Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

When does the sale ends?
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
I would hope that no one has been flat out "ignored", but if you have, send your tickets to slate@stevenslate.com

If you invest in me, I owe you the best support I possibly can. So, that's gonna happen now.

Cheers,
Steven
Love the attitude !
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
Love the attitude !
Yeah, but what matters is the follow through. Let's see if things get fixed.
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Guys, I promise you, I'm here, I'm listening, and I am 100% committed to making things right for everyone. Cheers, Steven
Thanks for the positive response Steven.
The problem is the difference between what is promised and what subsequently transpires.

I've been trying to get the broken offline/online oversampling toggle fixed for over 7 months. Having to toggle it manually all the time really drives me nuts and it's easy to forget when I'm working fast. It also drives me nuts that the meters rarely function.

While your team has been kept very busy by everything Slate is doing, VCC seems to have been sidelined. Maybe new consoles are being worked on, but bugs arent being fixed. I suspect this is because Fabrice is overloaded. He recently delivered a bunch of fixes for FG-X - maybe he'll now get a chance to fix VCC.

You saying:
Quote:
I'm really unhappy with how support has been, and it's going to change. We have some new guys and they haven't quite been trained on how to give our customers the VIP service they deserve. But we're gonna fix that.
is almost a carbon copy of what you've said here before on multiple occasions, but as far as I can tell not much has actually improved. You seem to be very good at buying time via mea culpas issued after the fact....and this approach to dealing with existing customers probably propagates from you to your team members.

The issue isnt specific to your support team anyway - the problem is your development team. If the products arent fixed, an attentive support team is no help. They end up finding ways to delay tickets, make open-ended promises which never eventuate or make tickets disappear by closing them without delivering results.

Fix bugs in a timely manner and all will be well. VCC is a great product.

Thanks,

Sean
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi Sean. As you can imagine, it's very challenging to take on so many tasks with such a small team, but I can assure you we are trying. I am honestly not even aware of the bug you are referring to, but if you would please send me a ticket number so I can examine it and go over it with the dev team, it will certainly help.

My commitment and dedication is real... and like a fine wine, I hope to keep improving with time as I learn how to do my job better. Reading posts like yours is a great help, so I thank you for it.

Cheers,
Steven
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo View Post
Thanks for the positive response Steven.
The problem is the difference between what is promised and what subsequently transpires.

I've been trying to get the broken offline/online oversampling toggle fixed for over 7 months. Having to toggle it manually all the time really drives me nuts and it's easy to forget when I'm working fast. It also drives me nuts that the meters rarely function.

I remember reading that IK Multimedia were going to include offline rendering auto toggle in their ARC plugin but because some DAWs didn't detect it properly they dropped the idea. Perhaps it's your specific DAW that just doesn't do it properly?

I've had problems with some plug-ins, namely synth/sample VST instruments that have timing problems when rendered "fast". The only fix is to bounce the files in real time and then drop hem back into the DAW, in my case Reaper 4.
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Gear nut

Thanks Steve for the hard work.

I have owned the VCC for about 6 months now and it has certainly changed the way I enjoy music.

One thing that I feel is a must for VCC in the future is to run leaner.

I know Fabrice has VCC running as tight as he can, but I need more without compromising quality.

You need to be like Captain Kurt telling Scotty "I need more Power"

Sir can you confirm or deny that Fabrice is working on improvements for CPU usage in VCC?

Thanks
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012

We've done a lot of work and research on CPU taxing (without affecting the audio math) and I'm happy to report that I think we'll be able to offer less CPU consumption in a future update.

Cheers,
Steven
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Gear addict

When are we going to see the Flickinger console emulation?
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
We've done a lot of work and research on CPU taxing (without affecting the audio math) and I'm happy to report that I think we'll be able to offer less CPU consumption in a future update.

Cheers,
Steven
For VCC RC-Tube too?
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

How long does the VCC demo last?
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Banned

I'm still hoping for the Helios.
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
I'm still hoping for the Helios.
Absolutely!! That would be great
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear maniac

+1 for helios
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip888 View Post
Thanks Steve for the hard work.

I have owned the VCC for about 6 months now and it has certainly changed the way I enjoy music.

One thing that I feel is a must for VCC in the future is to run leaner.

I know Fabrice has VCC running as tight as he can, but I need more without compromising quality.

You need to be like Captain Kurt telling Scotty "I need more Power"

Sir can you confirm or deny that Fabrice is working on improvements for CPU usage in VCC?

Thanks
Why not upgrade your machine?
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

As one of the original purchasers I have been fortunate not to run into many issues that have not been fixed but............

weren't we originally promised 6 console emus?
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephent28 View Post
As one of the original purchasers I have been fortunate not to run into many issues that have not been fixed but............

weren't we originally promised 6 console emus?
lets count.....

