steinberg cubase 6.5
#151
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #151
Lives for gear
 
norbury brook's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by monad View Post
Since English is your first language, I find it rather surprising (and somewhat amusing) that you don't seem to know (a rather elementary rule) that apostrophes aren't needed when forming plural.

Now back OT; this is a great update and a price is a non-issue, at least for me.
I like the new warping and comping features, they seem to be very useful. Downloading now.


LOL.....nice one


MC
#152
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #152
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 3,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by monad View Post
Since English is your first language, I find it rather surprising (and somewhat amusing) that you don't seem to know (a rather elementary rule) that apostrophes aren't needed when forming plural.
Oh let a drunk dude celebrate his birthday! lol!...but pls mods delete his blurby posts for the shake of this thread!
This update looks lika another homerun for Steinberg. Killah!
downloading...
#153
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #153
Lives for gear
 
wakestyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,498

Very nice! New comping and improved Audio Warping. I hope it's good.

Can anyone tell if they implemented multiple Stereo Rewire?

If they have I'm upgrading for sure.
#154
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #154
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
Very nice! New comping and improved Audio Warping. I hope it's good.

Can anyone tell if they implemented multiple Stereo Rewire?

If they have I'm upgrading for sure.
are there new shortcuts or functions???
#155
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #155
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,664

Hmmm. I still don't get the comping feature. Seems great when dealing with vocals..., but what about drums or multi-mic'd guitars. Do you have to show ALL lanes for each track? Drums with 8 mics and 4 takes would need a ginormous screen! Thats 32 lanes right there..... Maybe I'm missing something simple?
#156
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #156
Gear addict
 
mutilatedlip's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 315
My Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Hmmm. I still don't get the comping feature. Seems great when dealing with vocals..., but what about drums or multi-mic'd guitars. Do you have to show ALL lanes for each track? Drums with 8 mics and 4 takes would need a ginormous screen! Thats 32 lanes right there..... Maybe I'm missing something simple?
Wouldn't you just comp each kit part at a time?
#157
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #157
Gear addict
 
mutilatedlip's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 315
My Studio

I've just recorded loads of bass, vocals and guitar, so what are the new features exactly?
#158
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #158
Lives for gear
 
Jorg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,790
My Recordings/Credits

Turns out I'm in the grace period and get it for free.
Still feel for all the others as this really sucks. How much did it end up costing anyway?
#159
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #159
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
Wouldn't you just comp each kit part at a time?
You mean take the snare from take 1, kick from take 2, overheads from take 3?!?!?! Maybe I misunderstood what you're getting at, but that would create some fairly major problems.
#160
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #160
Lives for gear
 
The dman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Hmmm. I still don't get the comping feature. Seems great when dealing with vocals..., but what about drums or multi-mic'd guitars. Do you have to show ALL lanes for each track? Drums with 8 mics and 4 takes would need a ginormous screen! Thats 32 lanes right there..... Maybe I'm missing something simple?
You put the tracks in a folder and engage the groups button and everything is grouped
#161
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #161
Lives for gear
 
wakestyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,498

Can somebody pls post the complete patch notes. thx
Deleted User
#162
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #162
Deleted User
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Software Sucks

Hi I think it sucks, payed 200 euro in october 11 to get to C6 and now 50 more?
No way.
I use Cubase since 1997 and I expect at least to get updates in C6 versions.
Deleted User
#163
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #163
Deleted User
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Software

Will this be a way to charge more for a C6 to C7 update?
#164
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #164
Lives for gear
 
wakestyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,498

#165
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #165
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 3,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Hi I think it sucks, payed 200 euro in october 11 to get to C6 and now 50 more?
No way.
I use Cubase since 1997 and I expect at least to get updates in C6 versions.
Since I had a similar situation with Ableton when Live 8 came out, I would highly suggest you to shoot Steiny an email in a polite manner and explain them your case.They may hook you up with a credit coupon(like splitting the difference with you). Just give it a try.
#166
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #166
Gear nut
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
Can somebody pls post the complete patch notes. thx

