Login / Register

Zynaptiq PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch-Correction and Pitch-Mapping
New Reply
Subscribe
Denis Goekdag
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

We use a challenge-response system. You can activate two machines at any one time, and can manually de-activate a machine to free up an activation.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag View Post
We use a challenge-response system. You can activate two machines at any one time, and can manually de-activate a machine to free up an activation.
Does the computer where the software is installed need to be connected to the internet for activation and de-activation?
Denis Goekdag
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Not for activation, there's an option for doing that via a different computer. But for de-activation: yes.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear maniac

Software

Quote:
Thanks, glad to hear you're digging the "trackballs"

We've just updated PITCHMAP as well as the free trial to version 1.1.0.

This update includes a whole bunch of new features and workflow refinements.

New in version 1.1.0:
  • Added simple stand-alone application with iTunes library access and MIDI in support.
  • Added external MIDI input for use in hosts that do not support sending MIDI to plug-ins.
  • Added more mouse-over help texts.
  • Added several new scales to the Transform macro.
  • Added support for OSX 10.5.8.
  • Added reset of main controls to default values via CTRL-click.
  • Added Repeat/Visible/Custom parameter to list of persistent parameters.
  • Added "60" to Lower Keyboard to denote "middle" C.
  • Added mouse-over activated semitone grid and transpose values to the Display.
  • Added additional Algorithm mode for increased fidelity on certain signal types.
  • Added option to load/save Snapshots from/to disk as XML via shift-click.
  • Added "clear all Snapshots" function via CTRL-click on the Snapshot Save button.
  • Added "global" option to the Threshold parameter. This helps preserving transients on very dense material.
  • Optimized detection algorithm for better performance with specific signal types.
  • Fixed several minor issues and optimized general performance.

PLEASE NOTE: as we've added a bunch of new parameters, it wasn't possible to maintain backward compatibility to session data and user presets, so PLEASE make sure you bounce any critical processing to disk before updating!

We're emailing download info to users of the full version, demo users can (and should ) get the new version here.

Best,
Denis

Any plans for a stand-alone 64 bit Windows version that can import, pitchmap, then export wave files? It's awesome as a plugin of course but some of us like to grab digital files and work with them in our hardware away from a DAW until it's time to track. At Messe will you be revealing the Windows version release date?
Denis Goekdag
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Well, on Mac, we do have a stand-alone app, which at this point however doesn't export audio (which it may well be able to in a future update). So basically, yes, when porting to Windows, we'll definitely consider a standalone version, and anything we do will be 64-bit compatible unless the target format doesn't support that.
But a Windows standalone application may turn out to be trickier than a plug-in port, we're still investigating that sort of thing, so I can't really promise that just yet. ("tricky" as in "takes (too) long", not as in "how on earth should we do THAT?" )

Another consideration WRT a stand-alone....while it appears feasible that we'd be able to make a Windows app that opens a file, processes it with PITCHMAP and exports the results, you'd be missing out on automation and the MIDI control of the plug-in. You can do a lot using the on-screen sliders (and in some regards, MORE than via MIDI), but the MIDI control really is a core feature. It is NOT likely that we'll be able to pack a full-on MIDI sequencer into a stand-alone app, or create a full DAW with MIDI *and* automation options (well, not at this point, anyway ). So it may be a good idea for you to look for a light-weight, fast-loading DAW app for your purposes regardless of whether we make a Windows standalone or not...

We'll probably not be able to reveal a Windows release date at the Messe, we haven't quite reached the point where we could give a reasonable guesstimate. Windows support is on top of our priority list, so we'll probably making fast progress once we get the new product out and return from the Messe.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear maniac

Software

Quote:

Another consideration WRT a stand-alone....while it appears feasible that we'd be able to make a Windows app that opens a file, processes it with PITCHMAP and exports the results, you'd be missing out on automation and the MIDI control of the plug-in. You can do a lot using the on-screen sliders (and in some regards, MORE than via MIDI), but the MIDI control really is a core feature. It is NOT likely that we'll be able to pack a full-on MIDI sequencer into a stand-alone app, or create a full DAW with MIDI *and* automation options (well, not at this point, anyway ). So it may be a good idea for you to look for a light-weight, fast-loading DAW app for your purposes regardless of whether we make a Windows standalone or not...
I was thinking of a PITCHMAP standalone app that could import the audio file, allow the user to create a loop which would be triggered by the computer keyboard spacebar or an external MIDI controller. Chord changes would be done by playing keys via MIDI mapping to an external controller, the same way it is for the plugin version. If you added a looping function to the standalone, MIDI mapping would be possible wouldn't it? Automation is great in a DAW environment no doubt but your technology shouldn't be limited to DAWs. In theory it seems like you could create a standalone PITCHMAP with audio importing, looping, and have MIDI control over pitch, and tempo. Audio outs would allow the user to record the results in real time to external hardware. I guess I'm thinking of PITCHMAP 2.0 Anyway, it's obviously extremely useful as a plugin but what I described would open up even more creative possibilities, which is great for everyone involved.

