dump of these patterns i played and you can put them inside Arturia or your host to start with. Then you'll see how it is utterly different.
#42
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
  #42
Gear nut
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 122

tulsraeg is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
I don't understand why loling there. You asked for some examples. I provided you with sample of real hardware you don't have access to and it's the very same hardware which Arturia is claiming for being emulated inside their drum machine synth (i downloaded it solely because of this advert).

I was thinking that it might be useful for you since you know Spark that well so you might get to that sound i was providing.

Sorry i deleted arturia spark demo but posted this in hope that you or someone else could provide something similar in sound character but done entirely with Arturia 909 emu (why is it called 909 since it is not anything like 909 ???). If you know how 909 is built then you'll know that sound should be fairly easy to clone in any emulation. But it is not as you can hear your Arturia spark does not sound anything like my example. But like i said maybe i am wrong or missing something there thus i provided real examples of real hardware and you could match it if you can (somehow i doubt it).

Isn't it clear that all my examples are real hardware? I just toyed with compression on second examples. I pretty clearly noted it. II simply could not get Arturia 909 bass drum or clap (or cymbals) to sound anything like real hardware or in fact not like any other free 909 sample lib which is floating around web,. oYou have dry uncompressed files. Care to match your arturia to this? Just a bass drum or clap?

If you want i can send you midi dump of these patterns i played and you can put them inside Arturia or your host to start with. Then you'll see how it is utterly different.
Look, take it easy man, nothing personal here... ok?
It's just that many people have criticized Arturia for having bad samples or not so good overall sound so the idea here was that if somebody had the original hardware of , say 909, 808 etc (AND Arturia to compare to), it would be enlightening to hear these set against each other...
Like first a couple of beats by the original HW and next the same beats emulated by Arturia. Just to hear the difference in sound.
Nothing more, nothing less.
#43
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
  #43
Gear nut
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 94

daverock is offline
Bought this today, I've been wanting something to resemble the older vintage drum machines and I have to say its pretty good. I found the interface quirky initially but after 10 mins was well on to it. It's totally different to maschine- I like both, but this is enjoyable in its own way. It's very quick to get a groove going and the routing/midi drag and drop etc is simple. It sort of reminds me of reason a bit, where you have to scroll up and down the window to access parts of the GUI.
#44
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
  #44
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,044

mpod is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsraeg View Post
Look, take it easy man, nothing personal here... ok?
It's just that many people have criticized Arturia for having bad samples or not so good overall sound so the idea here was that if somebody had the original hardware of , say 909, 808 etc (AND Arturia to compare to), it would be enlightening to hear these set against each other...
Like first a couple of beats by the original HW and next the same beats emulated by Arturia. Just to hear the difference in sound.
Nothing more, nothing less.
I am not taking it personal and i do not need to slow down.

I've just told you several places in this thread above that i indeed compared it and it is not sounding like 909 not at all. I explained everything, even posted real samples from real hardware. Anyone can compare my samples with the real thing. I even noted which instruments to focus on.

Care to explain me how can i enlighten you since Artuira does not sound even remotely close? I just provided you with real samples, dry samples. You just have to run your Arturia and put notes on your bassdrum.

I was genuinely interested in product because i always look to replace some of my hardware stuff (call it a personal preference if you like) or to combine something. Anyway i provided sample for someone to match it. I could download that demo all over again but what's the purpose since i can't make arturia 909 to sound not even remotely close to the real thing.

And i am not making this up out from nothing. You see there are other people here which also spotted this weird difference. If it is ok to you to buy something which is advertised as something but in reality it is not anything like it should be - it's fine with me, but keep it for yourself - when someone tell me that i should get something and then when i buy it i get something completely different i can't be happy about it (luckily there is a demo for that purpose).

Thus i reacted and posted a question am i doing something wrong with the Arturia instrument. Someone asked why etc. and i provided sample to back up my argument and question. If you really can't came up with anything usable like some real sound examples other then loling and toying please give me a break

EDIT:

I've just recorded some examples exclusively for you and your ear. I downloaded demo again and luckily demo license is still working.

You have real Bass drum example and Arturia bass drum example. It does sound nothing like the real thing. No matter how hard you tweak it (remember real thing does not even have such controls for shaping sound * one would think that with Arturia you can get real and even far beyond sound of 909 bassdrum but i assure you it is not).

Then you have real bass drum two hits, followed by two hits of Arturia bassdrum. Loop. you can hear very large difference. Again there is now way one can make it to sound like the real thing. And that one bass drum from arturia fluctuate too much in pitch. It's pure nonsense imho.


Then you have clap, two real hits, followed by Arturia 909 clap. Totally different thing while they should sound pretty much same. And in Arturia clap there is very annoying noise which is very noticeable when sound fade off. Yuck!


