Emulation II - UVI Intrument
SWAN808
16th January 2012
Old 16th January 2012
Lives for gear

Emulation II - UVI Intrument

Emulation II features a set of unique instruments to reproduce that typical music from the 80s: from warm digital sounds to the most analog-ish textures.

http://soundcloud.com/uvi-official/sets/emulation-ii

UVI adopted a hybrid approach to create these sounds, combining deep multi-sampling and powerful modeling tools (analog filters, LFO, envelopes, etc.), inspired by the original machine and enhanced with today most modern audio processing and script technology.

Sounds were recorded and carefully selected from the authentic restored instrument, with the very best analog and digital gear, suiting UVI quality standard. This process allows preserving the original sounds’ lo-fi charm.

Besides, hundreds of sounds and instruments among the best are included: drums, bass, bells, choir-voices, fretted instruments, FXs, keyboards, mallets, percussion, synths, strings, orchestral hits and a lot more.

A simple, yet complete, user interface reproduces the looks and feeling of the most famous and essential machine from the eighties. With 250+ best sounds and primary editing tools, Emulation II enables you to create authentic spin-offs with infinite options of sounds and tones.

This is definitely the ultimate digital version of the long standing professional sampler of the mid-80s, that has been used by Depeche Mode, Peter Gabriel, Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Jean-Michel Jarre, Stevie Wonder, Genesis, Paul McCartney, Enya, Vangelis, in John Carpenter's soundtracks, etc.

Discover also Drumulation: an utter beatbox with step sequencer from the eighties, loaded with 500+ drums and percussion sounds. Make your beats sound 12 bits!

(free with Emulation II)

This looks cool - and costs $199
16th January 2012
Old 16th January 2012
Gear nut

I would buy it:
- If it could load presets of the EII sampling library.
- If I can sample myself and it would sound like a EII (Low Quality AD/DA recreation)

But so... it seems to be just a good looking sample player
17th January 2012
Old 17th January 2012
Funny...you got the blue color spot on!
But I didn't recognize any of the sounds on those demo tracks.
They sound great, but if you want to sell something as an EII thing, you gotta at least start out with the original library?

Or am I missing the point?
17th January 2012
Old 17th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I would buy it:
- If it could load presets of the EII sampling library.
- If I can sample myself and it would sound like a EII (Low Quality AD/DA recreation)

But so... it seems to be just a good looking sample player

I agree fully!
17th January 2012
Old 17th January 2012
Gear nut

It's a sample library to be used in UVI Workstation or MOTU MachV 3 rather than an instrument in itself.

It sounds great but too expensive in my opinion.
SWAN808
17th January 2012
Old 17th January 2012
Lives for gear

yeah cant quite work out the pricing...maybe because of all the included drums as well...but still - Synths Anthology they have is double the size - 8Gb of vintage synths sampled and priced at $129...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search