Login / Register

steinberg cubase 6.5
New Reply
Subscribe
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

anybody knows how i can save plug in settings for my own plug in "startup"?
in logic there is an option to name a setting "#default" - the plug in opens with this setup.
e-smile-z
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

i m not sure about the upgrade...padshop would be great if i could import my owen samples ...why not steinberg ? u could have had a vst v-synth!!!!retrologue? not sure i m saturated with synths...i like simple synths and this looks like one but i have halion sonic which offers nearly everythink what retrolouge has to offer.
dj eq / filter looks like fun ...like it like it...
the new comp features....mmmh nice...
rewire 64 bit ? i need it and it comes with 6.06...

not sure if i need the upgrade...it s not a money thing i would prefer a 6.5 without synths and free.
not sure if it s good to upgrade cause if it works out for them they gonna charge for every x.5 upgrade
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
You put the tracks in a folder and engage the groups button and everything is grouped
Sure... for editing. But I'm talking about comping. Unless I'm wrong, you have to have all lanes open for each track where you want to visually see the current take being played back. So, when comping drums you would probably at least want the kick, snare, and overheads lanes showing. If you have 4 takes. that's 12 lanes in addition to your 8 tracks of drums. That's 20..., and that's only 4 takes, and not showing you the tom or room mics which come into play when deciding where your edits are.

Also, if you've punched in along the way while doing takes it starts to really fall apart. Takes don't switch within the group because they're not exactly the same length. I get the message "Tracks in this folder are not in sync. Group editing could fail!"

I'm new to Cubase (20 days left on trial as of today) so if I'm missing something, I would love to know.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Sure... for editing. But I'm talking about comping. Unless I'm wrong, you have to have all lanes open for each track where you want to visually see the current take being played back. So, when comping drums you would probably at least want the kick, snare, and overheads lanes showing. If you have 4 takes. that's 12 lanes in addition to your 8 tracks of drums. That's 20..., and that's only 4 takes, and not showing you the tom or room mics which come into play when deciding where your edits are.

Also, if you've punched in along the way while doing takes it starts to really fall apart. Takes don't switch within the group because they're not exactly the same length. I get the message "Tracks in this folder are not in sync. Group editing could fail!"

I'm new to Cubase (20 days left on trial as of today) so if I'm missing something, I would love to know.
You can comp without showing the lanes on each take using the lane front and back commands.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Gear maniac

I downloaded it.

The Retrolouge is one of the best analog emulations I've heard. Seriously.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
You can comp without showing the lanes on each take using the lane front and back commands.
Can you explain that a bit more? I can't find either of those commands... or are those new to 6.5?
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Hi I think it sucks, payed 200 euro in october 11 to get to C6 and now 50 more?
No way.
I use Cubase since 1997 and I expect at least to get updates in C6 versions.
Strange. Update price from 5 to 6 was 149,- Euro. Adding additional 49,- Euro for 6.5 leads to a final price of 199,-.
With other words, 4 to 5 was 199, 5 to 6.5 is 199,-. No big difference from my point of view...
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to diogo_c
Lucky me - I've awaited until a couple of weeks ago to make the jump from v5 to v6 so I got it for free on the grace period.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to The dman
Quote:
Can you explain that a bit more? I can't find either of those commands... or are those new to 6.5?
I think what he means is you could record multiple tracks and takes without having the takes expanded and right click on the event and choose which take you want to bring to the front. If you had it in a group folder it would change all the tracks. You might want to check out 6.5 if you can, it has some very nice take improvements

I track drums 8 tracks at a time and have no need to see all the lanes while i'm recording. I usually have one track expanded just so I get a visual of what's going on
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Instead of expanding the lanes on all the audio tracks use the move to front and the move to back uncover commands. You may have to assign key commands for these. Basically all the events are on top of one another so when you are in group edit mode bring the events of one track to the front will result in the others doing the same. I find it helps if I colour each set take then when you use the front and back commands you can clearly see whats going on.
Deleted User
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Deleted User

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
Since I had a similar situation with Ableton when Live 8 came out, I would highly suggest you to shoot Steiny an email in a polite manner and explain them your case.They may hook you up with a credit coupon(like splitting the difference with you). Just give it a try.
Hi thanks for your advice. It's paying for an update inside C6 (or how to say it) I'm not so happy about. As I read later you can also choose the 6.06 free update with the bugfixes. But that's not what I saw first. I think 200 euro should bring me a decent amount of time to work with an up to date software.
Deleted User
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Deleted User

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Strange. Update price from 5 to 6 was 149,- Euro. Adding additional 49,- Euro for 6.5 leads to a final price of 199,-.
With other words, 4 to 5 was 199, 5 to 6.5 is 199,-. No big difference from my point of view...
Hi I went from 4 studio to 6 for 199 euro and hoped to hold on till C8 for 139 euro. I can't get all updates so I have to be clever to use Cubase as long as it goes.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Hi I went from 4 studio to 6 for 199 euro and hoped to hold on till C8 for 139 euro. I can't get all updates so I have to be clever to use Cubase as long as it goes.
Ahh, I see. You did UPGRADE. I have to say that you've got a really nice price for that upgrade. But I also understand that you, for financial reasons, can't go with every update.
Try to see it from this perspective, just because 6.5 is released version 6 is not outdated and a bad product.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

Anyone knows how long is the grace period?
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to lukasbrooklyn
can someone please confirm that the new editing functions mean you can actually perform iterative quantize on audio events now? (as opposed to only being able to iterative-Q midi data only.)
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Great, I been learning Chinese now I can use the Chinese language version!.. yipee....

1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

padshop and retrologue - are they available for other hosts as well within the update?

Say I mainly use Ableton now but I still have C6 so the only point of upgrading is to get the new synths to Ableton. Didnt find info about Retrologue compatibility - I think padshop is for other hosts as well but is that version included in the upgrade price??

Brassss
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttler View Post
Anyone knows how long is the grace period?
Starts on 1st of January and has no dedicated ending.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
padshop and retrologue - are they available for other hosts as well within the update?
Would work with VST3 hosts like Studio One. I believe Ableton ist still on VST2.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Would work with VST3 hosts like Studio One. I believe Ableton ist still on VST2.
wow. thats an important piece of info.

so they will not work in vst2 hosts.

ableton is lagging behind ... again
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear Head

I just downloaded the update (I'm on the grace period) and I have to say that retrologue sounds really good, I'm impressed

Congratulations to the developers of this little gem.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Maybe I am a ****** but could someone point me to the 6.06 download page?
Cant find in o Steiny page - only the 6.5 which I am not intending to pay for.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear maniac

Cubase6.06 gonna be avaible next week
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Deleted User
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Deleted User

Software

Quote:
Ahh, I see. You did UPGRADE. I have to say that you've got a really nice price for that upgrade. But I also understand that you, for financial reasons, can't go with every update.
Try to see it from this perspective, just because 6.5 is released version 6 is not outdated and a bad product.
Yep no bad price but I had no choice since going from C4 studio to C6 artist was not possible, since they gave it a different name and less options, they explained, you can't downgrade...So no choice there, I don't like stuff like that too often, but hey that's me.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear addict

Send a message via ICQ to andivax Send a message via MSN to andivax
the worst "update" ever.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
the worst "update" ever.
The most constructive and informative "post" ever.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
Does not make me want to upgrade from 5. Sounds like some freeware VSTs.
Maybe you should have a look at some user comments about the new instruments. According to them, the new synths are far from being free ware.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
The most constructive and informative "post" ever.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Maybe you should have a look at some user comments about the new instruments. According to them, the new synths are far from being free ware.
thats pretty obvious as you have to pay for them
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search