And finally you have Closed hat example. Two real 909 hits and two Arturia. Loop. Cymbals are pure samples in real 909 and they should sound same everywhere but listen to this arturia example. What the hell is that? Before you wonder yes i maxed Decay on Arturia as well as on real 909.

Care to tell me what do you think now? Honestly?

p.s. maybe now you'll finally understand why some people ditch Arturia way of marketing. I now do understand it completely. I am almost sure that they could get even far more success by naming these instruments inside spark as something truely genuine and unique instead of naming them as legendary gear. Because instrument is damn fine on itself but to claim it is something and at the same time providing something not even similar...yes you get exactly that. People will laugh at you and your company...
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 909 bd real 909.mp3 (171.5 KB, 561 views)
File Type: mp3 909 bd arturia.mp3 (162.3 KB, 486 views)
File Type: mp3 909 bd direct comparison.mp3 (172.7 KB, 494 views)
File Type: mp3 909 clap direct comparison.mp3 (171.5 KB, 491 views)
File Type: mp3 909 closedhat direct comparison.mp3 (171.5 KB, 428 views)

Last edited by mpod; 16th March 2012 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Added sound files
#45
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
  #45
Moderator
 
Don Solaris's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Alphaville
Posts: 6,613

Don Solaris is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsraeg View Post
It's just that many people have criticized Arturia for having bad samples
Dude, if you can't hear the obvious difference between this Arthuria thing and the actual unit, i seriously suggest you go doing something else in your life, because music requires at least one functioning ear. A friendly advice, not critique per se.

Have a nice day!
#46
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
  #46
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Southside
Posts: 1,136

genieg is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
I am almost sure that they could get even far more success by naming these instruments inside spark as something truely genuine and unique instead of naming them as legendary gear..
agreed & this is the mindset to use
#47
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #47
Lives for gear
 
b-pole's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 503

b-pole is offline
as always I cannot understand these discussion here in general

If anybody does not like the sound quality of a plug, simply do not use it.

All the time for comparing the real 808, 909 sounds, uploading them etc.
Seems you have all enough time instead of making creative music stuff.
__________________
www.b-polarity.de

DAW 1: iMac 27" 2.93GHz i7 Quad - DAW 2: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz i5 Dual
Apple Logic Pro X
#48
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #48
Lives for gear
 
kosmasepsilon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 635

kosmasepsilon is online now
they do well by letting us know what the hell is going wrong with it. I'd buy it, if it sounded 90% 'there', but this comparison puts me of in a bad way. not only it sounds way different than the real thing, but also it sounds bad... meh :S
#49
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #49
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,044

mpod is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-pole View Post
as always I cannot understand these discussion here in general

If anybody does not like the sound quality of a plug, simply do not use it.
How so? I am not native english yet it's pretty clear. I'll write for you.

Someone is trying to sell something which is advertised as hardware gear emulation. Someone like me got interested because of various personal preferences.

Someone like me tested it and found it not even close to what is advertised

So someone like me won't ever use it (you know people are not that stupid - your advise is really pointless there )

Someone like me did not ditched it at all at first. I kindly asked am i dong something wrong with it because IT IS NOT SOUNDING LIKE IT IS ADVERTISED!!! I've spent almost one working in trying to get it to sound like it should because it is ADVERTISED as 909. After this case is clear (it is some alienated machine but not what is advertised) i feel kinda cheated. If nothing i just lost one day on making something which is supposed to sound like a 909 to sound like a 909 - but it's a no go like i said...I mean just reread what i wrote. I spent some time to try to make some instrument to sound like it is advertised. Can it be more literally lame then this? Honestly? (and provided REAL DAMN WORLD examples.)

So all i got after i provided samples is : i don't care if it is not sounding like real thing - from the same people which tried to toy with me.

So in the end it all sum to similar scenario of 99,99,99% of this crap. Someone is trying to sell jackshit in a bag. People with no real experience makes ...woooooooooowwwww it is sounding like a real thing...then someone with ears and examples jump in and post examples..then it all sum up to:

I don't care if it is not sounding like real thing i think it ios good enough for me How charming...


Well guess what. You are not alone in the world and there are people which do care. Care for sound, care for getting what is supposedly "somewhere" under the circumstances of getting what is supposed to be inside the piece of product...

May i sell you my own dryed and crushed shit in a plastic bag and tell you that it is original top quality cacao from Oaxaca/Mexico ? Honestly it will look like original cacao...

a bit offtopic i've downloaded their Modular synth. Obviously i don't have that whole room of a synth. I just wanted to say that it's pretty decent instrument with a lot of nice options. Again it make me wondered why do they do what they do? They could called it Monstruous modular from fakin another space and noone would say a thing. Actually i think people would praised it better.
#50
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 8,497

Silver Sonya is offline
This thread is like a parody of internet threads.

