G-Sonique
14th March 2010
Old 14th March 2010
Gear Head

Smile NEW: Twisthead VS-206 - Vintage vacuum tube preamp by G-Sonique

Dear Friends, allow me to introduce you our new machine

Twisthead VS-206 Vintage vacuum tube preamp

Twisthead VS-206

Old dirty army radio from cellar of your senil grandfather?? Neverrr!! Luxury, ancient vacuum tube jewel! ya fakka!

Endless praising of vacuum tubes is certainly annoying for us as well for you. What embarrassing cliché. BUT the vacuum tubes are simply the smasher
and that's it. Pure rock n roll fakka.......!

If you're not deaf you feel that today's modern music lacks energy and the spirit of legendary analog vintage tracks. No matter whether it is acoustic or
electronic music, the digital sterility kills its soul, ya fakka. You hear it yourself; the spirit of the tracks from 60's to 80's recorded analogically to tapes
via vacuum preamps.

Why not to combine the quality and possibilities of digital sound with a heat, grandiosity and charisma of vintage analog vacuum tube machines?

The story behind Twisthead VS-206 ...

One day we bought an excellent collection of vintage analog machines from some unknown wandering loser. It was a bargain. Among the machines
there were some real gems. What a good deal, e! :-D After an exploration and deep analysis of these machines we managed to create
a fakinn emulation of vacuum vintage preamp from 60's!!!

And this is what Ya always wanted, the antique and rare fakin rexpensive gem. Only few pieces were produced. The rusty vintage machine…
Its price rises every day thanks to its inimitable sound!

But now… it's available for masses!!!

Like a real vintage hardware...

UltraFat, dirty or clean, crispy, warm, colorfull sound! This machine behaves like a real analog hardware! It behaves in non-linear way and unexpectedly.
Turn one knob a bit and other knob changes its behavior. Input drive affects the resulting sound as well as reaction to values set on each knob.
You know these characteristics from analog vintage machines only!

The Twisthead VS-206 isn't classic vintage vacuum pre-amp and vacuum vitalizer for live bands and musicians only... It's also a great for production
and mixing of electronic music - it adds huge vacuum heat, color, charisma and XXL fatnezzz to basses, beats and synthesizers …no matter
whether you create house, trance, hip-hop or drum and bass.

The Twisthead VS-206 sounds best with live instruments. If you are dirty fakinn rocker, bluesman loving raspy dirty guitars and beats or jazzman
demanding colorful and clear sound, the Twisthead VS-206 will magnetize you, especially if you use electronic or acoustic guitars, bass guitars, beats or
percussions.

www.g-sonique.com

G-Sonique
14th March 2010
Old 14th March 2010
Gear Head

I hope that you will like it , I forget one importatn information:

Don't play boogie, exploit the sales event prepared for
the first 100 penny pinchers and save your money :-)
Only 14.40 Eur
webshop!
15th March 2010
Old 15th March 2010
Lives for gear

Considering the fact that a hardware tube pre's characteristics can usually be amply exploited by judicious use of the input and output controls, can you explain exactly what the "Boost", "Tube harmonics", "Saturation Drive" and "Warmth" knobs do on top of the standard in and out knobs?

Their indented meanings seem obvious, yet the sheer number of knobs seems quite redundant. What makes each of them necessary and/or unique?
G-Sonique
15th March 2010
Old 15th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
Considering the fact that a hardware tube pre's characteristics can usually be amply exploited by judicious use of the input and output controls, can you explain exactly what the "Boost", "Tube harmonics", "Saturation Drive" and "Warmth" knobs do on top of the standard in and out knobs?

Their indented meanings seem obvious, yet the sheer number of knobs seems quite redundant. What makes each of them necessary and/or unique?
Hello Chris

Yes you are right, but this is software not hardware or 1:1 emulation. Try it by yourself - if you have time please download demo and you will know what is difference between these knobs. Every of this knob change overall sound a lot and in different way! You know that every vacuum tube sounds little bit different and these knobs knows something like changing of parameters/sound of vacuum tube. Warmth (add fattness and warmth) Saturation Drive (adds vintage style dirty saturation) brillance (adds massive sound and 1st harmonics) while Input knob control amount of input volume and amplification and can add absolutely diferent style of light saturation and warmth and in higher values can start a tube style limiting. It is difficult to explain but trying the Demo will answer all your questions I think, you can download it from our web for free Welcome at G-Sonique digital instruments, homepage

Thank you
15th March 2010
Old 15th March 2010
Lives for gear

The labels on those knobs turn me off, honestly. They sound more like they are trying to cash in on the popular-audio-adjective-of-the-day in the audio community rather than offering an accurate description of it's function.