Congratulations on a stellar achievement. I'm looking forward to the Windows release(s) of PITCHMAP. You got my money for sure when the Windows VST plugin version drops.
Denis Goekdag
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Well, except for the loop function, that's pretty much what the Mac standalone does. If get that ported to Windows, I wouldn't think that adding a loop functionality poses much of an issue. Request duly noted and added to our (rather long) list of future features.

You need to be an OK player though if working without a MIDI sequencer (which I'm not, unfortunately), then that'd work for your application ;-)

--d
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

Somehow missed seeing this before--very interested to check it out, but it appears that your servers are down...
Denis Goekdag
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, our ISP had issues with their DB-servers, out of nowhere. I just copied & pasted 65000 lines of SQL code into a new database by hand, in blocks of 500 lines....as their SQL admin front-end is directly from the stone.age. Ouch.

BUT the site is now back up & looking good!
Denis Goekdag
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

By the way --- we'll be demonstrating PITCHMAP and introducing a new product at our booth at the Musikmesse, hall 5.1 A91. We'll also be serving excellent single malt scotch and handing out discount vouchers for PITCHMAP & the new thang, so make sure to visit us there!

--d
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

Hello, do you plan to port it to windows "soon" -?
Thanks
Denis Goekdag
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

I'm afraid I can't be more specific than "this year" yet. But VST & AAX for Mac & Win are on the top of our priority list once we've released UNVEIL right after showing it at the Musikmesse (Hall 5.1 Booth A91).
TNM
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish I'd had this when I was still doing lots of remix jobs. Would have been minutes instead of hours (or days) to fit some cheesy vocal and/or instrument track onto a cool tune. Literally minutes.

And when doing film scoring or commercials....you know, the type of job where the director will come to your studio and go

after having given you the "GO!" on your layout and it's all finished ....this would ease the pain, for sure

Ok just so i understand this, (and forgive me if what i am about to ask is easy for pitchmap),

this plugin can match a pitch of a vocal to a track or vice versa?

I mean i can do that in melodyne two with lots of mucking around and a good ear, but say i want to throw a vocal onto a mi and am going crazy trying to match the key as the vocal changes etc and to the dynamics of my song, pitchmap can scan the song and the vocal can be made to fit? If, so that;s worth it for me on it's own.
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Lives for gear

Well, not in a fully automatic way....we're real-time, not based on prior scanning or analysis. But you can simply define a target scale and whatever you throw at it will be adapted. You can define that target scale using sliders in the GUI to map source pitches to target pitches, exclude specifc pitches from the target grid forcing sounds playing on the excluded pitch to play on the closest allowed pitch, or simply play the target scale live via MIDI.

Say you want to fit something like an eight bar snippet from a backing track to a vocal. All you need to do is play whatever chords or melodies you think suit the vocal and that you want the backing track to have via a MIDI keyboard, and the backing will follow. Check the demo, this is really fast and fun. At the Messe we're demonstrating running several well-known tunes through PM, changing their harmonies and melodies. Pretty mad to have Michael Jackson's "beat it" playing, but with the chords of "thriller"...
TNM
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Am checking the demo now..

i would rather not change the polyphonic nature and key of the main song as i can notice the quality straight away. (that said it is far beyond anything else currently available, just that i can pick the artificial side instantly, i have always been a freak like that).

would rather change the vocal to match the existing song, thought this might be an easier way to do it.

Also unless i am missing something i couldn't really isolate things all that well , and yes i fully understand this is not an advertised feature.

Hmmmm.. i think i will stick with melodyne and just keep saving for sonicworx isolate and i will have the best of everything.

I would *love* to buy this to have fun with but you know....

what i will do it wait till the windows versions are released and aax etc when you have stated you will have another special for those users and re evulate it then when $$$ are better You won't know i'm on mac..
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
Gear maniac

If you want to change the vocal to meet the pitch of the track try 'Vocalizer' by Sonivox. Similar technology to Pitchmap but designed mainly for vox.
Denis Goekdag
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

Well, there are *plenty* of other options to process a single vocal, which are optimized for that purpose :-)

PITCHMAP will of course force a vocal into whatever key you want, but as we're expecting a polyphonic signal, we currently don't track pitch *changes*, so you'll get more pitch-jumping on monophonic signals than you'd get, say, with melodyne or autotune, as we don't have the parameters in place to smooth that out. So at this point for a monophonic sound, I'd use Melodyne.

