New linear-phase EQ - SplineEQ
Old 27th January 2012
  #61
Gear addict
 
laboso's Avatar
 

If you can come up with a rtas code/design you'll be a rich man my friend!
Seriously spoken...

I'm amazed how fast you can achieve the sound your after and how clean this thing sounds!
Old 27th January 2012
  #62
Gear addict
 
laboso's Avatar
 

You could add a button to change the type of each band from bell to hi- and low-shelf, it would make the whole thing clearly laid out...
Old 27th January 2012
  #63
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboso View Post
You could add a button to change the type of each band from bell to hi- and low-shelf, it would make the whole thing clearly laid out...
I think that would defeat the purpose of this eq, or at least go against the philosophy of intuitive freq control. bells and shelves are shapes from an analog era, there is definitely no need for predefined curves anymore when you can just plot in your own shapes intuitively.

the amount of controls right now is almost perfect, just a bit more (m/s, a range control, choice of spectrum analyzer) and it'll be perfect!

i think having too many controls is time-consuming to glance at each one and decide if that's the control i need. (at least somewhere in my head is looking at each one)
Old 27th January 2012
  #64
Gear nut
 
A_SN's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwinte View Post
hello ! I was thinking, you should implement a control that flips the input and output areas on the colour analyzer, so that you can view the output underneath the curve instead of above.

I, for one, would find that more natural than having the output above the eq curve...is this hard to do? i'm sure you've heard this one before as well, but I would also like to be able to zoom in the y-axis to decrease my mouse's sensitivity when navigating the graph, relative to the large range available now if that makes sense. Just so you know, I like the square gui very much, though I wouldn't care if it were to be a rectangle for greater x-axis resolution. I currently type in frequencies on your knobs instead, or I watch the reading next to the big 'SplineEQ'.

Oh yea, bringing that up, I would also like it if you could make the numbers on your knobs more readable - they're a bit small, or perhaps it's that glow-in-the-dark colouring :D

also, if I am running PC, will the purchase from mupromo.com give me a license for both pc and mac use? or do they just own a paid-for mac dll? ...
The first point is a matter of preference and habit I guess, I wouldn't make a control just for that.

Yes, a zooming function is in my plans. I'll try to fix the knob numbers. And yes the promo is both Mac and PC, you get the same thing as you normally do.

And like I said on the KVR thread I have an analyzer curve feature in the works. Also M-S and zoom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboso View Post
You could add a button to change the type of each band from bell to hi- and low-shelf, it would make the whole thing clearly laid out...
No, there are no filter types, that's the entire point of it being spline based. It's all just a spline curve. I know it's a different concept, it has its advantages.
Old 27th January 2012
  #65
Gear addict
 
laboso's Avatar
 

Don't get me wrong... I mean a complete different thing:

There are four editable bands right now and if you double click each it will appear or dissapear but the first bands to dissapear are always the bell typish ones in the middle and after that the shelf typish ones in the lows and highs... This can get a bit confusing if I want to use a single band in bell type and want no other bands in the window...
Old 27th January 2012
  #66
Gear nut
 
A_SN's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboso View Post
Don't get me wrong... I mean a complete different thing:

There are four editable bands right now and if you double click each it will appear or dissapear but the first bands to dissapear are always the bell typish ones in the middle and after that the shelf typish ones in the lows and highs... This can get a bit confusing if I want to use a single band in bell type and want no other bands in the window...
I know, you can't have that. You need 3 points to make a bell. Two low and one high in the middle. That's where the 60 bands of the full version come in handy
Old 27th January 2012
  #67
Gear nut
 
Machine Head's Avatar
 

Hi A SN,

Sounds very, very good . Bought. One of my faves now!

Cheers!
Old 27th January 2012
  #68
DSK
Lives for gear
 
DSK's Avatar
I can't believe the quality of this eq!!!

Absolutely stunned. I was so impressed by the design and sound.


One of the best eq's I ever used!

IMO it's amazing it has such a nice price.

Hope to see more stuff after this eq.

Photosounder is also a interesting spectral tool!
Old 28th January 2012
  #69
Gear interested
 

Hi A_SN

Tested your plugin, and i REALLY like the sound. There is couple isseus tho. First, it steal space button shortcut in FL Studio and studio one. In FL studio, I can hit the "don't allow keyboard shorcut" on plugin wrapper settings, but if I do that, I will lose mousewheel support. In studio one, it just steal it, there is no way to fix it. You need to fix it on your code and so on..

Second, when you grap those blue and red balls, near by bands, are they accelerated or something. If you make one faster movement, it raise straight to +100db and you blow your ears, like i did FFS! PLEASE make it smoother, or not possible to raise that much.

Third, would be nice to control those bands via mouse.

Otherwise, it is very good plugin. Sounds really good and cpu-usage is good.

Edit: I ****ing blow my ears again!!! Do something about that shit, I mean, really, do something. I do not want to become deaf because of someone's plugin!!!!!