1 - 4k SSL
2 - BritN Neve
3 - USA API
4 - Trident
5 - RC Tube RCA
6 - **in progress/Coming soon**

**If I recall correctly, a while back on another thread (or maybe this one) Steve mentioned Fabrice was already scoping out and measuring his Modified Neotek Desk. My guess its this desk is whats coming next.

His Neotek desk is not like any other (modified). From what I heard, this desk has an SSL like aggressiveness, with the warmth and roundness of a Neve.

It should be stellar...... no doubt. (IF this is the one thats coming next)
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

helios or emi and ill be real happy.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan k View Post
lets count.....

1 - 4k SSL
2 - BritN Neve
3 - USA API
4 - Trident
5 - RC Tube RCA
6 - **in progress/Coming soon**

**If I recall correctly, a while back on another thread (or maybe this one) Steve mentioned Fabrice was already scoping out and measuring his Modified Neotek Desk. My guess its this desk is whats coming next.

His Neotek desk is not like any other (modified). From what I heard, this desk has an SSL like aggressiveness, with the warmth and roundness of a Neve.

It should be stellar...... no doubt. (IF this is the one thats coming next)

It was definitely the "Neo" console. Console #6 coming...whenever. ;-) But hey I'm happy with the 5 we have now the Neo will be a big fat bonus.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by daez View Post
helios or emi and ill be real happy.
I think we all would. But if I had to choose I'd take the EMI for all that juicy Floyd color.

Some one should start a pole for the future selection. And then rig it for EMI.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012

I think once you guys find out what's in store for the VCC, you'll all be really really happy.

Cheers,
Steven
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear addict

And to think I have been thrilled for a long time now mixing records with VCC! :-)

Without any exaggeration or fluff, it has been a complete game changer for in-the-box mixes at home or in commercial facilities.

VCC ROCKS!

Quote:
I think once you guys find out what's in store for the VCC, you'll all be really really happy.

Cheers,
Steven
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0 View Post
Why not upgrade your machine?
What would you have me upgrade to? What machine would you suggest I get that would be better than the one I have? Please of insightful one, grace me with your knowledge and wisdom of the MACHINE UPGRADE. I wait for your in depth and mind blowing response.
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
Gear maniac

Hey Steven,

Is there a way to completely mute the noise floor in vcc?

In certain situations it's just pretty annoying :/

Cheers,
Doc
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip888 View Post
What would you have me upgrade to? What machine would you suggest I get that would be better than the one I have? Please of insightful one, grace me with your knowledge and wisdom of the MACHINE UPGRADE. I wait for your in depth and mind blowing response.
What computer are you running now?

We just upgraded ours to an Intel 3630k and Asus P9X79. 32 audio track sessions are great. VCC on every channel, normal amount of other plugs, Izotope Ozone 5 with IRC III on the master. Depending what else is going on in the session we can put VCC on 2x oversampling. Without oversampling CPU usage is between 20%-30% at a 1024 H/W Buffer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Gearslutz App
mfx
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

I upgraded a couple of years back to an i7 (Win). I don't get much problem with VCC, pretty low asio/cpu hit. It's FGX that really works the CPU for me.

But saying that I bounce all the tracks down to stems and then perform the mixdown in the DAW.

I think it's all down to your mindset and workflow.

To be honest I use a multitude of effects on group tracks including waves, ssd and others without too many issues. But I am a simple hobbiest and not tracking 100+ track sessions....thank god

Does VCC make use of multicore, something i am not sure about?
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would hope that no one has been flat out "ignored", but if you have, send your tickets to slate@stevenslate.com

If you invest in me, I owe you the best support I possibly can. So, that's gonna happen now.

Cheers,
Steven
I really hope so Steven because reading the posts from this threat below It seems like we "the customers" are a burden to your small company. I got onto the beta late 2010 where all products supported mac PPC but it was just to hard for you to get it up and running for the official release, now most are not making new products for PPC but I hope you will fulfill your promise to us original customers.

Quote:
Hey guys.. the current release supports all formats (mac vst, rtas, au) and wi vst. The only format not in the current release is win rtas.

Bets users can log in to the users area to download.. make sure to transfer your vcc license on to your new ilok first!

The demo is now up too.

64bit, ppc, and win rtas are expected in about 30 days.
Quote:

Hi David, we do plan on offering a PPC version on ilok 1, as well as a 64bit version for those who require that, but first we are tackling bugs in the current 32bit intel version. Also, please note that the PPC version will be offered but not supported past June 21st.

I'm sorry that you seem upset, and you can email me privately any time to discuss how I can further help you steven@stevenslate.com
Quote:
Ok, here's whats going on over on our side of the fence:

Our program team is right now 100% dedicated first to make a bug free 32bit version for Mac and Windows. As many can report who have tried some of the internal betas, we are close. And the good news is that for the most part, it seems 85% of people are running the 32bit plugins without hassle.

