Waves NLS & 64 bit (v9)
New Reply
Subscribe
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Those companies don't force you to buy there plug-ins.......
Wrong info here ....if you buy a system at a time T and then few years ago the system change , then to use what you paid for , you have to change the system .....and that's the point here.....we're not talking about a gy that decide to first buy from a company ...i hold in this optic my buy for the vertigo ...buy i have some waves plugins already , wanna upgrade and buy new ones but this desert in infos is a pain ....

For the piracy stuff well the point of the guy , i think is that , in some case it's even better to use w....zed version than legit ...we're supposing that you bougth the legit version of course....and he's not saying that piracy is good ......

also piracy should demonstrate to manufacturers that all this gymnastic is for nothing except stressing gear addict like many of us

MySpace : http://www.myspace.com/zoakajeezo

YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ZozillaT...t?feature=mhee

Cutthroat to the bone !

"People became used to use money they do not have to buy things they do not need to impress others who do not care"
ska
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
ska
Gear nut

Aha....didn't red the whole thread sorry, misunderstood his point!
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

So anyway back on topic.
Does anybody know or want to speculate if the 64 bit version of waves plugs will run on a 32-bit system?
I'm using a command 8 with protools and am worried that the next version of PT won't work properly with the command 8 (will grumble about that in another thread)
That would mean I'm stuck on PT10 and 32 bit (angry!!) :(
but hopefully new waves plugs would still be compatible.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by babel2 View Post
So anyway back on topic.
Does anybody know or want to speculate if the 64 bit version of waves plugs will run on a 32-bit system?
I'm using a command 8 with protools and am worried that the next version of PT won't work properly with the command 8 (will grumble about that in another thread)
That would mean I'm stuck on PT10 and 32 bit (angry!!) :(
but hopefully new waves plugs would still be compatible.
perhaps PT could develop a 64 bit to 32 bit meter bridge - but i think that's unlikely. 64bit plugins don't work on 32bit systems.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcoosticZoo View Post
perhaps PT could develop a 64 bit to 32 bit meter bridge - but i think that's unlikely. 64bit plugins don't work on 32bit systems.
I guess it's more a question of whether Waves will have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions for a while
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

I think like many dev , the installer will propose both....i ain't going 64 unitl i reach my limit , witch not the case now ...far from that ...
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I think like many dev , the installer will propose both....i ain't going 64 unitl i reach my limit , witch not the case now ...far from that ...
That's what I'm hoping
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
There is never a good reason to advocate piracy or stealing!
I agree, and I will admit I have been down that road. Personally right now dongles piss me off, I believe the only OK solution is to buy products that don't require a dongle.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Gearslutz App
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

I's all a question of trust .....Cakewalk is doing that , just serial and 1 pc at a time

So i have it installed on my lappy , my studio and even my wife lappy as a rescue in case of .....no dongle , trust and a serious users base no matter the protection .....

IF dev would give people trust , this will make a real relionship ,an increase of respect and support coming from legal costumers .....

Also i tend to think that the piracy have leveled in a more transparent way prices ....that are now more in adequation of competition/financial reality....

TAke care of your costumers , listen to them , give them good prices and support , and MAKE THEIR EXPERIENCE EASIER NOT THE OPPOSITE by chosing easy and convenient way to deal with licencing and they will be winners !
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Logic Pro is also serial based these days. But waves i doubt will ever do that.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

I dont think anyone has released exclusively 64bit plugins yet. That would be insane and commercial suicide at this point surely

if waves went only 64bit it would mean that their entire current customer base would be wiped out as only 32bit systems can run it now. this would leave the only people able to use their stuff as people who havent for a long time as theyve all gone 64bit without waves
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Plugin Alliance is one company.

Brainworx bought the rights to produce, develop and distribute the plugins from those individual manufacturers as of January 1st.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I's all a question of trust .....Cakewalk is doing that , just serial and 1 pc at a time

So i have it installed on my lappy , my studio and even my wife lappy as a rescue in case of .....no dongle , trust and a serious users base no matter the protection .....

IF dev would give people trust , this will make a real relionship ,an increase of respect and support coming from legal costumers .....

Also i tend to think that the piracy have leveled in a more transparent way prices ....that are now more in adequation of competition/financial reality....

TAke care of your costumers , listen to them , give them good prices and support , and MAKE THEIR EXPERIENCE EASIER NOT THE OPPOSITE by chosing easy and convenient way to deal with licencing and they will be winners !
people will take anything that's not chained down...and even then will try.
Waves experienced massive amounts of this already in past years and the world has gotten harder not easier....it's a huge problem.
It must have been a difficult time for them when so many people were simply sharing the plugins around for free.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
people will take anything that's not chained down...and even then will try.
Waves experienced massive amounts of this already in past years and the world has gotten harder not easier....it's a huge problem.
It must have been a difficult time for them when so many people were simply sharing the plugins around for free.
Look, I don't have a problem Waves, Antares, Steinberg, Softube, or anyone else that uses a dongle like the iLok. What I do have a problem with is that when something goes wrong, you end up stuck in the middle of a blame game between two companies, where neither the software vendor nor the CP vendor want to take any responsibility for technical problems.

