steinberg cubase 6.5
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

i'm happy, that the steinberg support team talking to their customers!
take a look at the logic customers support.......
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

They have a forum! Run by a guy called David!

Apple / Logic doesn't really need to have people on hand to give support like that, because you very rarely get massive problems, most of the time it's user error.

You already get plugins with Logic that rival 3rd party software, decent soft synths etc. and you never get people begging for a decent free sampler

I love Cubase, but I can see why Pro's use PT's and Logic, and having used Cubase since the CubaseVST days I know that the program is the most unstable out of all DAWS. and the only reason why support has stepped it's game up, is because of Yamaha.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

Demo's for Cubase are ???

Demo's for Logic are from artists in the charts, selling big units!

And not just stems either…
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

Should I mention the trouble people had trying to remove Halion Sonic after the demo had expired.

Anyway, thats enough Cubase bashing. I like the program, b/c it's what I started on.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

And um, I'm 28 today, so what's that, like over 10 years of experience with Cubase and Steinberg.

Vamoose….
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

False alarm everyone
Old 29th February 2012
Gear maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup-of-coffee View Post
Demo's for Cubase are ???

Demo's for Logic are from artists in the charts, selling big units!

And not just stems either…
yawn...
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNMusicman View Post
False alarm everyone
The usual frustration...
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Old 29th February 2012
Gear interested

Sometimes I think this forum should be renamed to "Hateslutz".
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound4LifeStudio View Post
Sometimes I think this forum should be renamed to "Hateslutz".
True. There is a reason for my signature...
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
They have a forum! Run by a guy called David!

Apple / Logic doesn't really need to have people on hand to give support like that, because you very rarely get massive problems, most of the time it's user error.

You already get plugins with Logic that rival 3rd party software, decent soft synths etc. and you never get people begging for a decent free sampler

I love Cubase, but I can see why Pro's use PT's and Logic, and having used Cubase since the CubaseVST days I know that the program is the most unstable out of all DAWS. and the only reason why support has stepped it's game up, is because of Yamaha.
Wow, a really fictional post for the most part. Logic is buggier than many DAWs, definitely more so than C6. Try asking people that are truly expert users of Logic, not just fanboys. Saying that Cubase is "most unstable out of all Daws" is just downright lunacy. Serious misinformation in your post. Cubase, Logic, and PT are all very good DAWs, and all are easily of professional caliber. If your "unstable" claim is based on personal experience, you might want to take a real look at your computer, Cubase updates, and the all other usual suspects. Go back to your bedroom, and get some more experience, or better yet, go work for somebody that has some. When you learn a lot more, it might be safer for you to post.
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
Wow, a really fictional post for the most part. Logic is buggier than many DAWs, definitely more so than C6. Try asking people that are truly expert users of Logic, not just fanboys. Saying that Cubase is "most unstable out of all Daws" is just downright lunacy. Serious misinformation in your post. Cubase, Logic, and PT are all very good DAWs, and all are easily of professional caliber. If your "unstable" claim is based on personal experience, you might want to take a real look at your computer, Cubase updates, the usual suspects. Go back to your bedroom, and get some more experience, or better yet, go work for somebody that has some. When you learn a lot more, it might be safer for you to post.
you´re right - i switched from apples bug daw to cubase 6 - and cubase 6.0 is stable from the beginning!!!
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict
49 Euro is not much. I am so going to spend it, if just for the improved audio quantize function - perfect for me to fix sloppy timing in my guitar tracks.

Thanks Steinberg. This update is worth it to me for this alone, and if you had asked ONE THING that I could have wished from you, it was Audio Quantize with Warp and Hitpoint functions combined.

I am happy.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear maniac

Old 29th February 2012
If its not offered through download, I'm not happy.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
If its not offered through download, I'm not happy.
It is offered via download
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

I was impressed by the comping and quantize tools.
Old 29th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethem View Post
It is offered via download
Link please?
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Link please?
Can you not go and look at the website yourself?

YOUR PURCHASE

CUBASE 6.5 UPDATE
from Cubase 6
Download product

Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.7
746 MB

Windows 7
740 MB
Localized in:

GBP 42.34*
DOWNLOAD PRODUCT
FREE SHIPPING
Old 29th February 2012
@Lethem: thanks mate, found out now!

AT LAST Steinberg got their act together and offered this through download.

I hope the same happens when v7 arrives.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear addict

I have been moaning but having read about the new features, paying a bit for two half-decent sounding instruments ain't so bad.

I think the quantize and comping tools should be made available free, but can understand paying for the above.

I've found C6 to be extremely stable. By far the most stable DAW I've used. Apart from if you're using the VSTbridge.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear interested

Cubase 6.5 Mac link is an Artist version

Hi - I just got the download link from Cubase for my order for update from Cubase 6 to 6.5.

I have downloaded 2 times but both with the error "defect Image" - when checking the Cubase download link I can se it have the word "Artist" in the Mac version, the Win version in the same window is only Cubase.

Is I the only one with this problem or??
Any solutions?

I have send Cubase an contact form.

ArtDECO
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by artDECO View Post
Hi - I just got the download link from Cubase for my order for update from Cubase 6 to 6.5.

I have downloaded 2 times but both with the error "defect Image" - when checking the Cubase download link I can se it have the word "Artist" in the Mac version, the Win version in the same window is only Cubase.

Any solutions?

ArtDECO
No your not the only one, there's a post about it on the Cubase forum
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, all i have to say I'm really digging the Comping enhancement!! Daaaaaaaaamn!!! Seems even more intuitive and easier to use especially the Select & Slice in 1 Move niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Great work Steiny/Yamaha Dev, honestly thumbs up on this update, just the coming add-on are worth.

Happy for the Cubase Users

Is it me or Cubase is embracing more FLAC format? Is FLAC going to become the new format to use to save room size and record lossless audio files? Very interesting
Old 29th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by artDECO View Post

Any solutions?

ArtDECO
Me too. tried it twice this morning but it errored.

I'm hoping they have it fixed by the end of the day.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerone View Post
Me too. tried it twice this morning but it errored.

I'm hoping they have it fixed by the end of the day.
According to the Steinberg forum they will have an alternative link available soon. The files seems to be corrupted by the online shop since the grace periods updates work.
Old 29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Cubase 6.5 upgrade Mac link has been removed.
Frustration......... paid for but...
Old 29th February 2012
monad

Quote:
Demo's
Since English is your first language, I find it rather surprising (and somewhat amusing) that you don't seem to know (a rather elementary rule) that apostrophes aren't needed when forming plural.

Now back OT; this is a great update and a price is a non-issue, at least for me.
I like the new warping and comping features, they seem to be very useful. Downloading now.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search