The next thing we will do once the 32bit versions are bug free, are wrap them in 64bit and get that going. During this time, we're hoping that we can work with PACE to successfully execute the WIN RTAS. I'll get an update on the WIN RTAS situation by today.

Last thing we will do is work on a release for PPC users that will work on the ilok1. Once we come out with this version, we will not support it past June 21st, but it will be there for people who need it. For a smaller programming team like ours, offering PPC versions is extremely time consuming and expensive for such a small market.. I hope this is understood.

If there are any other questions, let me know.
Quote:
Good question. First off, because I told my PPC users that I would have a version for them, and I don't plan on breaking that promise. Although we won't be supporting the PPC versions after June 21st, the version that we do release will work fine and sound great and hopefully offer enough time for the PPC users to work without forcing them to upgrade to a newer machine immediately.
Quote:
I can say that its all happening.. the two new consoles, the 64bit, the Win RTAS, the lower CPU.. and eventually Audiosuite and a version that will work on PPC.. We're working nonstop to get it all out there, I can assure you. Thanks for the support and patience. Please send mp3s that you used VCC on to: vccdemo@stevenslate.com
Quote:
For the PPC version, we will take the version from the 2.5 beta and upgrade all the algorithms to the final 1.x version algos. The newer oversampling options will not work with PPC fyi. So PPC users will have access to the same algos as the 1.x.

We will be working on this next week.
Quote:
Vtone, are you trying to use it in a 64bit daw?

We have had success with the 64bit version in beta but are awaiting more approval from PACE before we can do a final release.

Besides the 64bits, there is a minor CPU bug on 8 core macs with RTAS, but other than that we haven't seen any more issues reported. So if you are having issues that aren't related to 64bits or CPU in RTAS Mac 8 core.. send in a ticket.

PPC version will be available but please note:
- it will be the exact framework of the beta 2.5 version but will include all the newest console algos

- it will not be updated any further

Please understand that this will fulfill my promise that PPC users will be able to use the final algos of the VCC.. But we do not have enough resources to function as a company and still support that format any longer.
Quote:
I promised a VCC for PPC, and therefore PPC users have every right to be frustrated and I sincerely apologize to all of you. We are working hard to get all of these things going, and I will make sure that we don't lose focus on a working PPC version.

Best,
Steven
Quote:
The newest build has been our best reviewed by our beta team and I think it will finally be the rock solid update with lower CPU that I've been hoping for.

look for it soon.

David, we'll get a version of the 2.5 that you have for PPC with the most updated console emus very soon, thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Steven
Quote:

You have the right to be upset. But the issue is literally a lack of man power at the moment. To put someone on the PPC would mean taking them off something else so something else has to suffer.

However, we are expanding quire rapidly, have new guys joining the team, and the PPC is happening. All I can say for now is I appreciate you being so patient, and I promise this will happen and is on our list.

Cheers,
Steven
Quote:
David I realize you are frustrated because we still do not have a version of the VCC for older Mac PPCs, but I assure you it is being worked on by our programming team. Thanks for your support and patience,

Steven
Quote:
Hi David, I'm sorry you're upset. The latest on PPC is that we're having a ton of problems making the VCC work without problem on those older machines. But we're trying. Its hard to put all of our resources to it because we're a small bunch of people here with a lot going on. If your coupon didn't work, I guarantee my support team will help you make it work.

Cheers,
Steven
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gunjah View Post
Hey Steven,

Is there a way to completely mute the noise floor in vcc?

In certain situations it's just pretty annoying :/

Cheers,
Doc
Mate that's easy there's a hiss auto mute in the settings.
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdrummer44 View Post
Mate that's easy there's a hiss auto mute in the settings.
thanks for the tip, but I already knew this function
It doesn't work for me; don't know if this is a bug or just my different imagination of this function...
I just want to completely turn off the hiss.
With heavy compression and/or saturation it just gets too loud sometimes :/

Cheers,
Doc
21st April 2012
Old 21st April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
You guys are totally right. I'm really unhappy with how support has been, and it's going to change. We have some new guys and they haven't quite been trained on how to give our customers the VIP service they deserve. But we're gonna fix that.

As for the VCC bug, is this just 64bit Mac VST? If so I'm gonna have a meeting about it.

Guys, I promise you, I'm here, I'm listening, and I am 100% committed to making things right for everyone.

Cheers,
Steven
Just got back from vacation, so I missed this discussion. The VCC UI doesn't work on either Audition 5.5 or Audition 3.0 (Windows VST) - either it doesn't load completely and I have to dick about to get it visible, or the meters don't work, or both. Adobe got in touch with Slate and then Slate contacted me and acknowledged the problem. But nothing's been done about it except that the question I placed with Slate Support has been 'closed'.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search