Login / Register

Sonimus Satson (Console emulation)
Closed
Subscribe
pylorca
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear addict

Software Sonimus Satson (Console emulation)

Satson is a Plugin designed to emulate the workflow of the consoles on your computer and get better and fastest mixes.
It has a VU meter carefully modelled and calibrated, high quality high-pass and low-pass filters and analog console like saturation (includes stereo crosstalk).

Mix with satson is a pleasant experience:
  • You can get better mixes due the VU Meter that helps to level the tracks to get an ideal headroom (you can set the VU 0VU = -18 dBfs or 0VU = -14 dBfs) and you can use the GAIN control like a trim (NOTE: More GAIN more saturation).
  • You can take advantage of the high quality filters, these are sweet and pleasant to the ear.
  • The Saturation is based on two high-end analog consoles giving warmth and "glue" to the tracks and busses. I has two modes "FAT off" (subtle distortion, high dynamic range) and "FAT on" (more hot and less dynamic range).
  • Satson Buss has Stereo Crosstalk, this gives depth/3D feeling. (It can be desactivated if you want).

Other info:
  • The saturation can be disabled if you only want to use satson for trim and metering.
  • Also you can use satson as an aggressive effect to distort synths, virtual instrument, real instruments or what you want.
  • Satson Buss has a "LOUD" switch that adds more "air" on highs and punchy on lows.
  • Platforms: MacOsX AU/VST (32/64 bits); Windows 32bits and 64bits VST.
  • Satson is carefully optimized for a low CPU consumption.
  • 64-bit floating point double precision.
  • Zero latency.
  • NO Group delay.
  • No activation key/serial (Each buyer will get a personalized copy)

Price: $39
Release date: 6 May.

http://dsp.sonimus.com/
Windows 64 VST comming soon... And mac AU still in beta...

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Sonimus Satson (Console emulation)-ssatsonfront.jpg   Sonimus Satson (Console emulation)-ssatsonback.jpg  

Last edited by pylorca; 21st April 2011 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: added features
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Looking forward to trying this; if it's anything like SonEQ, it'll be a winner!
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Any console in particular?
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

looking forward to give it a spin
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Software

@pylorca

Daaaaaaaaaaamn it, Senor Pylorca, a mi me gusta what i'm seeing here in these screenshots and mostly description.

I'm sure it will be a great add-on. Looking forward for a nice ride

Thanx for amazing work!

Cheers!
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

This should be good. Nice work
pylorca
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg09 View Post
Any console in particular?
yes, but I don't want to say since I've taken a part of a console and elsewhere I have take an other part of another console.
but yes, it is based on a high end console.
ska
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
ska
Gear nut

Software

Wauw, looking forward for this!!!! I wonder...are there plans for au 64 bit?
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Channel grouping? (A must)
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Why? Because VCC has it? Nope! Using a real console, you'll have to adjust every channel by itself.
I say NO to grouping! Why? Because it would be a factor that would could/would lead to problems...and maybe take 1 year until it works - like VCC..go figure.

16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Talio

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro View Post
Why? Because VCC has it? Nope! Using a real console, you'll have to adjust every channel by itself.
I say NO to grouping! Why? Because it would be a factor that would could/would lead to problems...and maybe take 1 year until it works - like VCC..go figure.
It looks like a very complex feature and apparently it may cause problems in different hosts but I consider it a step forward on mixing methodology and it may change/enhance the way to approach mixes if it fits your workflow. Possibilities like several instances per project of the same plug-in, presets saving, low costs and now grouping is what makes ITB mixing interesting, affordable and fun.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Sure, the sky is the limit but it's not a must and certainly not a purchase criteria. (I'm waiting for the "No, if not 64Bit" comments)
Things worked without such features over many years. I will always prefer a plugin that's rock solid and sounds good over a plugin with such a feature,
while it could cause trouble. And hey, I don't think it's such a big deal anyway. This plugin doesn't do 4 or more consoles, where you want to switch between
them and riding the gain knob individually seems like a thing I want to do, same thing as I want to individually set the threshold on individual compressors for each channel.

Ok, enough of this from my side. I apologize and hope the thread will be more about the sound, usability and fun

Good luck and a lot of success with this, Pylorca!
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Gear maniac

this looks very interesting. will there be a demo version or some kind of "money back" policy? audio demos are ok as a teaser but especially this type of plugin must IMO be tested on your own stuff to get an idea if it's useful for your mixes.

As for the grouping thing... maybe different groups are not that reasonable because it's only one algorithm(?).
though a global bypass for all instances could be handy to see what it does to your mix.
Especially if you have several plugins of this kind. some mixes might sound better with this, others with vcc... etc.

Cheers,
Doc
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Gear addict

great,

you can count me as a new customer...
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

global bypass I find very helpful...interesting...

I am so greedy I thought it might be free...but $39 is not much! The EQ saturation was good for a plugin also...thumbsup
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

No RTAS?
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
no rtas?

+1

G
pylorca
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Wauw, looking forward for this!!!! I wonder...are there plans for au 64 bit?
not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
no, it's not needed for this plugin because it has a single emulation. anyway, I don't know how this would benefit in satson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I am so greedy I thought it might be free...but $39 is not much! The EQ saturation was good for a plugin also...thumbsup
I have been working for several months on Satson. I have spent much time analyzing, programming, etc...
I think the price is reasonable..