Last edited by Mhak; 28th January 2012 at 02:39 AM.. Reason: added stuff
Old 28th January 2012
  #70
Gear maniac
 

i agree, a smoother or less sensitive response on the slope control/band movement would be nice. I love the plug, but I would like to be able to do music for my entire life, not just this year xD

perhaps you can implement a shift-click for faster movement instead? for example if i wanna cut something to -inf i'll shift-click and move the band, and if i want a drastic curve change i would need to shift-click for that to happen. but for ordinary dragging of bands it should be more difficult to get the yellow dot or slope of the curve all the way up to +60.

just a suggestion...because even with the limiter its very loud, i don't think my hearing will survive. If I take my monitors down, then I can't hear the material when no boost has been applied in your plug, since the range is so high. But if i bring them up, then the plug can blast my ears out..

EDIT : Just had another play around. The yellow dots are actually fine as they are, and I figured out a (slightly tedious) way to lessen the slope sensitivity. By clicking and dragging your mouse further away from the dot in the same direction as the dot's line coming out of the yellow dot, you won't change the slope value, but you will decrease sensitivity.
Old 28th January 2012
  #71
Gear nut
 
A_SN's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
Hi A_SN

Tested your plugin, and i REALLY like the sound. There is couple isseus tho. First, it steal space button shortcut in FL Studio and studio one. In FL studio, I can hit the "don't allow keyboard shorcut" on plugin wrapper settings, but if I do that, I will lose mousewheel support. In studio one, it just steal it, there is no way to fix it. You need to fix it on your code and so on..

Second, when you grap those blue and red balls, near by bands, are they accelerated or something. If you make one faster movement, it raise straight to +100db and you blow your ears, like i did FFS! PLEASE make it smoother, or not possible to raise that much.

Third, would be nice to control those bands via mouse.

Otherwise, it is very good plugin. Sounds really good and cpu-usage is good.

Edit: I ****ing blow my ears again!!! Do something about that shit, I mean, really, do something. I do not want to become deaf because of someone's plugin!!!!!
I don't do anything about keyboard code.

The handles are angular, as in, they point toward the cursor. Keep that in mind so you won't bring the cursor too close to the yellow dot. Maybe it would be less confusing/troublesome for you if it wasn't angular but rather if the dot was vertically at the same level as the mouse cursor? I'm considering free sized handles anyway so the red/blue dot would be where the mouse cursor is.

Third, I don't know what you mean.

And you should use the limiter if you're doing funny things with the levels . But I am consider adding a different kind of limit to the maximum gain you can have. That should do the trick.
Old 28th January 2012
  #72
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SN View Post
I don't do anything about keyboard code.

The handles are angular, as in, they point toward the cursor. Keep that in mind so you won't bring the cursor too close to the yellow dot. Maybe it would be less confusing/troublesome for you if it wasn't angular but rather if the dot was vertically at the same level as the mouse cursor? I'm considering free sized handles anyway so the red/blue dot would be where the mouse cursor is.

Third, I don't know what you mean.

And you should use the limiter if you're doing funny things with the levels . But I am consider adding a different kind of limit to the maximum gain you can have. That should do the trick.

Works great as soon as you get used to it IMO, can't wait to try the V2 though!
A.
Old 28th January 2012
  #73
Gear interested
 

Uhm, you have no idea how ****ing annoying it is, when plugin steal your space button. It kill your workflow, literally. I have already manage to couple company fix they plugins, lastly fabfilter. I tell them two times, that it steal your space and break your workflow. They fix their plugins, and I was happily to support they, as they listened me as a customer.

You wonder in kvr why your plugin doesn't sell, well I don't wonder anymore. It is your attitude. You don't want fix your plugin, fair enough = no buy. Your lost. No ones else. There is already better plugins and especially, better companys, who listen the customers. Bye bye.
Old 28th January 2012
  #74
DSK
Lives for gear
 
DSK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
Uhm, you have no idea how ****ing annoying it is, when plugin steal your space button. It kill your workflow, literally. I have already manage to couple company fix they plugins, lastly fabfilter. I tell them two times, that it steal your space and break your workflow. They fix their plugins, and I was happily to support they, as they listened me as a customer.

You wonder in kvr why your plugin doesn't sell, well I don't wonder anymore. It is your attitude. You don't want fix your plugin, fair enough = no buy. Your lost. No ones else. There is already better plugins and especially, better companys, who listen the customers. Bye bye.
While I understand your point you should really look at your attitude before criticizing someone elses.

As for this plugin, I bought it, used it and I haven't managed to blow my ears or have my workflow killed.

Here it just works.
Old 28th January 2012
  #75
Gear nut
 
A_SN's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post

Works great as soon as you get used to it IMO, can't wait to try the V2 though!
A.
I think it's still a problem. I think I'll fix it by having it work the way it already does when the mouse is far away from the band but have it be strictly vertical when close. this way unless of a very fast mouse movement you won't have any accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
Uhm, you have no idea how ****ing annoying it is, when plugin steal your space button. It kill your workflow, literally. I have already manage to couple company fix they plugins, lastly fabfilter. I tell them two times, that it steal your space and break your workflow. They fix their plugins, and I was happily to support they, as they listened me as a customer.

