12 Gauge Microphones - GREEN12
Old 16th July 2011
Gear Head

Hardware 12 Gauge Microphones - GREEN12

Hey Folks! I just wanted to give everyone a little update about my microphones!

The Red12 Omni mic is still available. I've gotten really great feedback from everyone who has purchased one!

The anticipated Green12 is completed. Photo are on my site now, sound clips will be posted early next week, and they'll be available for purchase the week of the 25th.

The best way to keep up to date with all 12 gauge microphone news would be our facebook page!

Thanks again!
Brad Martin
Old 16th July 2011
Gear Head

Wow! that´s great news
The Red12 was amazing!

The green12 look really nice on your homepage.
How much will they cost?

Keep up the good work
/G
Old 16th July 2011
ill have to grab at least one just for the novelty of it. very cool!!!!
Old 16th July 2011
Lives for gear

Price??????

CC on standby
Old 16th July 2011
Gear Head

Hardware

I've still gotta crunch the numbers, but they won't be much more than the Red12s. The extra cost can be attributed to the shells, since they now require a LOT of machining, but you'll still be able to get a pair for under $100USD for sure!
Old 17th July 2011
Lives for gear

Hey Brad,
d'you ship to EU?
Old 17th July 2011
Gear Head

Worldwide my friend!
Old 17th July 2011
Lives for gear

Awesome, i'll hit you up when the Green is available
cheers!

David
Old 17th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley802 View Post
I've still gotta crunch the numbers, but they won't be much more than the Red12s. The extra cost can be attributed to the shells, since they now require a LOT of machining, but you'll still be able to get a pair for under $100USD for sure!

If this is the case, consider a pair sold.
Old 19th July 2011
The new mics look so cool! Can't wait to hear them!
Old 19th July 2011
I finally put the red as room mics on a drum. Interesting & awesome. Will review it full lenght soon.

Thanks for the great mic Brad

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 19th July 2011
Gear Head

So are the red's going to be discontinued?
Old 19th July 2011
Lives for gear

Old 20th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Dimension Pr View Post
So are the red's going to be discontinued?

No, those look like they will still be made. It makes sense because they are a different product (omni vs cardioid).
Old 20th July 2011
Gear Head

Hey guys,

The Red12s will still be available for the foreseeable future.

I've gotten a lot of worried comments about shipping these oversees, since they're built into a shotgun shell. Truth is, I've sent roughly 300 packages all over the world and only had 3 or 4 of them evaporate never to be seen again, which I don't think had anything to do with security reasons. The folks at the post office don't think they'll be cause for any alarm, and I haven't had any armed men in suits show up at my door yet, so rest assured they wont be closing down any airports!
Old 20th July 2011
Lives for gear

Are these unbalanced like the red ones? Actually never had a problem with long cable runs just wondering.
Old 20th July 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
Are these unbalanced like the red ones? Actually never had a problem with long cable runs just wondering.
They are indeed still unbalanced, I never had any trouble, nor have I heard anyone else mention they've had trouble with it, so I left it alone!
Old 20th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
They are indeed still unbalanced, I never had any trouble, nor have I heard anyone else mention they've had trouble with it, so I left it alone!
Cool, thanks.
Just a suggestion or opinion, I would like to see these kind of specs on your web page as it doesn't really tell anything about the mics. I don't even think it mentions anything about phantom power, which goes without saying, but still. I think this kind of info is necessary when reading about a microphone/gear.
Just me couple of pennies.
Good luck with the greens, I'll definitely be trying them out.
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Head

Hey guys!
The audio sample for the Green12 is on my site.

I used 2 green12s: one at the 12th fret, one at the bridge about 4-6 inches away, into a Digimax LT, 002 via ADAT, into PT 7.4. There's no processing.

The guitar is the same $100 '72 Harmony as the Red12 sample, and I played the same little melody for comparison. I was using a red jazz3 pick, if anyone cares haha...

Thanks for listening!
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

Just listened to the sample on the site, man they sound nice (and they look badass!) Count me in for these!

Quick question: i remember seeing (i think was a review on the web)
some sort of stereo mounting bar for these, what that diy or is up for sale somewhere?
Thanks!

(PS: paypal accepted?)
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear Head

Hey thanks Retinal,

You can get stereo bars from tons of different companies, the one in that photo happens to be from a company called sabra-som. They're kind of cool in an "erector-set" kinda way. I have a shockmount by them too which can exchange parts with the stereo bar.

Also, in case people are curious about ordering from my site. You'll fill out the order form and I'll send you a paypal money request. I'll typically mail out your mics within 24 hours of payment. Also, I have some on eBay if you prefer.
Old 23rd July 2011
Lives for gear

The green 12 sounds great from the sample on the site. I'm enjoying my red, very useful as a drum room mic and as an addition to pretty much anything to get that extra sound i might be looking for. I'll have to get a pair of these soon.
Old 26th July 2011
Gear addict

Guess I was the first guy at the starting gun . I ordered mine yesterday and he said I was the first and I was getting the first one made for sale. Pretty cool! So, they are now available!!!!!
Old 26th July 2011
Gear maniac

Has anyone tried either the red or green on toms?
Old 26th July 2011
Gear Head

Just place an order for a pair
Old 31st July 2011
Gear interested

I'm considering getting a pair of these for drum overheads; I'd love to hear anybody's experiences with them.
Old 1st August 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey Folks! I just wanted to give everyone a little update about my microphones!

The Red12 Omni mic is still available. I've gotten really great feedback from everyone who has purchased one!

The anticipated Green12 is completed. Photo are on my site now, sound clips will be posted early next week, and they'll be available for purchase the week of the 25th.

The best way to keep up to date with all 12 gauge microphone news would be our facebook page!

Thanks again!
Brad Martin
Hello..Good stuff..Congrats..! Ahh..The Green 12 brings back memories when I used to hunt Rabbit with the 12 gauge Remington #6 shells...
Old 1st August 2011
Gear Head

Got my pair today, really fast shipping.
They look great!!!

Havn´t tried them yet, but I´m really looking forward to it!
Many thanks
Old 24th August 2011
Lives for gear

Can those mic handle high SPL? Can they be used on snare or toms for example?
Are they only good for the money or are they still useful if you have better high end mics?

thanks
Old 24th August 2011
Gear maniac

I haven't tried them directly as a snare or tom mic, but I will soon. I get the impression that they may not handle SPL, but we'll see, I've liked mixing in the red 12 with just about everything I've tried with it. So far I've really liked adding it in on bass with a D6. I was close micing an ampeg 8x10 cab, and the red12 added something to it that I don't think any other mic I have can do. The red 12 by itself could have worked ok, but I like more low end which was provided by the D6. I don't know how to describe what the red 12 was doing, sort of like adding certain dirty mids and mid-highs, which for rock bass was great. The D6 I believe is scooped out pretty hard on the mids, so it was almost like adding the right amount of mids with the red12 fader.

So for me, even just for what it's doing on bass, it is well worth the $$.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search