Login / Register

Harrison Mixbus - the Virtual Analog Console in a DAW - is now available for Windows
New Reply
Subscribe
26th February 2012
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptionRing View Post
Does anyone have problems with Waves Tune in mixbus? It doesn't scan the audio for me. My other Waves plugs work fine.
VST-Shell is not supported yet, so Waves will not work.
Harrison Press
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Harrison Consoles

Introductory price ending this weekend!

Reminder: the Windows "introductory" price ends this Sunday, March 4th. This price is valid for OSX and Linux users, too: Mixbus 2.0 for $149
6th April 2012
Old 6th April 2012
Gear addict

Reminder: the special pricing, including $29 "Crossgrade" price for Linux/OSX users, ends April 9th. Get it here: Harrison Mixbus or email us at mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mixbus was updated to version 2.0.7 last week. This update provides important fixes for the recently-released Windows version. It includes several important fixes for VST scanning, audio setup, and a mouse control issue. We also fixed a long-standing mouse/menu issue on OSX. On OSX and Linux, it adds MIDI control of Compressor, EQ, Mixbus, and Phase toggles. For all platforms, it provides several operational improvements to editing, looping, metronome clicks, and keybindings. A full list of changes is available in the manual ( http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixb...ser_Manual.pdf )
Harrison Press
12th July 2012
Old 12th July 2012
Harrison Consoles

Mixbus v2.1

Mixbus 2.1 is now available as a FREE update for our customers.

This free update provides several new features ( Soundcloud, Freesound, and metadata integration, among others ) along with many bugfixes and improvements on all 3 platforms. A full list of changes can be found in the Release Notes of the updated User Manual.

OSX users will be happy to see some deep fixes for long-standing issues such as plugin UI separation on specific multi-monitor setups and improvements to AU plugin routing (no more losing the right channel on a few plugins ). Windows users will find greatly improved VST support, including an external scanning app which avoids VST scanning crashes. We worked very hard to introduce some good new features while making dramatic improvements to overall stability and consistency on all 3 platforms. We also incorporated an extended beta test period for this release, so we could capture more user input before the launch. Once again, we want to express a heartfelt thank you to our customers and supporters. We couldn't do this work without your input and encouragement!

The future of Mixbus is very bright with Ardour3 features, new plugins, new videos, and a hardware control surface underway. And we continue to support the Ardour open-source workstation with code and funding, which is a Good Thing(tm) for our industry. But our main focus is still customer service, fixing bugs, and adding features that our customers request. Hopefully you've sent us your comments already, and perhaps we implemented some of your requests in 2.1. If not, you should write us with your comments about Mixbus.

If you enjoy using Mixbus, please take a moment to tell a friend. We have versions for Windows, OSX, and Linux; so you can share sessions with everyone, regardless of which platform they use. We now have a subscription plan which allows them to start using Mixbus for only $49 + $9 per month.

For more information, please visit Harrison Mixbus

(click for larger image)
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Gear interested

In case it's of interest to anybody here....

Users of Mixbus v2.1 can also benefit from version 2 of ArdourXchange. Due to popular demand, our original importer plugin (which allowed you to import AAF sessions from other workstations) has been upgraded to include OMF support in addition to AAF. Versions are available for Windows, OS-X and Linux with only a few caveats:-

Quote:
1) If you're running on OS-X you must use an Intel-based Mac.

2) If you're running on Linux you must have a WORKING copy of Wine. For recent Wine versions, this will probably mean having to swap out a couple of DLLs (which we can supply).

3) Non-embedded exports aren't supported yet although they're anticipated by the end of August.
Item 3 is mostly relevant for Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro ... if you want to import from Logic Pro or Final Cut Pro, wait until the end of August..!

ArdourXchange is available here here for only $39.50

Hope it's of interest.

John Emmas
Creative Post Production
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
VST-Shell is not supported yet, so Waves will not work.
Does anyone know if this has been resolved in Mixbus 2.1?
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Gear interested

VST-Shell/Waves - Yes, I believe it has. I'm not personally involved in Mixbus's VST development but I am helping Harrison with other aspects of their Windows version. Like everything else of course, it's a work in progress but Mixbus has come a long, long, loooonng way since they released that first Windows version in January.
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Gear interested

P.S. (newbie question...)

