Maag EQ4 plugin out. - GET SOME AIR BAND.
brainrox
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Plugin Alliance / Brainworx

Contact info Dirk / Brainworx / Plugin Alliance:

Our Brainworx office in Germany (with GERMAN times...) takes calls from 9am - 5pm every day (week days), the number is +49-2174-6718-935. My personal email is dirk@.... (either brainworx-music.de or plugin-alliance.com). I´ll help.

Best, Dirk.

Last edited by brainrox; 13th February 2012 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: Peace.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
Sure you don´t use any anti-spam / black list / white list software?
We have activated thousands of auths in our new system already, and we´ll get you up and running for sure. Please contact us / me directly if desired.

Best, Dirk.
The ISP has whitelisted the IP of the mailserver for me but the emails don't appear to make it far enough to hit a spambox – one problem could be that the server you're using doesn't have an SPF record, although it's rare that this causes a complete refusal to handle the email.

EDIT: It seems there was at least one response but the primary email is/was not playing nice with the PA mailserver.
dio
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
dio
Gear addict

Zang,

Dirk and plugin-alliance in general offer great support with most of the e-mails responded within the same day. I am pretty sure something very rare happened in your case.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
The gain compensation goes down to -24dB.
If anyone find less gain (like the -5dB you mention) please let us know via the tech support form as we need some details then and we´ll look into it right away. It "should" be the same in every host though, of course...

Dirk.
I'm an absolute idiot and this was total user error on my part. I therefore revise my original statement to say that there's NOTHING I don't like about this and I can't wait to see what you guys do next!
BTW do you have an eta on the series 75 plug?
Thanx!
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear addict

I can confirm that I can now access this account thanks to the response from Dirk.

Last edited by ZangTumblyTumble; 13th February 2012 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Removed more of the OT stuff
DSK
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

I really don't like this company.

They make too many good plugins that I won't ever afford all

STOP MAKING GREAT STUFF !

Anyway, now that I got that out of my system, I loved what I heard on the video!
The way it lifted the sheen dirt and pleasant noise in the percussions and how the voice was more present really showed that this plugin can get results.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I really don't like this company.

They make too many good plugins that I won't ever afford all

STOP MAKING GREAT STUFF !

Anyway, now that I got that out of my system, I loved what I heard on the video!
The way it lifted the sheen dirt and pleasant noise in the percussions and how the voice was more present really showed that this plugin can get results.
It's crazy how well this works on almost anything given the limited frequency options available but it just does, flat out amazing
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie View Post
It's crazy how well this works on almost anything given the limited frequency options available but it just does, flat out amazing
maybe because the frequency ranges don't touch the fundamentals of most instruments but the body. eg 160hz on a bass or 650Hz on _uhm_ virtually everything... plus >2.5k presence and ultra low rumble and ultra high sparkle. Surprisingly nice and well balanced concept!

I was hoping for the AirBand but even if the AirBand doesn't sound that "magic" TO ME, the whole EQ sounds very very nice and is a very unique and inspiring approach between all the neves, pultecs and ssls!

bought it.
brainrox
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012

Let´s get back to the topic. EQ4 plugin & hardware.

Dirk.

Last edited by brainrox; 13th February 2012 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: I am wiser now.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, we're all absolutely riveted about this discussion. Please do continue to have it on this thread, which is the most appropriate forum for your exchange.

- c
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear maniac

This EQ is SICK!!!!!
SEB
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
SEB
Gear addict

yep, best since the Portico Eq-plugin actually.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

It is sweet.

A betterizer for sure.....

13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear nut

Bought. Stoked. You guys rule.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear maniac
A must buy for me. Love it on OH and everything that need brightness without harshness

So when do you want to ruin my finances and release Chandler plug-ins ?
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

I keep hearing about how this EQ is GREAT for Vox, and a few mentions of mix buss duties.

Anyone tired it on their master buss? Im curious as to how this "Air Band" does on a full mix.....
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Looks like it affects the overal level of all frequencies (a bit) when you´re boosting/cutting . If it makes your job easier, it´s fine. I ´m trying it and it sounds good and the frequency interaction it´s good, nothing special or wow in my opinion.

Ciro
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
feelKlang

tried it on stereo for mastering, I like the smooooth air and deep sub band - should I buy it ? ...
brainrox
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelKlang View Post
tried it on stereo for mastering, I like the smooooth air and deep sub band - should I buy it ? ...
Yes. ;-)
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
feelKlang

;-))) the other thing, the Plugin Alliance is awesome - no dongles, no serial "schnick schnack" but very very good tools !
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB View Post
yep, best since the Portico Eq-plugin actually.
They complement each other very well, more I use it the ,more I like it
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

If you are an owner of other plugin alliance plugins, is there any financial advantage? Do you get a discount on the purchase of this thing?

Lemmeknow.

I own three, but they're still iLok. I haven't moved over yet. Not out of resistance, just because I've been too busy to do it.

cheers,
c
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
If you are an owner of other plugin alliance plugins, is there any financial advantage? Do you get a discount on the purchase of this thing?

Lemmeknow.

I own three, but they're still iLok. I haven't moved over yet. Not out of resistance, just because I've been too busy to do it.

cheers,
c
I'm in the same boat. I did get the demo for this EQ last night, and I am liking it so far.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

I don't even want to demo this...bit I will
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
I don't even want to demo this...bit I will
Have your wallet ready
DSK
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie View Post
Have your wallet ready
The reason I stopped demoing BX stuff.

Never could really justify the expense, yet always felt the need to buy them.

EDIT: screw it... I give in.. I''ll demo it just for the fun and the frustration afterwards.

It's better to have something to look forward to save up for anyways...
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quickly tried it last night
I've never had the chance to hear the hw but the behavior
of this plugin is indeed very unique! I "analyzed" it with clone eq,
noticed the boosts go way higher than the cuts (db wise), also for the
first 2db boost is very smooth while it becomes more aggressive once
you pass 2.5db (also wider q it seems)

Frequency choices are very "modern" I love that, and like someone else
already mentioned it the low end imho is even more impressive than the air
band (I was on consumer headphones so this might change in studio but still..)

Easy to tweak and it seems very useful,
i'll be testing it more in some real project in the next days
but so far it seems pretty cool as all brainworx stuff
Good piece to model guys!
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear nut

I think I saw you did some of your plugins for UAD. will this be released as a UAD plugin aswell?
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

The first EQ that I believed sounded like a real hardware EQ has to be the UAD Massive Passive plugin. When I tested it for the first time, I couldn't believe my ears. Comparing it to so many EQ plugins, but none could do what the Massive Passive plugin did. Wow!

Testing the MAAG EQ4 plugin brings back the feeling I had when testing the Massive Passive. It doesn't sound like an EQ plugin, it sounds like you can change the sound from within, instead of putting an artificial flavor on top. It's difficult to describe in English, since it's not my native language, but I guess it's save to say I'm very excited and can't wait to spend my hard earned cash on this plugin, it's totally worth it!! Great job Brainworx (and other people that worked on it).
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro View Post
Looks like it affects the overal level of all frequencies (a bit) when you´re boosting/cutting . If it makes your job easier, it´s fine. I ´m trying it and it sounds good and the frequency interaction it´s good, nothing special or wow in my opinion.

Ciro

mmmm .... I used it on a stem mastering (3 tracks - vox/ "band" /snare) and it sounds much better than what I did before with other eqs. Well , it doesn´t matter the way this eq works or what the VST analyzer shows, it really works and makes life easier .Nice stuff ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search