Originally Posted by Jeezo
Cool , for how long it will be possible to buy , use V8 installer ?
Also do you have any infos of the use of ilok for V9 ? any way to have authorisation for 2 systems without dongle ?
No, not without any dongle. Yes, with 1 dongle...
- Install WLC and your Plugs on computer 1
- Put the licenses on a USB stick.
- remove the stick and put it in computer 2.
- Just install the plugins without WLC on computer 2. All plugs will work.
- Leave the stick in computer 2.
- Go to "recover licenses" in WLC on computer 1.
- move/force them from the stick (that is still in the other computer) to the HD as if the usb stick is lost/broken/etc.
- Your licenses are now on the HD of computer 1 so the plugs work without a dongle.
- The stick in Computer 2 will keep working untill you open WLC with the stick connected.
The pop window in the last procedure will tell you that you can only do that once per year. Makes sense, or you could create a whole bunch of licensed USB sticks. HOWEVER. If you retrieve the lost/broken USB stick (that, in this case isn't actually lost/broken) and connect it again, the licenses will be reset again. The USB stick will stop working, the licenses are still on you HD from comp 2, and the one year period is also RESET again. No harm done.
It's an obvious loophole that almost feels like they left on purpose. I have the stick connected to my Imac and the licenses are on my MBPs HD.
No idea if it works in your situation, but it might...