If you type a signature in your Gearslutz Profile settings, why does it sometimes get displayed and sometimes not???
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Lives for gear

Signatures are not shown on every post to save us from the advertisement banners that some have in the sigs... Like mine

PrimatCity TV interviews....

with Chali 2na
P.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie3to1r5scI
P.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018G_agtqQA

with Pharoahe Monch
P.3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8F6MRiCuiY

Plus Spliff Star, Cunninlynguist, Smiff-n-Wessun and many more.... Check it out today!!!
30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Gear nut

Vienna Instruments Pro and Acoustica Nebula still can't be loaded in v2.1

30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Gear interested

Vienna Instruments Pro looks like quite a nice plugin but to be fair, there are reports about it not working with other DAWs too. Contact Harrison and let them know.
30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to TranscendingM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveken View Post
Vienna Instruments Pro and Acoustica Nebula still can't be loaded in v2.1

Acustica Nebula

Acoustica = different company
31st July 2012
Old 31st July 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
Acustica Nebula

Acoustica = different company
Thanks Bob!
31st July 2012
Old 31st July 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to TranscendingM
Quote:
Thanks Bob!
Any time :-)
28th October 2012
Old 28th October 2012
Gear addict

Version 2.2 is out! No official announcement?
It's getting better and better, except the crashes because of some VST plugins.
29th October 2012
Old 29th October 2012
Harrison Consoles

Harrison Mixbus v2.2 is now available as a FREE update! Customers should have receive update links via email last week.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support of Mixbus! Version 2.2 has several important fixes and improvements which can be found in the Release Notes of the new User Manual. In addition, there are 2 items that deserve special mention:

Control Surface: We are sharing a control surface proposal with selected users. If you are interested in a knob-per-function controller for Mixbus in the $1500-$1800 range, please contact us to be part of the design process!

Plugins: Mixbus version 2.2 introduces 3 new plugins. This is the beginning of a series of plugins which will work seamlessly on all 3 platforms ( Windows, OSX, and Linux ) allowing you to collaborate with Mixbus users on any system and have your plugins stay intact. Continuing with Harrison's passion for open solutions, these plugins use the new LV2 plugin format. See below for details on the Essentials Pack plugins!

Dyno-Mite is a dynamics processor like no other. Dyno-Mite can breathe extra life into a drum kit, or bring in-your-face excitement to an anemic vocal. Unlike the Mixbus channel compressors which are very transparent, Dyno-Mite imparts a noticeable compression effect. It is very easy to use with only a single control. Sliding the control to the left operates as a "downward expander" with makeup gain, while sliding to the right is an "upward compressor". This plugin is included FREE with Mixbus 2.2.

Using the open-source Gverb algorithm, GVerb+ is the perfect tool to quickly add space to your tracks. Capable of realistic halls or sparkling effects, GVerb+ is particularly suited to vocals and instruments. The presets at the top serve as starting points for the knob settings. Gverb+ is included in Mixbus v2.2, and it may be licensed by purchasing the "Essentials Pack" from the Harrison web store. ( note: this plugin was originally launched as a free addon for linux, and it remains free to our linux users )

3D Triple Delay (videos) can provide ping-pong effects, vocal doubling, slapback echo and edgy tempo-based guitar delays. The brilliant GUI makes it easy to fine-tune a delay space for your track, and the presets serve as starting points for experimentation. The simplicity of the user interfaces belies the creative potential that is possible with 3D Triple Delay:
*Flanging, chorus, and doubling effects for lead vocals and instruments.
*Slapback Echo for country, roots & rockabilly vocals.
*Tempo-locked delays for edgy rock & electonic styles.
*Barely controlled tape-delay feedback loops for dub-style productions.
*Long Echoes for dramatic solos and hard rock vocals.
*Wild panning and delay effects for experimental music.
The flexibility, ease, and sound of this plugin cannot be underestimated. 3D is a must-have plugin!

GVerb+ and the 3D Triple Delay are pre-installed in Mixbus v2.2, and may be licensed for $49 by purchasing the "Essentials Pack" from the Harrison web store:

Thanks again to all of our supporters!

