steinberg cubase 6.5
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

Anyone knows how long is the grace period?
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear addict

can someone please confirm that the new editing functions mean you can actually perform iterative quantize on audio events now? (as opposed to only being able to iterative-Q midi data only.)
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Great, I been learning Chinese now I can use the Chinese language version!.. yipee....

1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

padshop and retrologue - are they available for other hosts as well within the update?

Say I mainly use Ableton now but I still have C6 so the only point of upgrading is to get the new synths to Ableton. Didnt find info about Retrologue compatibility - I think padshop is for other hosts as well but is that version included in the upgrade price??

Brassss
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttler View Post
Anyone knows how long is the grace period?
Starts on 1st of January and has no dedicated ending.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
padshop and retrologue - are they available for other hosts as well within the update?
Would work with VST3 hosts like Studio One. I believe Ableton ist still on VST2.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Would work with VST3 hosts like Studio One. I believe Ableton ist still on VST2.
wow. thats an important piece of info.

so they will not work in vst2 hosts.

ableton is lagging behind ... again
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear Head

I just downloaded the update (I'm on the grace period) and I have to say that retrologue sounds really good, I'm impressed

Congratulations to the developers of this little gem.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Maybe I am a ****** but could someone point me to the 6.06 download page?
Cant find in o Steiny page - only the 6.5 which I am not intending to pay for.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

Cubase6.06 gonna be avaible next week
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Deleted User
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Deleted User

Software

Quote:
Ahh, I see. You did UPGRADE. I have to say that you've got a really nice price for that upgrade. But I also understand that you, for financial reasons, can't go with every update.
Try to see it from this perspective, just because 6.5 is released version 6 is not outdated and a bad product.
Yep no bad price but I had no choice since going from C4 studio to C6 artist was not possible, since they gave it a different name and less options, they explained, you can't downgrade...So no choice there, I don't like stuff like that too often, but hey that's me.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear addict

the worst "update" ever.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
the worst "update" ever.
The most constructive and informative "post" ever.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
Does not make me want to upgrade from 5. Sounds like some freeware VSTs.
Maybe you should have a look at some user comments about the new instruments. According to them, the new synths are far from being free ware.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
The most constructive and informative "post" ever.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Maybe you should have a look at some user comments about the new instruments. According to them, the new synths are far from being free ware.
thats pretty obvious as you have to pay for them
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
thats pretty obvious as you have to pay for them
The former poster have chosen "freeware" to describe the new synths and in this kontext "freeware" means low quality. With other words, the new VST's are far from being low quality.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

At the risk of putting myself out on a limb here, I dare say that Retrologue is on par with current state-of-the-art VA synths (U-he Diva and Arturia SEM V, for instance). Of course, I have just begun scratching the surface of Retrologue but so far, I am really impressed.

Cheers,

Jack
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

To supplement this new release...

Just wanted to mention that I'll be putting out a new Cubase shortcut sticker set within 3 weeks. Could be a great addition to the 6.5 update

We haven't got our hands on the new version, so if there are differences please let us know. We are aware of the new Comp tool. Does this have a new dedicated key? Of course you can always re-map.... But suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Hell, who wants a GS discount?
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

those shortcut stickers look nice. what would be price/shipping to uk?
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Price and Shipping...

Thank you! Our stickers are $9.99 USD shipping worldwide (Free Shipping! No Tax!) You can view and learn more on our website and Facebook pages.

We ship within 48 hours and can rush ship for an additional $1.99 per item. Most orders arrive within 3 business days (US) and within 5-10 business days worldwide.

2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
At the risk of putting myself out on a limb here, I dare say that Retrologue is on par with current state-of-the-art VA synths (U-he Diva and Arturia SEM V, for instance). Of course, I have just begun scratching the surface of Retrologue but so far, I am really impressed.

Cheers,

Jack
As per my previous post and in agreement with the above, Retrologue is absolutely fantastic. It sounds incredible!!!

Worth the update price on its own.

I'd say it's the best analog emulation I've heard.

Please bear in mind, earlier on this thread I was bitching about this being a paid update.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear addict

Oh, and further to the above- I own a variety of analog synths vintage and modern, and also an Access Virus TI.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coady Carlisle View Post
Just wanted to mention that I'll be putting out a new Cubase shortcut sticker set within 3 weeks. Could be a great addition to the 6.5 update

We haven't got our hands on the new version, so if there are differences please let us know. We are aware of the new Comp tool. Does this have a new dedicated key? Of course you can always re-map.... But suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Hell, who wants a GS discount?
Great idea! Count me in. Is it possible to get them without the key letters on them for those of us who customize our key commands?
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Stickers without letters...

Thanks for the interest! We've been thinking about a version without the key letters for people who want to customize the shortcut locations. Two issues:

1) Color layout would no longer separate certain functions (though we do have a black and white version)

2) People will not know what keyboard key they are pressing.

Do you think most people know the keyboard layout anyways and won't need the letters on the stickers? We could do a limited run of these but for just a few people is not worth it. Please, let us know what you all think
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeap,and I would also add DCAM on your list.
Very similar sounding. Nice stuff.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coady Carlisle View Post

I certainly want one! Cheers
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
As per my previous post and in agreement with the above, Retrologue is absolutely fantastic. It sounds incredible!!!

Worth the update price on its own.

I'd say it's the best analog emulation I've heard.

Please bear in mind, earlier on this thread I was bitching about this being a paid update.
I second this.
It's actually really great.
Also, the comping feature has been improved and updated. It hasn't just been put back to v5.
The warping feature being available directly in the quantize tool is pretty sweet, if the hitpoint detection algorithm was as good as beatdetective in PT then that would be great, but it's still very very good.
I'd say if your a pro then this is a decent paid update.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

I'm satisfied with the update over here. I figured that these features would be in C7 at some point and that the upgrade price from 6.5 to 7 would be less than going from C6-7.

Since that seems to be the case, I can "prepay" and learn to use some of the new features instead trying them all at once in a year or whenever C7 rolls out.

I'm finding Retrologue to be a good way to learn about programming synths. Sounds pretty good too.

I was a little iffy about the paid update, but having upgraded for $149 last year, I can live with it.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search