Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Not especially since the profile is generated with the KPA test signals. If the user refined the profile, then the guitar would have an effect, although I don't know to what degree that ends up mattering. I suspect it is noticeable.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Gearslutz App
Yeah I don't get it. Isn't the profile being created based on what the Kemper "hears"...which is totally dependent on whether you are hitting a chord on a Strat or a LP, for instance?

Hmmmm.

TH
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

It sends 3 different test signals which determine the qualities of the amp. The guitar has nothing to do with that. When you refine the profile, the tonal qualities of the guitar do affect the resulting profile.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Gearslutz App
Old 27th February 2012
Yes, the guitar you use will have an impact on the final result, but more in terms of how close it gets to the original amp and how quickly than in making the profile sound like that guitar through that amp.

It's limiting down the frequency range and dynamics by the instrument and it's pickups basically, if you use a guitar with very loud/compressed pickups that are quite dark sounding then your profile may not sparkle as much as if you'd used e.g. a Telecaster nor have the accuracy to the original amp in the treble range and dynamics and transients, simply because you haven't given it that information. Conversely refining with a Tele may result in your profile being less accurate in the bass range. TBH the end result wouldn't be dramatically different, but playing with the other guitar against the original you may notice some discrepancies.

I find refining with a superstrat means you have a pretty wide range of tones (HB, SC, Piezo) so I don't get many surprises when I use a different guitar.
Old 27th February 2012
Gear Head

Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Yeah I don't get it. Isn't the profile being created based on what the Kemper "hears"...which is totally dependent on whether you are hitting a chord on a Strat or a LP, for instance?

Hmmmm.

TH
Tom, watch this video, it shows the profiling process in depth and you can hear the sounds that the KPA produces to profile the amp.

Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

I am sure the guitar used in refining will effect overal sound, but I made a profile with my Les Paul, and then plugged my strat into it and it sounds pretty much like it would if I plugged my strat back into my amp. So its not really all that different. More about how the amp is gonna be dialed in for each guitar rather then how the guitar will effect the process I am willing to bet..
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Yeah, that profile is great, my favorite of the user profiles yet.
Got Xits?
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Reminds me of Eddie on VH#1.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear Head

where can I find the list of amps that originally come with it?
Old 29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Guys I am running into a problem with my Kemper.........

There are Just TOOO MANY great sounds. I am not kidding. in the past with modellers I would find like 4 usable and great sounds and the rest were not really usable. I am running into the problem of having SO many great sounds, I probably have a 100-150 sounds in my kemper now that honestly would work for me in any given scenario. Its unreal. so many great options and new amps being put up daily. ITs like getting a new software update everyday. its insane. Was just playing through some patches, and there are times when it doesn't jump out, but the next day its like, oh yeah, that is friggen awesome. what a great piece of studio gear...
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energie View Post
Guys I am running into a problem with my Kemper.........
My heart bleeds for you, mate. Hang in there!

Now where the feck is feck with the Xits!?!
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
My heart bleeds for you, mate. Hang in there!

Now where the feck is feck with the Xits!?!
He posted 2 profiles just now. they sound great to me!
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
He posted 2 profiles just now. they sound great to me!
Of the Xits?
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Yip.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

ah heck

ordered one
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Of the Xits?
Yep, I put 2 mid-gain profiles up. I have 20 more or so, ranging from totally clean to blown out - once they clean up the user area I will upload all of them so people can mess with them.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is my noodling on the Feck's Xits Profile. I really like it!!!

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/Xits.mp3
Sounds great man! It really is crazy how people all around the world can share guitar sounds now in an instant. Pretty amazing stuff.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
here ya go man.

here is me noodling on the london amps STOCK preset. First with a strat then with a les paul. let me know what you think. I don't have the same gear that they guy in the video is doing nor his chops so hope this at least gives and idea of the amp.

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/London%20Amp.mp3
Hey guys - just thought I'd chime in. That's actually my studio's London. It was profiled by engineer Alan Litten at Room With A View here in Nashville for Kemper. In fact, many (but not all) of the amps labelled "Kemper Amps" are actually from our collection. Alan and crew did a great job with a bunch of killer hardware.

FWIW, there were times when I could not discern whether I was playing the Kemper or the amp being profiled. That is a very weird experience.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlange View Post
Hey guys - just thought I'd chime in. That's actually my studio's London. It was profiled by engineer Alan Litten at Room With A View here in Nashville for Kemper. In fact, many (but not all) of the amps labelled "Kemper Amps" are actually from our collection. Alan and crew did a great job with a bunch of killer hardware.

FWIW, there were times when I could not discern whether I was playing the Kemper or the amp being profiled. That is a very weird experience.
Awesome, thanks for chiming in!! Yesh, I have never had a modeler produce these types of sounds before, from top to bottom, just right on. Thank you for your profile! it kills..
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

man, I have been on the fence on this. One moment I want to get it, the next I don't, then I do. aargh What retailer that carries it has the best return policy?
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
man, I have been on the fence on this. One moment I want to get it, the next I don't, then I do. aargh What retailer that carries it has the best return policy?
what type of music do you want to do with it? I got mine from sweetwater, not sure their return policy but you should be able to..

in my opinion its the best direct unit out there right now..
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
what type of music do you want to do with it? I got mine from sweetwater, not sure their return policy but you should be able to..

in my opinion its the best direct unit out there right now..
I am in a polka band.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Nice. I personally like death polka a bit better but that's just me
If u are ever in the ashville area hit me up and u can try it out
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice. I personally like death polka a bit better but that's just me
If u are ever in the ashville area hit me up and u can try it out
ah cool. Didn't realize you were in NC.

I play kind of ambient effected style guitar, with some high gain.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is my noodling on the Feck's Xits Profile. I really like it!!!

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/Xits.mp3
Yeah that's really got a fatness and warmth that you usually only hear with a real amp...wait...it IS a real amp...well, I mean it's.....

too cool though...

TH
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search