Login / Register

Sknote presents STRIPBUS
New Reply
Subscribe
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Also it shouldn't add latency when oversample is disabled.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Gear nut

Quinto, can't wait for Bus v2! Do you have an idea when it's done? :D
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Gear maniac

It doesn't add latency when I choose "normal", but it does when I choose for example "HiQ on export".
I'm not quite sure if this is correct behavior or not.
While Cytomic's "The Glue" also adds latency when choosing an "oversample on export" setting, Slate's VCC does not.
Though I really don't mind if I can set it with one click

Cheers,
Doc
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gunjah View Post
It doesn't add latency when I choose "normal", but it does when I choose for example "HiQ on export".
I'm not quite sure if this is correct behavior or not.
While Cytomic's "The Glue" also adds latency when choosing an "oversample on export" setting, Slate's VCC does not.
Though I really don't mind if I can set it with one click

Cheers,
Doc
It shouldn't add any latency in on export mode, good tip, checking. The new button remains
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Quinto, can't wait for Bus v2! Do you have an idea when it's done? :D
Sometimes you get some general improvements while about to close a product. We couldn't let Bus go without including some new things. That's why it is late.
It should be fast now, you'll appreciate one less intermediate update but a better "thing"
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
It shouldn't add any latency in on export mode, good tip, checking. The new button remains
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Gear interested

Console D issues in Logic?

Any word yet Quinto on whether the drop in low end/increase in highs that some of us have mentioned for the D Console is unique to Logic or are others reporting it on other DAWS?

Also, on my wish list for future versions:

Bus: Would love to see readouts of values like the ratio, output level in dB's etc, and if possible also be able to click and type values in.

Strip: You've said that you'll be addressing most of the ones brought up already like console linking etc. I would also like to see the actual frequencies being affected when using the Low and Hi as low/hi pass etc instead of just the 0-100 values, i.e. 20Hz, 250Hz, 10kHz etc.

A slightly greater range on the mid knob would also be nice, such as down to 250 or 500Hz. I noticed for example one of the consoles (C maybe?) seems to actually boost a little around 160-200 Hz. It would be nice to be able to cut that back on certain instruments where those frequencies then become too prominent. Same thing where it happens in reverse on some consoles like A which seems to drop a bit around 250-300 Hz or so.

And I think someone mentioned selectable frequencies on the low end so one is not increasing/decreasing low end across the same spectrum on every channel. At least a couple of common ones so that if you want to boost both the kick and the bass a bit for example, you are not boosting the same frequencies on both but have a slight variation. And of course I realize that it's not a sculpting EQ, but it would be a nice thing to have just that extra bit of flexibility. I find myself not needing to use as much EQ when I mix with Strip, so I think those extra additions could mean having to insert even fewer instances of other EQ plugs.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgmusic View Post

A slightly greater range on the mid knob would also be nice, such as down to 250 or 500Hz. I noticed for example one of the consoles (C maybe?) seems to actually boost a little around 160-200 Hz. It would be nice to be able to cut that back on certain instruments where those frequencies then become too prominent. Same thing where it happens in reverse on some consoles like A which seems to drop a bit around 250-300 Hz or so.
That's what real analog consoles do! It is color! It is circuit modeling......

"There is no crying in baseball, there are no rules in recording!!!"
www.myspace.com/beyeraudio

Michael Beyer
8th March 2012
Old 8th March 2012
Lives for gear

quinto or somebody please here is another request for presets that work and/or offered in txt format for every system since SKnote don't have internal preset format.
8th March 2012
Old 8th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
quinto or somebody please here is another request for presets that work and/or offered in txt format for every system since SKnote don't have internal preset format.
+1

Still hoping someone will help with this.

PS I created AU preset versions of the GTS-39 presets (.aupreset format for Logic) from the text versions that someone kindly provided if anyone is interested.
8th March 2012
Old 8th March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
That's what real analog consoles do! It is color! It is circuit modeling......
Yes, I agree; that coloration is indeed what I like about stripbus. But it's also the reason I'd like to see that increased range in the mid knob because I'd like to have the ability to make slight adjustments to certain instruments that might be impacted more by said coloration without necessarily having to bring in another EQ or change console models. It's not a big deal for me and may not be a practical change for Quinto and his team to make, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask for it, right? By the way, your excellent mix of that song "Grue" that you posted on another forum was a contributing factor in my purchase of the GTS-39. I do indeed like it on bass. :-)
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