-The Mixbus Team
Harrison Mixbus
30th October 2012
Old 30th October 2012
Gear nut

VST-Nebula pro and ERRS EMT250.....still not working in Mixbus V2.2

GUI is easy to corrupt in win version......
30th October 2012
Old 30th October 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
VST-Nebula pro and ERRS EMT250.....still not working in Mixbus V2.2

GUI is easy to corrupt in win version......
Hi eveken. I just looked through the history list for our Windows version and discovered that Acustica Audio are investigating the problems with Nebula Pro at the moment. I can't find any references to EMT 250 though - nor can I find any reports about GUI corruption. When did you report them?
30th October 2012
Old 30th October 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne53 View Post
Hi eveken. I just looked through the history list for our Windows version and discovered that Acustica Audio are investigating the problems with Nebula Pro at the moment. I can't find any references to EMT 250 though - nor can I find any reports about GUI corruption. When did you report them?
I saw my email sent on June....and you are right, I didn't mention the ERS EMT250.
Attached Thumbnails
Harrison Mixbus - the Virtual Analog Console  in a DAW - is now available for Windows-gui.jpg  
30th October 2012
Old 30th October 2012
Gear interested

Hi eveken. I took another look through the bug reports for June but I still couldn't find anything from you (I wasn't sure what name you sent it under so I just looked for anything that mentioned graphics corruption). Could you try sending it to us again please? Thanks.
30th October 2012
Old 30th October 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne53 View Post
Hi eveken. I took another look through the bug reports for June but I still couldn't find anything from you (I wasn't sure what name you sent it under so I just looked for anything that mentioned graphics corruption). Could you try sending it to us again please? Thanks.
Okay, I sent it again!
22nd March 2013
Old 22nd March 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Harrison Mixbus2 + Essentials Plugin Pack USD$60
( No Brainer ) TWO DAYS REMAINING! (unless you are located in the Western Hemisphere ;-)

Features:
*Full Digital Audio Workstation with file import, editing, and export.
*Integrated Harrison mixing console with "True Analog Mixing"(tm)
*Support for industry-standard plugins and audio interfaces.
*GVerb+ reverb plugin.
*3D Triple Delay plugin

Includes:
*Licensed Mixbus Application v2.2 for Windows, OSX, and Linux
*Harrison's renowned email support
*Free Mixbus 2.X updates
*License for GVerb+ reverb plugin and 3D Delay plugins.

Harrison Mixbus
3rd April 2013
Old 3rd April 2013
Lives for gear

So...If I'm running Reaper with some good EQ and comp plugins plus Slate tape and console sims on most tracks and busses, then inserting a good analog comp and EQ on the 2 bus am I missing anything with Harrison Mixbus?

The youtube demo of Reaper vs Mixbus was pretty amazing but then there didn't seem to be much processing being done to the Reaper mix so it was hard to tell.
3rd April 2013
Old 3rd April 2013
Gear interested

Paul - if you can get everything you need with your existing kit then no, there's no need to buy Mixbus. Whey would you buy anything new if your current setup fulfils all your needs?

Of course, you can import OMF and AAF into Mixbus which is something I've never achieved with Reaper...

Recently, I've been experimenting with some sessions where some of the audio was in Reaper and some was in Mixbus (imported from Pro Tools or some other DAW) and I've been using Mixbus to mix the whole shebang. It needs a bit of refinement - but boy, is that powerful !!
4th April 2013
Old 4th April 2013
Lives for gear

Well Im not actually, but mostly due to lack of skills! But I was just wondering if there was something inherently better in Mixbus, beyond having good compression eq and tape saturation so handy and well-integrated....I mean the vid made Reaper sound awful in comparison but was that really a fair comparison? Or would the Reaper session sound just as good with proper use of similar plugins?

To be honest Im most intrigued by the increase in RMS levels using Mixbus, and the fact that you apparently cant clip it....should have bought it for $40 but didnt want to spend time learning a new DAW...but thats before I saw that video clip vs Reaper...
5th April 2013
Old 5th April 2013
Gear addict

Almost 6 months for version 2.3? Damm!!!
Your pace is slowing doooooown!!! So many things to fix.
Yes, bugs already reported back then.....
5th April 2013
Old 5th April 2013
Gear addict

@scalawag: sorry for the delay! Development is faster than ever, but it's split 3 ways between v2, v3, and some new plugins. We're also developing a lot more video material than before. It's all good!

You can keep up with developments for both v2 and v3 through the Ardour open-source community.

Best,
Ben Loftis
Harrison Consoles
13th April 2013
Old 13th April 2013
Gear interested

Does this works on Win 7 64 bit ?
Anybody tried ?

Thanks.
13th April 2013
Old 13th April 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljaz View Post
Does this works on Win 7 64 bit ?
Anybody tried ?

Thanks.
Yes. I use it on Windows 7 64bit.
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Gear maniac

can't get fabfilter pro-ds to load in 2.2.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search