- c
#51
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #51
Gear maniac
 
Aziak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: In the Eye of the storm.
Posts: 178

Aziak is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-pole View Post
as always I cannot understand these discussion here in general

If anybody does not like the sound quality of a plug, simply do not use it.

All the time for comparing the real 808, 909 sounds, uploading them etc.
Seems you have all enough time instead of making creative music stuff.
Well said!



To the others: You don't like something? Fine, you've made your point, bravo, MOVE ON!

FYI, some people here judged even Roland for "bad" emulation of 808, 909, in the past... enough said.


Cheers!
__________________
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"
#52
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #52
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,338

Jeezo is offline
I think you guyz missed the point : people are not mad because it doesn't sound like the real Hardware , but just wondering why Arturia claims it .....giving not that much credit to their work and people ear !
#53
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,044

mpod is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I think you guyz missed the point : people are not mad because it doesn't sound like the real Hardware , but just wondering why Arturia claims it .....giving not that much credit to their work and people ear !
Thank you for making reasonable reply from what is pretty obvious(no pun intended). Some people are really ignorant and blindfolded in their perception.

(aziak and b-pole i don't lack any time nor creativity. Recording of these was more fun and way shorter then questioning myself and investigating am i doing something wrong with the Arturia instrument which is supposed to give me result for which is advertised. But it turned a big time scam. It's not even close. I guess it's ok for low quality music created from people which can't hear anything but they do like shiny gui with labels on it...no wonder why everything sound so bad these days.. )

I am moving on..
#54
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #54
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: North West, UK
Posts: 17

SLiC is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Thank you for making reasonable reply from what is pretty obvious(no pun intended). Some people are really ignorant and blindfolded in their perception.

(aziak and b-pole i don't lack any time nor creativity. Recording of these was more fun and way shorter then questioning myself and investigating am i doing something wrong with the Arturia instrument which is supposed to give me result for which is advertised. But it turned a big time scam. It's not even close. I guess it's ok for low quality music created from people which can't hear anything but they do like shiny gui with labels on it...no wonder why everything sound so bad these days.. )

I am moving on..
It's hardly a scam, it costs less than 90 quid for 30 drum machines, what were you expecting? It's just a sampled 909, it will sound a bit like he 909 they sampled.

I can't understand why anyone rants (or buys anything they don't like) when there are fully functioning free demos, try before you buy, let others do he same.

Still, I guess everyone needs a hobby, for some it's critiquing the realism of software, for others, making music.
#55
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #55
Gear nut
 
mossie23's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 148

mossie23 is offline
i was confused by mpod's original comparison, because it wasn't a comparison, as has been noted. but his follow-up was good as it showed the difference between what arturia aims to recreate and the original. it inspired me to see how close i could get with adm and drumazon and in both cases was disappointed. so for now it seems you need the real thing or samples if you want that sound. apparently 909 kick synth emulations are harder than one might think.

i think the people here saying that time is better spent on making music than researching sounds are missing an important point. the reason the 808 and 909 are still used is also because the are so easy to mix, as mpod noted as well. so the original or a good emulation will help you in the production process. you will spend less time tweaking because the thing just works. a bit of research buys you time when you really need it: when inspiration hits.

of course, 808/909 aren't the only usable drumsounds. arturia might have made something that is on the same level, but different. but trying to find out what makes the 808/909 tick will make you a better electronic music producer.
#56
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
  #56
Gear nut
 
Gentleman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 126

Gentleman is offline
Does anyone know what Brand the little keyboard is in the video?
#57
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
  #57
Gear maniac
 
Aziak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: In the Eye of the storm.
Posts: 178

Aziak is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
Does anyone know what Brand the little keyboard is in the video?
It's a Korg nanoKey 2.
;-)
#58
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
  #58
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: North West, UK
Posts: 17

SLiC is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossie23 View Post
...so for now it seems you need the real thing or samples if you want that sound. apparently 909 kick synth emulations are harder than one might think.
Artura's 909 is a sample of a 909!
#59
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
  #59
Gear nut
 
mossie23's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 148

mossie23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
Artura's 909 is a sample of a 909!
care to share how you know that for sure?

as far as i know, some arturia 909 sounds (cymbals) are samples and others (kick, snare) are synthesized. just like on a real 909. arturia puts the 909 in the hybrid category, which means both sampled and synthesized sounds. based on the parameters (and sound) of arturia's 909 kick, i'd say at least that one is synthesized. probably the snare as well.
#60
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
  #60
Lives for gear
 
b-pole's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 503

b-pole is offline
nevertheless I am satisfied up to now

I have the Spark Hardware Version and the controller alone is worth every penny.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
cdhps / Drums!
34
Dopamine / So much gear, so little time!
124
smalltownjon / Drums!
24
tpstudio / So much gear, so little time!
5

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.