8Dio Adagio (new string library)
New Reply
Subscribe
donethur
28th December 2011
Old 28th December 2011
Gear addict

8Dio Adagio (new strings library)

Hi, this new product seems to be really amazing IMO, better than anything in the market judging for the demos only (it will be released in Feb)... check out the demos:

Adagio Tech demo: "Ensemble Loure & Solo Violin Legato + Bonus Phrases" by Troels Folmann by 8dawn on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

web site of the product with more demos:

Adagio: Violins Vol. 1 | ,

Release Date: February 2012

Pre-Order Price: $399 ($599 MSRP)
Imagine samples with true emotion – where every note matters. ADAGIO is the air, the flow, the burn and the sorrow of symphonic strings.

Produced by Academy Award, TEC and G.A.N.G Award Winning Composer, Troels Folmann and Emmy nominated composer and orchestrator, Colin O’Malley, 8Dio Adagio String Series marks the most expressive collection of deep-sampled emotional strings ever created. Adagio contains a variety of advanced techniques that were specifically developed for the library. The techniques allow you to create completely realistic string sequences with true emotion and passion. You don’t need to be a master orchestrator to sound great.

Adagio Violins is our first release, which will be followed by Cellos, Violas and Basses. Adagio Violins contain three main groups of violins. Full ensemble Violin (11), Small Ensemble Violin (3) and Solo Violin (1). All groups have been extensively sampled and recorded in a signature church environment with a hand-selected group of master violinists. All groups were sampled with three different microphone positions (close, far, mixed). We employed all current generation sampling techniques (ex. true legato, deep sampled repetitions etc). New techniques were also developed to capture a higher level of emotion and humanity in the performances. The result is a passionate virtual instrument which is extremely agile to play.

Adagio is next-generation orchestral sampling. We recorded 10 different types of liquid legato to cover the vast majority of natural flow techniques. The legato performances are modeled around lyrical melodies, capturing some of the spirit of the composers we love. The power of this approach cannot be over stated. Adagio captures great musicians performing as they were born to….never a static moment. Legato intervals were sampled up to 4 times round robin allowing for an even greater degree of realism. Loure or “floating notes” are also a key part of Adagio, allowing composers to perform repeated notes with connectivity. We’ve also included unprecedented “Loure Legato” patches. They have to be played to be believed. Steve Tavaglione created a comprehensive set of outstanding ambiences, which were all made from the session recordings.

Adagio allows for traditional dynamic cross-fading of sustains to shape notes. In addition to this, we deep-deep-deep sampled “Dynamic Bowing” articulations. These are notes that weep and soar effortlessly. With our intuitive programming we believe this “dynamic” approach is far superior to traditional cross-fading in the quest for a final degree of musical realism. It’s more AIR then you can breathe in a lifetime baby.

Comprehensive short notes are another highlight of Adagio. With feathery spiccatos, biting marcatos, lively pizzicatos and more, Adagio is both nuanced and acrobatic. Short notes are sampled in up to 10 round robins. The attacks of the notes have an energy and musical imperfection that will re-define your string template. Trills, tremolos and measured tremolos are also sampled in great depth for an extra shimmer or relentless pulse in your music. Adagio is an intuitive out-of-box tool. It works fluently without mangling. It also offers tremendous control and flexibility.

Adagio is designed to meet the needs of both the traditional and modern composer. Welcome to the future of sampling with motion and emotion
9th February 2012
Old 9th February 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Anyone tried this?
9th February 2012
Old 9th February 2012
Lives for gear

Alright, second library to get again from 8dio, Jesus christ. These are really beautiful sounding ones.

Check the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcNrDZLvpvg

damn it

I Think 8dio should do a Group BUY, man they will have a loads of people in, me first
9th February 2012
Old 9th February 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Oh it's not out yet, is it?
9th February 2012
Old 9th February 2012
Gear maniac

Definitely+1 to a group buy.
9th February 2012
Old 9th February 2012
Gear interested

8Dio Adagio (new string library)

Another +1 for a group buy
9th February 2012
Old 9th February 2012
Lives for gear

Come on fellas, lets join force and hope 8dio will run a group BUY, we can all benefit this amazing library! Hopefully 8dio are reading us
10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Gear nut

Wow.....
10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Another plus one for group buy...
10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Gear Head

Why would they do a group buy considering they are already offering a great Pre-Order price? I mean if the product really worth 600 bucks, getting it for 400 is a great deal.

