And here is a teaser about the new one
Roundtone v.3 is going to cost 29.99$, but it is a free update for all users existing before the official release
Going to beta soon...
Here is the meaning of the new parameters:
- B exp is that "B type noise reduction expander". Used as a dynamic enhancer on the high frequencies. Its small metering bas shows the amount of expansion introduced
- Wow stands for wow and flutter. It has several modes (small menu)
- Mono to mono or stereo to stereo flanging can be achieved by mixing wowed signal and dry one (mix knob). Flange control is for left-right flanging. Very useful for widening effects
- Delay, well, is a feedback around the emulation. Tape delay through the set tape emulation
Several modes available through the small menu, it should cover all the main mixing and effects dues
- Noise. Finally the noise. With the option for dynamic mode (like in Strip). Dynamic noise is active only under a signal, it is silenced when the input level goes down. This is ti get its enhancing "dithering" effect without that trivial constant background hiss, so annoying if you put some compression after the tape.
The original modes are untouched (I love and use them everyday), some new modes are added, mainly with requested brighter sound.