You wonder in kvr why your plugin doesn't sell, well I don't wonder anymore. It is your attitude. You don't want fix your plugin, fair enough = no buy. Your lost. No ones else. There is already better plugins and especially, better companys, who listen the customers. Bye bye.
lol, someone's mad. Maybe I should explain better what I meant by "I don't do anything about keyboard code" as it sounds like you assumed it was broken English for "I'm not going to do anything to fix the keyboard code". I don't control anything related to the keyboard, that's what it means. The framework does it, and I don't know what it does. But I'll ask the guys who made the framework about it.
Old 30th January 2012
  #76
Gear nut
 
A_SN's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
I can hit the "don't allow keyboard shorcut" on plugin wrapper settings, but if I do that, I will lose mousewheel support.
Wait, why would you even need that?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I didn't even realise you could change the value of knobs with the mousewheel lol. I raised the issue here by the way http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...457#post893457 but it doesn't sound like something really fixable.
Old 30th January 2012
  #77
TNM
Lives for gear
 

I am definitely getting into this, the cpu usage on default setting is fantastic too.

i'll play with the freebie more to make sure, but it seems for makings deep low cuts this thing is great.

Good start to a plug in dev career
Old 30th January 2012
  #78
TNM
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar View Post
I would buy it right now if there was a Mac AAX version available. You're missing a large section of potential user base not developing for Pro Tools…

that's a bit unfair as this fella is brand new to the scene and a small one man indi dev from what i can tell.

The aax wrapper will be out soon and all problems solved.
Old 30th January 2012
  #79
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
that's a bit unfair as this fella is brand new to the scene and a small one man indi dev from what i can tell.

The aax wrapper will be out soon and all problems solved.
And the value for money is just unbeatable IMO
A.
Old 31st January 2012
  #80
DSK
Lives for gear
 
DSK's Avatar
For anyone wanting to get this you can even get it at 25% off from MacUpdate for the next 10 days:

MacUpdate Promo - SplineEQ 1.0.4 for $14.25 - 25% off


IMO seriously underpriced plug-in!

Although this allowed me to get it without any second thought .

I love to be able to support developers that make interesting stuff.
Old 31st January 2012
  #81
Gear maniac
 

Bought it. But no downloadlink. Hoping i Will get it soon..
Old 31st January 2012
  #82
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
For anyone wanting to get this you can even get it at 25% off from MacUpdate for the next 10 days:

MacUpdate Promo - SplineEQ 1.0.4 for $14.25 - 25% off


IMO seriously underpriced plug-in!

Although this allowed me to get it without any second thought .

I love to be able to support developers that make interesting stuff.
Does this mac-promo include the windows version..?

::
Mads
Old 31st January 2012
  #83
DSK
Lives for gear
 
DSK's Avatar
Yes Windows too.

Also there should be an email from MU with a download and a serial link.

Just click on the serial one. Both win Mac 32 64 are in one zip.

Check your spam folder also.
Old 31st January 2012
  #84
Gear nut
 
A_SN's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
Bought it. But no downloadlink. Hoping i Will get it soon..
Here's why you didn't get it:

Quote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

<youremailaddress edited for obvious reasons>@comhem.se

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 <*********@comhem.se> Mailbox disk quota exceeded (state 14).
I'll PM you the link, but you should really fix that.
Old 31st January 2012
  #85
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SN View Post
Here's why you didn't get it:



I'll PM you the link, but you should really fix that.
Thank you very much.
Ill get right on it! Many thanks for the heads up and for an excelent EQ. This Will be a good addition to my toolbox.
Cheers
Old 31st January 2012
  #86
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Yes Windows too.

Also there should be an email from MU with a download and a serial link.

Just click on the serial one. Both win Mac 32 64 are in one zip.

Check your spam folder also.
Thanks for info!

::
Mads
Old 1st February 2012
  #87
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Just purchased - and got it - via the link on my receipt.
Do I have to register to get updates, and if so how?
Testing in Wavelab, everything runs smooth so far

::
Mads
Old 2nd February 2012
  #88
Gear addict
 
ooohhh2's Avatar
 

Gotta bump this one. Update 1.0.4 was very nice i had to buy this thing. It's one of the best EQs I've ever heard. I really like the spectrum analyzer, it's unique yet very effective, it makes work much easier.
I just have one question, what is exactly the function of delay, i don't really get it. Does it affect the cpu use? Zero delay should use more cpu i suppose? I can't see any difference. Could you please make the default of it to zero, as i find myself to do it everytime i pull SplineEq.
Btw, funny to see many people including me rushing to get the plugin as soon as the price is reduced for a bit more than a dollar!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz.com
Old 2nd February 2012
  #89
TNM
Lives for gear
 

in this one the more delay is used, the higher the cpu, to answer oooooh
Old 2nd February 2012
  #90
Gear addict
 
ooohhh2's Avatar
 

What's the latency then good for? Did i miss something?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Delta Heavy / Product Alerts older than 2 months
4
StudioKing / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
manthe / The Moan Zone
41
Dovy / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
tonyespinoza / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.