I was wondering, is Bus v2 getting sidechain functionality? I seem to recall it being mentioned a while back.
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I agree; that coloration is indeed what I like about stripbus. But it's also the reason I'd like to see that increased range in the mid knob because I'd like to have the ability to make slight adjustments to certain instruments that might be impacted more by said coloration without necessarily having to bring in another EQ or change console models. It's not a big deal for me and may not be a practical change for Quinto and his team to make, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask for it, right? By the way, your excellent mix of that song "Grue" that you posted on another forum was a contributing factor in my purchase of the GTS-39. I do indeed like it on bass. :-)
Thank you sir. Can you maybe get what you want with Strip's onboard EQ? I find it really useful to do final track shaping. I just did a quick retouch of Grue with the strips in Stripbus. The strips are really cool. Let me know if you want a listen. Cheers
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Jimmy View Post
I was wondering, is Bus v2 getting sidechain functionality? I seem to recall it being mentioned a while back.
Yes
9th March 2012
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes
Brilliant
14th March 2012
Old 14th March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Any word yet Quinto on whether the drop in low end/increase in highs that some of us have mentioned for the D Console is unique to Logic or are others reporting it on other DAWS?
Curious to know myself.
14th March 2012
Old 14th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunster View Post
Curious to know myself.
Looks like the same EQ curve to me in other DAWs.
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
Gear Head

Just become a stripbus user. Really enjoying it.

Another excellent plug in from Quinto! How does he find the time to develop these and answer all our questions? :-)

I've noticed the Console D low / high thing in Cubase on the PC. Didn't particularly think it was a fault , more just the sound of that particular console....

Quick question about latency reporting to the host with time aligned crosstalk. Do you have to turn every instance of the plug off and on again or just one?
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, we have to. It was such an experimental concept it was released as is.
We need a better management system when it's tested through some real use.
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
Gear Head

Thanks Quinto. It's such a great feature!
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

Glad you like it.
Collecting some feedback about these interacting modes. A full console emulation concept is interesting, I'm trying to understand how these interactions are meaningful in a mix (not just simple saturation and harmonics).
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Gear nut

Just out of interest, not necessarily concerning Bus, is it possible to add control of a release curve to a compressor?

The way i see it this gives the user a much better control of the bounce/groove/pull of the bus compression. It's strange that i never see this functionality in a compressor. (Ofcourse i would like to see that in Bus2, but not asking for it. )
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Just out of interest, not necessarily concerning Bus, is it possible to add control of a release curve to a compressor?

The way i see it this gives the user a much better control of the bounce/groove/pull of the bus compression. It's strange that i never see this functionality in a compressor. (Ofcourse i would like to see that in Bus2, but not asking for it. )
You mean a curve for attack and a curve for release, right?

That's attractive, but I'm not sure if anybody uses such a solution.

I did some tests. The idea was to manage peak's shape by shaping its raise in a way and its fall in another way. In theory it can work, even though there can be jumps from a curve to the other one. You can smooth (in time) the passage, but you loose the sharpness (everything must happen within 30msec if we are thinking about attacks and snap).
I didn't go on because I got great results with completely different principles (you are going to see it in "Grasso" and you can listen to its sound in the samples I uploaded in Grasso thread here on GS).

There is another aspect of this: I find myself abandoning too technical plugins (when mixing). The functions which are not directly related to the sound are really fatiguing. So, probably it would more suitable to get a special behavior by such a double curve (if any good result) and hide it to the user.
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
You mean a curve for attack and a curve for release, right?

That's attractive, but I'm not sure if anybody uses such a solution.
Yes, mainly a curve for the release. The attack curve is set by Knee anyway right? If there is no Knee setting then yes i would like that. Though my feeling is much defining character lies in the release stage.

I believe users would appreciate such a functionality.

If you work with (bus)compressors enough, you know what a specific bounce/pull character can mean.

Quote:
I did some tests. The idea was to manage peak's shape by shaping its raise in a way and its fall in another way. In theory it can work, even though there can be jumps from a curve to the other one. You can smooth (in time) the passage, but you loose the sharpness (everything must happen within 30msec if we are thinking about attacks and snap).
I didn't go on because I got great results with completely different principles (you are going to see it in "Grasso" and you can listen to its sound in the samples I uploaded in Grasso thread here on GS).

There is another aspect of this: I find myself abandoning too technical plugins (when mixing). The functions which are not directly related to the sound are really fatiguing. So, probably it would more suitable to get a special behavior by such a double curve (if any good result) and hide it to the user.
Interesting. Looking forward to checking Grasso out for sure!

I hear you on technical, though a compressor with 2 extra curve settings isn't that much extra to do for a user! :P
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Gear addict

No news?
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

My Studio

Quinto, I just purchased the GTS compressor/limiter a few hours ago.

I'd like to use it in a session

I have also emailed you!!!

PrimatCity TV interviews....

with Chali 2na
P.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie3to1r5scI
P.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018G_agtqQA

with Pharoahe Monch
P.3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8F6MRiCuiY

Plus Spliff Star, Cunninlynguist, Smiff-n-Wessun and many more.... Check it out today!!!
26th March 2012
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

Sending it now...

We want to hear how you use this crazy toy!
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
Lives for gear

For some of you guys i think that Voxengo Marquis have release curve which can be adjusted. And maybe imageline Maximus..

Anyway i am VERY excited and wait to finally receive Bus v2
10th April 2012
Old 10th April 2012
Gear maniac

Any news on updates?
10th April 2012
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

A preview in a few days.
Going to release Bus v.2 now and the first RTAS/AAX (GTS)
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search