New Reply
Subscribe
g3arfreak
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear interested

KORG iELECTRIBE for iPad ?!

KORG iELECTRIBE for iPad (video)

Whoa! Was not expecting this announcement. Looks like the iPad`s form factor will lead to some cool new apps. Now if only that image of Reason running on the iPad turns out to be true....
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

An Electribe for 10$.. Oh My God....
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Now the next step for all iPad related stuff is to find a way to sync with the rest of the world
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
An Electribe for 10$.. Oh My God....
10 + 499 usd in fact (and certainly more in europe )

not very excited by this,

too limited IMO

something like reason would be a better product, more open with more possibilities.

you already have samples player with fx (intua beatmaker for instance), funny apps, but it's a gadget,

what is fun on an Iphone just become ridiculous and useless on an Ipad.

I want more, show me what the Ipad can do for us musicians/producers.
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by choukette View Post
funny apps, but it's a gadget
isn't making music about having fun in the first place ?

you don't need billions of options to make good music. i prefer a good UI over tons of functions personally

and it's only 9 bucks !!
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taa4j6 View Post
isn't making music about having fun in the first place ?

you don't need billions of options to make good music. i prefer a good UI over tons of functions personally

and it's only 9 bucks !!
that why i speak about a reason-like tool, easy access and all in one,

at the moment all the musical apps on Iphone are just too limited, and this korg apps, brings nothing more than what brings intua beatmaker, and IMO those apps are just gadget, they are fun during 5 mn, but then you realise you will never do any interesting things only with that.

if i buy an ipad, i need something like reason running on it, a truly efficient tool to produce music. I want to be able to load sampled instruments, programming step seq, have bar and synth, mix them with eq/comp, add reverb, ect ect

and about the price I prefer spending 120 usd on a truly efficient tool than 10 usd in twelve useless and closed apps.

i know many people are very happy just to spend 10 usd in a gadget, i just prefer spending more money on a true tool,

Ipad can be fabulous if software dev create a monster like reason, if not it's just a useless gadget for me,

i already have an ipod touch, i know exactly what a 10" touch screen can add to the ipod touch concept,

all i see at the moment is just useless for me
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by choukette View Post
that why i speak about a reason-like tool, easy access and all in one,

at the moment all the musical apps on Iphone are just too limited, and this korg apps, brings nothing more than what brings intua beatmaker, and IMO those apps are just gadget, they are fun during 5 mn, but then you realise you will never do any interesting things only with that.

if i buy an ipad, i need something like reason running on it, a truly efficient tool to produce music. I want to be able to load sampled instruments, programming step seq, have bar and synth, mix them with eq/comp, add reverb, ect ect

and about the price I prefer spending 120 usd on a truly efficient tool than 10 usd in twelve useless and closed apps.

i know many people are very happy just to spend 10 usd in a gadget, i just prefer spending more money on a true tool,

Ipad can be fabulous if software dev create a monster like reason, if not it's just a useless gadget for me,

i already have an ipod touch, i know exactly what a 10" touch screen can add to the ipod touch concept,

all i see at the moment is just useless for me
The thing isn't even for sale yet...think about it, these apps have been created on simulators. Give it some time, there are going to be very powerful apps.
2nd April 2010
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

I love the idea of the electribe on an iPad. Just the thought of the potential of the iPad is insane.

How any electronic musician could not be completely in love with this technology is beyond me.

If you aren't impressed.... please watch this. YouTube - Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy
3rd April 2010
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Brilliant. And only 10 bucks...
3rd April 2010
Old 3rd April 2010
Gear addict

excellent timing ! they'll sure cash a lot of money with this
3rd April 2010
Old 3rd April 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
The thing isn't even for sale yet...think about it, these apps have been created on simulators. Give it some time, there are going to be very powerful apps.
if ielectribe give us sampler + drum machine + synth + mini mixer + separate fx + step seq/piano roll ok,

but it won't, and the more i think about it the more i think it can't be possible on ipad.

dev : prove me i'm wrong it would be great !!!
3rd April 2010
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Just got this for my iPad. Pretty fun app to program on. It runs really smooth. I can only imagine the future iPad music apps if this is one of the first. (this is my first post via the iPad...)
4th April 2010
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Just got this for my iPad. Pretty fun app to program on. It runs really smooth. I can only imagine the future iPad music apps if this is one of the first. (this is my first post via the iPad...)
Thumbs up, Rob! I'm stoked to get proremote on the ipad (and run bebot, jasuto, and more!)!
http://www.mckaygarner.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search