This library indeed sounds impressive. I was actually considering upgrading my LASS FC to FULL but now I am bothered with this Pre-Order price. What is the best next step to make? From what I understand LASS and Adagio are 2 very different instruments. But if I get it right, ADAGIO strength is merely just to be immediately playable with great results (with no MIDI CC tweaking required to make it expressive, where LASS is very powerful, not talking of the auto divisi)?

Hence my question: if I make the step getting ADAGIO now, and upgrade my LASS later, how will ADAGIO blend with LASS library in a track? Because they surely sound different.
10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Any idea how big this will be GB-wise?
10th February 2012
Old 10th February 2012
Gear nut

Group buy and I'm in for sure. Looking forward to hearing the Cellos too.
11th February 2012
Old 11th February 2012
Banned

Wow...that's impressive. I guess I'm in line to get my 444rd string library...
11th February 2012
Old 11th February 2012
Telling it like it is

It sounds fantastic overall. The only thing that stuck out to me in a not-so-favorable way was in the video in post #3 (ET Adagio), the last few seconds of the video, from 2:14 on when he's doing the legato jumps down octave by octave, that little portamento slide sounded a little gimmicky for some reason.

Otherwise I was impressed as well.

Regards,
Frank

www.frankperri.com

Never listen to opinions regarding gear. For every 50 nobodies on Gearslutz that say a piece of gear doesn't sound good enough to cut it, I know at least one somebody who is cutting it in NYC with that piece of gear.

Remember kids, Gearslutz is for entertainment purposes only.
12th February 2012
Old 12th February 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTS View Post

Hence my question: if I make the step getting ADAGIO now, and upgrade my LASS later, how will ADAGIO blend with LASS library in a track? Because they surely sound different.
I am considering these to add to my full LASS ...just because they will fit perfectly with the rest of the LASS sections, and have a sweeter and more airy sound...that might be what the LASS violins sometimes lack.

Changing the violins will make the whole orchestra sound very different...so depending on what you might be working on at any given time, this will just expand the palette.

I'm using Orchestraltools string runs with LASS...and that works fine.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

I didn't know of Orchestra Tools. Just checked it out. Sounds like a very beneficial tool. I also saw they have a Symphonic Sphere (every one seems turning to Sphere now, lol). But from what I got of it, sounds more like a regular orchestral library (although covering more unusual articulations). But I'd guess this would be more of redundancy to what I already have (LASS, EWQLSO and I think soon Adagio) versus what I'd better need.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Sounds great! I want one! I wonder if it's complicated in use with all those different legato styles and all...

And in the videos they are only playng single note at the time, are some patches, those legato ones, only monophonic?

Kalli
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Come on fellas, lets join force and hope 8dio will run a group BUY, we can all benefit this amazing library! Hopefully 8dio are reading us

+ 1 for the group buy
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear addict

If someone wants to organise it I'd be into a group buy too but, given the introductory price already, I'd imagine we'd need 100 takers for it to make sense for this company.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Banned

I'm game
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinmusic View Post
If someone wants to organise it I'd be into a group buy too but, given the introductory price already, I'd imagine we'd need 100 takers for it to make sense for this company.
I'm pretty sure we can get more then folks to join the group buy! I don't know how to organize these group buy but I'm down for it and count me in!
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
I believe it's against Gearslut rules to do group buys, even if 8Dio would be down which they wouldn't probably since the price is already discounted.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I believe it's against Gearslut rules to do group buys, even if 8Dio would be down which they wouldn't probably since the price is already discounted.
As far as I know it's not against the rules. There is a group buy sub forum even.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Animus
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejoe View Post
As far as I know it's not against the rules. There is a group buy sub forum even.
I believe only in that forum and it has to be pre-approved. I got a 0 point infraction one time for mentioning a group buy.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear Head

+1 for group buy
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear nut

+1 count me in!
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I believe only in that forum and it has to be pre-approved. I got a 0 point infraction one time for mentioning a group buy.
Fair enough. Didn't realise that.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Very impressive, I'd love to get it, wonder when it's coming out.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz03 View Post
Very impressive, I'd love to get it, wonder when it's coming out.
I think it is due out any day in Feb. but no specified day yet.

You can pre-order and save $200. off the retail price, which kicks in once it is officially released.

I pre-ordered, since waiting would be risking paying the higher retail price.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Something to keep in mind here is that these are violins only. So it's only a piece of the puzzle... albeit a really nice sounding piece. So the $399 special pricing is not necessarily amazing when compared to similar products.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search