29380 Project: When im- & exporting Track Archives, Marker tracks are now properly
stored and restored.
27259 Project: Project saving time is improved.
29643 Audio: Selecting multiple mixer channels via SHIFT modifier no longer selects
input/output channels accidentally.
29549 Audio: Exporting a quad-channel audio mixdown to MP3 format no longer
renders the application unresponsive.
29526 Audio: Recalling a VST Connection preset while the Audio Export Mixdown
dialog is open no longer renders the application unresponsive.
29702 Audio Editing: After splitting a VariAudio segment of a shared clip, pressing
the Cancel button in the "New Version" window no longer renders the
application unresponsive.
29696 Audio Editing: Editing an audio clip with VariAudio, then deleting it and
undoing the whole operation now works as expected.
29680 Audio Editing: Using the "Close Gaps (Time Stretch)" function no longer
introduces unwanted audible artifacts.
29665 Audio Editing: Inserting silence into a selected range now works as expected if
the selection end is directly followed by a signature change.
29085 Editing: After saving and (re-)loading a project, the event order on Lanes is
restored properly under all conditions.
28901 Editing: The Delete Overlaps command now works on specific event
selections.
29572 Editing: When working with Lanes, a cluttered overview is now prevented due
to optimized event overlap rules.
29507 MIDI: Recording in MIDI Replace mode now works as expected at any project
time.
29612 Plug-in: When using the Mix6to2 plug-in, the first channel (volume left) is now
fully automatable.
29597 Plug-in: When using Cloner, automating the "Detune natural" button no longer
mutes the audio signal.
29596 Plug-in: Automating the Voices parameter in Cloner now works properly.
29418 Plug-in: After saving and loading VST Presets, the bypass state of specific
plug-ins is now recalled correctly.
#167
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #167
Lives for gear
 
wakestyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,498

thank you!
#168
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #168
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 866

anybody knows how i can save plug in settings for my own plug in "startup"?
in logic there is an option to name a setting "#default" - the plug in opens with this setup.
e-smile-z
Thread Starter
#169
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #169
Gear addict
 
e-smile-z's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 428

Thread Starter
i m not sure about the upgrade...padshop would be great if i could import my owen samples ...why not steinberg ? u could have had a vst v-synth!!!!retrologue? not sure i m saturated with synths...i like simple synths and this looks like one but i have halion sonic which offers nearly everythink what retrolouge has to offer.
dj eq / filter looks like fun ...like it like it...
the new comp features....mmmh nice...
rewire 64 bit ? i need it and it comes with 6.06...

not sure if i need the upgrade...it s not a money thing i would prefer a 6.5 without synths and free.
not sure if it s good to upgrade cause if it works out for them they gonna charge for every x.5 upgrade
#170
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #170
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
You put the tracks in a folder and engage the groups button and everything is grouped
Sure... for editing. But I'm talking about comping. Unless I'm wrong, you have to have all lanes open for each track where you want to visually see the current take being played back. So, when comping drums you would probably at least want the kick, snare, and overheads lanes showing. If you have 4 takes. that's 12 lanes in addition to your 8 tracks of drums. That's 20..., and that's only 4 takes, and not showing you the tom or room mics which come into play when deciding where your edits are.

Also, if you've punched in along the way while doing takes it starts to really fall apart. Takes don't switch within the group because they're not exactly the same length. I get the message "Tracks in this folder are not in sync. Group editing could fail!"

I'm new to Cubase (20 days left on trial as of today) so if I'm missing something, I would love to know.
#171
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #171
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Sure... for editing. But I'm talking about comping. Unless I'm wrong, you have to have all lanes open for each track where you want to visually see the current take being played back. So, when comping drums you would probably at least want the kick, snare, and overheads lanes showing. If you have 4 takes. that's 12 lanes in addition to your 8 tracks of drums. That's 20..., and that's only 4 takes, and not showing you the tom or room mics which come into play when deciding where your edits are.