I should NOT have to re-install an OS and all of my audio software just because a company refuses to provide support for their product.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Fair ...i'm not crazy ....but i tend to try to buy only plugins (ilok ones)that i know will or are already craked : because of the rescue they could be ..... except for VCC and motu's all my plugins have their rescue team ....
others are cool licencings (Fxpansion ,NI , Tone 2, Cakewalk ...ect ....)
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012

Hey folks,

V9 and 64 bit is right around the corner (count the days).

Just got confirmation that it's a free update for everyone who has their WUP up to date.
Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
mfx
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Ok so I got some products that are out of WUP and some that are still in WUP, does this mean that I will only get x64bit for the WUP covered versions?

So only half of my plugins will be x64? And I guess when I download the waves v9 ofline install pack, I will still install all my other products but they wont work?Im very confused. And does iLok still work for waves or are we all forced to go to the new system? I like my dongles and their custom made carry case (iLok,Elicenser,Reason,+1)?

Guess I need to email Waves and see if they can respond with some sense.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Hey folks,

V9 and 64 bit is right around the corner (count the days).

Just got confirmation that it's a free update for everyone who has their WUP up to date.
Good, hold a copy of the NLS plug-in for me
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
Ok so I got some products that are out of WUP and some that are still in WUP, does this mean that I will only get x64bit for the WUP covered versions?

So only half of my plugins will be x64? And I guess when I download the waves v9 ofline install pack, I will still install all my other products but they wont work?Im very confused. And does iLok still work for waves or are we all forced to go to the new system? I like my dongles and their custom made carry case (iLok,Elicenser,Reason,+1)?

Guess I need to email Waves and see if they can respond with some sense.
You need to get them all up to date if you want V9 for all of them.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear maniac

The NLS plugs will be included in the Mercury bundle........ RIGHT???
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

The nasty thing about WUP is you´ll NEVER get a free update, so you ALWAYS have to pay for bug fixes (unless you got lucky and just bought it before the update). WUP is only valid for a year and it´s only for independent plugins.

Waves does the sneaky thing and WAIT just over the year and THEN release the updates and you have to pay again for WUP to get the bug fixes.

It´s brilliant, but so are the most evil things in this world.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah i wonder if they are just timing it so the max number of WUPs expire right before they update :-)

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Gearslutz App
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd View Post
The nasty thing about WUP is you´ll NEVER get a free update, so you ALWAYS have to pay for bug fixes (unless you got lucky and just bought it before the update). WUP is only valid for a year and it´s only for independent plugins.

Waves does the sneaky thing and WAIT just over the year and THEN release the updates and you have to pay again for WUP to get the bug fixes.

That makes no sense... Waves waits for you to re-WUP and then they release the updates right after your personal WUP expires?

WUP expires at different times for every customer. That was a ridiculous thing to say.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:

Huh?

This past holiday I paid my WUP, which the reseller gave me a 10% discount on. So for a $200 WUP I paid $180. I was then given a voucher for $200 (not $180) to buy additional plug-ins or bundles (which I could use to pay 25% of the plug-in cost or 50% of the bundle cost). The bundles were also on sale, and some of the plug-ins I believe.

So I got the Waves V-Series bundle, Kramer Master Tape, Metaflanger, MondoMod and S1 Imager, and a full year of WUP for about $440.

Talk about a no-brainer
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Lol.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Let´s say Waves updates a plugin January 1. You buy the plugin on that same day. You´ll have WUP for a year.

Then Waves does some bug fixes and they could release the fixes any time that same year, but NO, they´ll WAIT! They will wait for the next year and release the update in January 2. or later, so that way you have to buy the WUP again to get your fixes. And of course this same pattern goes on and on, so you always have to pay WUP for bug fixes.

Pretty sneaky if you ask me!
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012

Quote:
Let´s say Waves updates a plugin January 1. You buy the plugin on that same day. You´ll have WUP for a year.

Then Waves does some bug fixes and they could release the fixes any time that same year, but NO, they´ll WAIT! They will wait for the next year and release the update in January 2. or later, so that way you have to buy the WUP again to get your fixes. And of course this same pattern goes on and on, so you always have to pay WUP for bug fixes.

Yeah... that's never happened. You just created that whole scenario.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Super Moderator

Quote:

Do you honestly own any waves plugins? and are you just guessing how WUP actually works?

Graham
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

does anyone even remember the last time waves needed to release a bug fix?
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Okay. So, what about the people who bought their plugs on Jan. 10? Or Feb 12?

Lol.

Mac Pro Six-Core 3.46G (5.1) | 32G Ram OSX 10.8.4(unfortunately) | PTHDN 10.3.6 / 11.02
Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices…
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search