We have that on our list of stuff we want to add, though.

With regard to "artificialness" of results....that does depend rather strongly on the settings in combination with the material. If you're having trouble getting a particular source processed in a natural way, send me an email and I'll look into whether I can get you an AU preset that works for you.
TNM
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevBonds View Post
If you want to change the vocal to meet the pitch of the track try 'Vocalizer' by Sonivox. Similar technology to Pitchmap but designed mainly for vox.

Well there is no demo and $149 blind purchase.. no way...

that said, i watched and listened to the demos on site and i can't see anything that will auto match a vocal to be in key with a song.

What i can see is playing a vocal in they key that you yourself choose, just like i can already do with autotune and melodyne.. If i am missing something, please let me know
Denis Goekdag
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

Well, the technology is in no way similar if i read the site correctly. That looks like it generates multiple voices from a single voice, much like for example Vielklang by z-Plane. Which means it is a pitch-shifter with multiple voices (plus various synthesis functions).

It does not, however, de-mix a signal and allow you shift individual components within a mix separately. At any rate, it sure does like like a cool tool.
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Well there is no demo and $149 blind purchase.. no way...

that said, i watched and listened to the demos on site and i can't see anything that will auto match a vocal to be in key with a song.

What i can see is playing a vocal in they key that you yourself choose, just like i can already do with autotune and melodyne.. If i am missing something, please let me know
hmm. there used to be a demo.

Vielklang is a different beast for sure (as is Melodyne). We've found PitchMap very useful as a quick tightness machine for guitar & bass rather than running through Melodyne. Its way quicker and leaves a certain naturalness than Melodyne seems to overtake. Keeping Melodyne for Vox Correction, zplane VK for Harms, and PiMap for overall quickness.

atb,
kjb
27th March 2012
Old 27th March 2012
Gear addict

In my mind, Melodyne and Autotune are corrective Tools with creative potential whereas Pitchmap is a creative instrument with corrective abilities.

It is an instrument because you can play it, feeding in polyphonic material and musically interacting in realtime with that material. That alone makes it a different beast altogether from the other seemingly similar products thus far mentioned.

I own Melodyne (Editor), Autotune, zplane Vielklang (and an original Digitech 'Vocalizer' circa early 90's!) and find Pitchmap to be a completely new innovation that opens up entirely NEW ways to interact with polyphonic material. IMHO, trying to 'force' comparisons to other similar 'tools' in the areas they overlap in ability short changes Pitchmap's specialness and unique approach.

The interface itself SCREAMS 'create something NEW!' and speaks to it's underlying inventive nature, again IMHO ;-) You notice in Denis's demos he didn't take a 'bad' performance and make it 'normal', he took great performances and made them altogether NEW...which I think is the way to view Pitchmap best.
Denis Goekdag
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
In my mind, Melodyne and Autotune are corrective Tools with creative potential whereas Pitchmap is a creative instrument with corrective abilities.
Interesting way of putting it :-)

At any rate, heads up: today's the last day our PITCHMAP introductory offer, so if you want to get it, *now* would be a good time!

Cheers,
Denis
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Is it true that I missed the introductioary price?
Denis Goekdag
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

I'm afraid it is....
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Bir isviçrelic karde? için?

Damn... why did you fellow Gslutz not hype this software more?

stardustmedia - murat
high end analog music production
stay tuned thru my facebook fanpage: stardustmedia
Denis Goekdag
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Bir isviçrelic karde? için?
I *am* half Turkish, but unfortunately, i don''t speak a lot of Turkish..
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
I *am* half Turkish, but unfortunately, i don''t speak a lot of Turkish..
I was appealing to you as a "brother"

I am full turkish, but that's no guarantee for a good turkish language anyway

Know too many friends speaking german, then english, there even more speaking french than turkish among my friends.
Denis Goekdag
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah, similar here...you'll find young Turkish people mixing languages in the same sentence regularly
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I'll buy your plugin, if it has a TURKISH language set

Otherwise I'll stick to the demo I just downloaded. I wonder what I can do with it on the creative side of music
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

PS: what kind of copy protection is used? I couldn't find any information about it on the page.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search