Also, if you've punched in along the way while doing takes it starts to really fall apart. Takes don't switch within the group because they're not exactly the same length. I get the message "Tracks in this folder are not in sync. Group editing could fail!"

I'm new to Cubase (20 days left on trial as of today) so if I'm missing something, I would love to know.
You can comp without showing the lanes on each take using the lane front and back commands.
#172
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #172
Gear addict
 
mutilatedlip's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 315
My Studio

I downloaded it.

The Retrolouge is one of the best analog emulations I've heard. Seriously.
#173
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #173
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
You can comp without showing the lanes on each take using the lane front and back commands.
Can you explain that a bit more? I can't find either of those commands... or are those new to 6.5?
#174
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #174
Gear nut
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Hi I think it sucks, payed 200 euro in october 11 to get to C6 and now 50 more?
No way.
I use Cubase since 1997 and I expect at least to get updates in C6 versions.
Strange. Update price from 5 to 6 was 149,- Euro. Adding additional 49,- Euro for 6.5 leads to a final price of 199,-.
With other words, 4 to 5 was 199, 5 to 6.5 is 199,-. No big difference from my point of view...
#175
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #175
Lives for gear
 
diogo_c's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: BHZ/MG - Brazil

Lucky me - I've awaited until a couple of weeks ago to make the jump from v5 to v6 so I got it for free on the grace period.
#176
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #176
Lives for gear
 
The dman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Can you explain that a bit more? I can't find either of those commands... or are those new to 6.5?
I think what he means is you could record multiple tracks and takes without having the takes expanded and right click on the event and choose which take you want to bring to the front. If you had it in a group folder it would change all the tracks. You might want to check out 6.5 if you can, it has some very nice take improvements

I track drums 8 tracks at a time and have no need to see all the lanes while i'm recording. I usually have one track expanded just so I get a visual of what's going on
#177
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
  #177
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Can you explain that a bit more? I can't find either of those commands... or are those new to 6.5?
Instead of expanding the lanes on all the audio tracks use the move to front and the move to back uncover commands. You may have to assign key commands for these. Basically all the events are on top of one another so when you are in group edit mode bring the events of one track to the front will result in the others doing the same. I find it helps if I colour each set take then when you use the front and back commands you can clearly see whats going on.
Deleted User
#178
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
  #178
Deleted User
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
Since I had a similar situation with Ableton when Live 8 came out, I would highly suggest you to shoot Steiny an email in a polite manner and explain them your case.They may hook you up with a credit coupon(like splitting the difference with you). Just give it a try.
Hi thanks for your advice. It's paying for an update inside C6 (or how to say it) I'm not so happy about. As I read later you can also choose the 6.06 free update with the bugfixes. But that's not what I saw first. I think 200 euro should bring me a decent amount of time to work with an up to date software.
Deleted User
#179
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
  #179
Deleted User
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Strange. Update price from 5 to 6 was 149,- Euro. Adding additional 49,- Euro for 6.5 leads to a final price of 199,-.
With other words, 4 to 5 was 199, 5 to 6.5 is 199,-. No big difference from my point of view...
Hi I went from 4 studio to 6 for 199 euro and hoped to hold on till C8 for 139 euro. I can't get all updates so I have to be clever to use Cubase as long as it goes.
#180
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
  #180
Gear nut
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Hi I went from 4 studio to 6 for 199 euro and hoped to hold on till C8 for 139 euro. I can't get all updates so I have to be clever to use Cubase as long as it goes.
Ahh, I see. You did UPGRADE. I have to say that you've got a really nice price for that upgrade. But I also understand that you, for financial reasons, can't go with every update.
Try to see it from this perspective, just because 6.5 is released version 6 is not outdated and a bad product.
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
bassnote / Music Computers
11
Doublehelix / So much gear, so little time!
8
Reag1502 / Music Computers
103

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.