New Reply
Subscribe
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
thats pretty obvious as you have to pay for them
The former poster have chosen "freeware" to describe the new synths and in this kontext "freeware" means low quality. With other words, the new VST's are far from being low quality.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

At the risk of putting myself out on a limb here, I dare say that Retrologue is on par with current state-of-the-art VA synths (U-he Diva and Arturia SEM V, for instance). Of course, I have just begun scratching the surface of Retrologue but so far, I am really impressed.

Cheers,

Jack
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

To supplement this new release...

Just wanted to mention that I'll be putting out a new Cubase shortcut sticker set within 3 weeks. Could be a great addition to the 6.5 update

We haven't got our hands on the new version, so if there are differences please let us know. We are aware of the new Comp tool. Does this have a new dedicated key? Of course you can always re-map.... But suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Hell, who wants a GS discount?
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

those shortcut stickers look nice. what would be price/shipping to uk?
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Price and Shipping...

Thank you! Our stickers are $9.99 USD shipping worldwide (Free Shipping! No Tax!) You can view and learn more on our website and Facebook pages.

We ship within 48 hours and can rush ship for an additional $1.99 per item. Most orders arrive within 3 business days (US) and within 5-10 business days worldwide.

2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

My Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
At the risk of putting myself out on a limb here, I dare say that Retrologue is on par with current state-of-the-art VA synths (U-he Diva and Arturia SEM V, for instance). Of course, I have just begun scratching the surface of Retrologue but so far, I am really impressed.

Cheers,

Jack
As per my previous post and in agreement with the above, Retrologue is absolutely fantastic. It sounds incredible!!!

Worth the update price on its own.

I'd say it's the best analog emulation I've heard.

Please bear in mind, earlier on this thread I was bitching about this being a paid update.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

My Studio

Oh, and further to the above- I own a variety of analog synths vintage and modern, and also an Access Virus TI.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coady Carlisle View Post
Just wanted to mention that I'll be putting out a new Cubase shortcut sticker set within 3 weeks. Could be a great addition to the 6.5 update

We haven't got our hands on the new version, so if there are differences please let us know. We are aware of the new Comp tool. Does this have a new dedicated key? Of course you can always re-map.... But suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Hell, who wants a GS discount?
Great idea! Count me in. Is it possible to get them without the key letters on them for those of us who customize our key commands?
www.strandedonaplanet.com
www.facebook.com/strandedonaplanet
www.twitter.com/strandedplanet
http://www.soundcloud.com/strandedonaplanet
Watch our studio bio video here and get to know us a bit - http://youtu.be/3hb_Zi_zry4
See our new video for "The Top Shelf" for GC Pro here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyylfNLrUJ0
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Stickers without letters...

Thanks for the interest! We've been thinking about a version without the key letters for people who want to customize the shortcut locations. Two issues:

1) Color layout would no longer separate certain functions (though we do have a black and white version)

2) People will not know what keyboard key they are pressing.

Do you think most people know the keyboard layout anyways and won't need the letters on the stickers? We could do a limited run of these but for just a few people is not worth it. Please, let us know what you all think
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
Yeap,and I would also add DCAM on your list.
Very similar sounding. Nice stuff.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

I certainly want one! Cheers
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to chymer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
As per my previous post and in agreement with the above, Retrologue is absolutely fantastic. It sounds incredible!!!

Worth the update price on its own.

I'd say it's the best analog emulation I've heard.

Please bear in mind, earlier on this thread I was bitching about this being a paid update.
I second this.
It's actually really great.
Also, the comping feature has been improved and updated. It hasn't just been put back to v5.
The warping feature being available directly in the quantize tool is pretty sweet, if the hitpoint detection algorithm was as good as beatdetective in PT then that would be great, but it's still very very good.
I'd say if your a pro then this is a decent paid update.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

I'm satisfied with the update over here. I figured that these features would be in C7 at some point and that the upgrade price from 6.5 to 7 would be less than going from C6-7.

Since that seems to be the case, I can "prepay" and learn to use some of the new features instead trying them all at once in a year or whenever C7 rolls out.

I'm finding Retrologue to be a good way to learn about programming synths. Sounds pretty good too.

I was a little iffy about the paid update, but having upgraded for $149 last year, I can live with it.