Satson is 3 products in one:
  1. Metering and trim.
  2. High quality filters
  3. Saturation and crosstalk.

And you can also use satson channel for aggressive FX (switching ON "Auto out" and the GAIN controls will works like a DRIVE, with "Super GAIN" you can get more drive.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
No RTAS?
Not yet, if some day avid gives me access to their SDK then I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gunjah View Post
this looks very interesting. will there be a demo version or some kind of "money back" policy? audio demos are ok as a teaser but especially this type of plugin must IMO be tested on your own stuff to get an idea if it's useful for your mixes.
You're right. Maybe make a demo version but still not sure.

Cheers
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Looks interesting, a simpler yet elegan contender to vcc? Really think at that price its probably worth buying to do the comparison for fun!

when is it for sale... ?

"next week"?

Zz.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Talio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
when is it for sale... ?

"next week"?

Zz.
Date is in the OP.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gunjah View Post

As for the grouping thing... maybe different groups are not that reasonable because it's only one algorithm(?).
though a global bypass for all instances could be handy

Cheers,
Doc
agree, no real reason to the grouping with only one algo, altho' i do like that feature in the MM SATV, but the global bypass ala Heat it's def useful for this kind of plugins.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

global bypass really would be an excellent feature
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

My dorrough are stressing now , i have been waiting for those kinda meters only for that will try it ....cpu is my concern ....

really intelligent job ...hope it doesn't kill the sound as soon as you engage the fat ...

Please make sure we have some light on the meters (different colors will be cool) and +1 on the global bypass ...in sonar we have a button to disable all fx but i would love to make a mix and to bypass only those things to ,hear with and without ...

MySpace : http://www.myspace.com/zoakajeezo

YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ZozillaT...t?feature=mhee

Cutthroat to the bone !

"People became used to use money they do not have to buy things they do not need to impress others who do not care"
monad
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
monad

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlloyd View Post
global bypass really would be an excellent feature
+1000
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
My dorrough are stressing now , i have been waiting for those kinda meters only for that will try it ....cpu is my concern ....

really intelligent job ...hope it doesn't kill the sound as soon as you engage the fat ...

Please make sure we have some light on the meters (different colors will be cool) and +1 on the global bypass ...in sonar we have a button to disable all fx but i would love to make a mix and to bypass only those things to ,hear with and without ...
(Hope it's ok to Pylorca that I mention it!) I'm a beta on this and I can assure you the CPU is VERY easy!
What do you mean by "kill the sound"? That's a weird question. It's a console emulation and certainly does something (of course).
Is your sentence questioning the quality? If so, then it's insolent IMO.

My observations after using it +2 weeks:

It sounds incredibly good. It doesn't "kill" the sound but more what you'd expect it to do:
Add richness, a fatter bottom and punch. The output compensation works perfectly and if I want more drive, I turn it off.
The Gain adds a very, very pleasant saturation! Another highlight IMO are the filters:
These (esp. the LP filter) is BY FAR the smoothest son of a gun I ever heard!
It's so smooth that I always want to use it, just to hear the effect on what it does.

I don't have VCC to compare to but this thing does things to my mixes, that makes me feel like in ITB heaven.
Once again...the CPU is a joke for todays standards (like his incredible SonEQ)!

On my system (OSX 10.6.7) it's very stable. I haven't noticed a single thing that seemed buggy.

Since 2010 a new era has begun...an era of indipendent, great developers that absolutely know what they're
doing and delivering highest quality for prices that change everything (to me that is).
Sonimus, the Molot compressor and many others ARE game changers and slay many of the big brands in terms of quality...go figure.

Best of luck, Diego...you're a great guy thumbsup

A global bypass would/could be a useful function but I haven't missed it yet. If that would make things less stable or much more
CPU hungry, I'd easily say NO to it. But seems I'm in the minority, being happy for a GREAT SOUNDING and STABLE (while being low on CPU)
plugin, instead of constantly asking for "luxury features", "suggesting" things or passing on a product,
just because it's not 64Bit (which I read so often lately)....spoiled brats!
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

I cant wait for this to come out! The price is awsome i will definately buy if i get to hear it first.

But pylorca you are making me go insane caus i wanna know what console you are emulating

Michael Gomez
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Since 2010 a new era has begun...an era of indipendent, great developers that absolutely know what they're
doing and delivering highest quality for prices that change everything (to me that is).
Sonimus, the Molot compressor and many others ARE game changers and slay many of the big brands in terms of quality...go figure.

Completely.thumbsup
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone View Post
Completely.thumbsup
I also agree and add Sknote Quintosardo to that pile...
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

I was looking at the VCC and all the problems that seem to be associated with it, and even though I haven't discarded the idea of that plug in the future, I'm definitely going to buy the Satson. I've found it somewhat surprising that since getting the UAD-2 the native plugs that I still use come almost exclusively from independent developers namely, Sonimus, Sir Elliot, Molot and Bootsie. Great tools from cool people creating great stuff.
Thanx guys, you make our jobs so much easier
Genius is small pieces Daniel Lanois
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

+1
and I'd add Bootsy, gotta pay the dues to that guy as well, I've been using his plugin for a long time
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search