It comes across as cheesy to me. If you yourself cannot explain their nuances then you are reinforcing the cheese factor of those vague labels.

Add to that the cheesy description....it all seems like a cash grab targeted at noobs.

Give me the real meat and potatoes and I'll give it a shot.
G-Sonique
15th March 2010
Old 15th March 2010
Gear Head

:-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
The labels on those knobs turn me off, honestly. They sound more like they are trying to cash in on the popular-audio-adjective-of-the-day in the audio community rather than offering an accurate description of it's function.

It comes across as cheesy to me. If you yourself cannot explain their nuances then you are reinforcing the cheese factor of those vague labels.

Add to that the cheesy description....it all seems like a cash grab targeted at noobs.

Give me the real meat and potatoes and I'll give it a shot.
Hey Man, I guessed that you are trying only to provoke from your first post:-D Am I wrong?

Speaking about sound is like dancing ballet about painting of Van Gogh, or like dancing in opera about italian spaghetti, do you understand what I want to say? Can you imagine how taste masterpice food from renowned cook made from more than 10 ingredients only from TEXT??? And that is the same situation.... music is about sound not about words! but you wanted explain all knobs by words? UNPOSSIBLE!

Rating the plugin that you never heard (only from gui) is like rating tha music album only from his cover :-D so funny for me now I can await reply in style now I tested it and it is shit as I excepted? :-D

I anticipate nervous reply, but take it relaxed :-D I dont want to quarrel with you...try other not cheesy plugins and have fun!
.T.
15th March 2010
Old 15th March 2010
.T.
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sonique View Post
UNPOSSIBLE!
Thank you, that one word meant more than any trivial, meandering emoticon-laden post ever could.

Out of curiousity, what preamp did you bass this on?
G-Sonique
15th March 2010
Old 15th March 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by .T. View Post
Thank you, that one word meant more than any trivial, meandering emoticon-laden post ever could.

Out of curiousity, what preamp did you bass this on?
Sorry my english sucks a little bit, Im not naturally speaking in english, Im just programmer and sales, support and communication is done by my partner from G-sonique

I understand right that you are asking what preamp was used as model for emulation? Not any commercial brand. 20 years ago there was communistic regime in our country as in rest of europe, there was simply inpossible to buy world renowned brands from UK or USA so lot of musicians do everything by ourselfs - all the lectronics by ourselves in garages, Everybody who wanted to play music needed to make his own gear like preamps, guitar pedals etc., there was only national brands like Tesla etc. but not so cool. We bought few months ago little crappy preamp, probably more than 25 years old and originally hand made,,,we used it as our exeplar here! not a 1:1 emulation but have a similar sound I think :-D

But I dont understand what you meant by your first seentence, please read our previous communication, I tried to explain a little bit what was asked for, but I get little bit arogant reply only :-D Do you think that is possible to explain sound of marshal amps or pultec EQ ? or difference between moog sound and waldorf sound only with words? I think no and almost impossible, you need to hear it first not read words about its sound, Am I wrong with this?
18th March 2010
Old 18th March 2010
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

G-Sonique, these guys are just being Douches, if it was a new Waves plug-in or UAD plug that looked EXACTLY the same they would be praising how great it is, and how great it sounds.
18th March 2010
Old 18th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestikc View Post
G-Sonique, these guys are just being Douches, if it was a new Waves plug-in or UAD plug that looked EXACTLY the same they would be praising how great it is, and how great it sounds.
yep! thumbsup

besides that: unfortunately no mac - no demo for me then.
7th July 2012
Old 7th July 2012
Gear interested

I bought it a week or so ago for only $15 (CAD) on sale. It's a great tube pre-amp emulator. I really like how it brings the Native Instruments KONTAKT Factory Bass samples to "life". It's a very nice quality plug-in. By my own careful listening tests, both depth and brilliance and improved. If you like non-sterile, analogue-like sound quality, then give the demo version an honest try - you may very well become a regular G-Sonique plugin user, just like me.

I also make regular use of G-Sonique's Pultronic EQ VST on all of my vocal tracks. In my opinion, it's a great emulation of a tube-driven EQ.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search