3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the interest! We've been thinking about a version without the key letters for people who want to customize the shortcut locations. Two issues:

1) Color layout would no longer separate certain functions (though we do have a black and white version)

Do you think most people know the keyboard layout anyways and won't need the letters on the stickers? We could do a limited run of these but for just a few people is not worth it. Please, let us know what you all think
Great idea but I have to tell you, having a Mackie Controllet with over 25 custom buttons is just the best without going to a much more expensive SSL
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
Great idea but I have to tell you, having a Mackie Controllet with over 25 custom buttons is just the best without going to a much more expensive SSL
There are certainly other options besides stickers, but none of them cost less than $10. Ours do.

Just offering an alternative for those that want it
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nott View Post
you´re right - i switched from apples bug daw to cubase 6 - and cubase 6.0 is stable from the beginning!!!
I switched to logic from cubase about 9 months ago and couldnt be happier , totally stable , never crashed once .

not that cubase wasnt stable but the money they want for it and for the upgrades is crazy in the current market of 200$ for logic , 60$ for reaper .
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear maniac

call me craving but i would like celemoy ARA so we can use melodyne directly.
and the pro tools disk cache is pretty sweet.
other than that, i dont miss anything.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd-Baraka View Post
call me craving but i would like celemoy ARA so we can use melodyne directly.
and the pro tools disk cache is pretty sweet.
other than that, i dont miss anything.
Hopfully those will appear in C7, along with some built in non linear summing feature!
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Nice update.
Retrologue is the first Steinberg Synth I really like and it's on par or better than other synth like Sylenth etc.
Padshop is very interesting too, needs a bit more time to find out how it works but it's worth the time.
Both synth have support for Note Expressions and this is a very handy thing.

A small screenvideo I made about using Retrologue and Note Expressions

Flac and Soundcloud support is great. I think Soundcloud could be a bit more improved to have it integrated in the Mediabay for browsing and download.
Not bad the new comping tool.

Some small improvements in the audio editor with Vari Audio (snapping to grid)... I don't use it very often but works great.

50€ is a no brainer. Yes it's a small update but the next big update will be IMO 2013 with Cubase 7.
There will be also the free update to 6.0.6 announced for next week which brings some small things like Rewire 64Bit. So good things also for users which are not interested for the 6.5

I like this update. Good work Steinberg!

Frank Arnold
Musician and IT Freelancer

| | |
| |
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Have to agree - been bitching about it earlier but it is a great update. The comping tool improvements alone are worth it. It makes my life soooo easier.
And the retrologue is a nice bonus. Really good sounding and I like the easy layout.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear Head

4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Gear nut

Just got the update downloaded and opened...

So far (5 min):

Synths sound great (although admittedly I do not use them as often as some of you will), and the AmpRack is a decent upgrade... but again, only use it for scratch tracks (even then there are better freeware amps to use like LePou).

Have not tried the editing/comp improvements yet, but I will probably use those most. Definitely interested in these improvements.

Bottom line, I look at this as a "pre-pay" for 7 in a sense, if that is in fact what happens. If there is no break for a 6.5 to 7 update, then I am a dummy!!

However, it was $49.99 and I think it was totally worth it, synths alone.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Finally a good sounding soft synth with full midi note vst expression (matrix of retrologue even offers source 3 to 8 as vst expression source

It is a pretty powerful beast and I like the sound as well.
Looking forward to play chords and play with pitch expression on individual midi events
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Gear addict

I agree. The Retrolog is awesome. First that fat bass.

Wys?ane z mojego X10i

Repliee - producer & remixer
www.soundcloud.com/repliee

http://soundcloud.com/repliee/candy-girl-dj-adamus-just-do
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensorychaos View Post
matrix of retrologue even offers source 3 to 8 as vst expression source
Oh sh*t you're right! ...I'm gonna have fun with this
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

I am using the Protools stickers and really need the letters on the keyboard. Its pretty easy to get offset because the stickers change the touch slightly, so having the letters is essential, for me anyway.

A bad movie in 3D is still a bad movie. -wifey

Jim Hewitt
Barn Jazz Productions
www.barnjazz.com
8th March 2012
Old 8th March 2012
Lives for gear

any success stories with the new audio warping upgrade?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search