SADiE Version 6 - Native!
New Reply
Subscribe
Chris Allen
17th September 2009
Old 17th September 2009
Gear Head

SADiE 6 soon to be released, currently in BETA testing stages. An official announcement was made at this years IBC 2009 show, Amsterdam.

Amongst other things the main feature of the new version is that it will be native, no hardware required.

Check out the SADiE website or get in touch with us for more information -

T: +44 (0)1353 648 888
E: sales@sadie.com

Thanks!

Chris Allen
17th September 2009
Old 17th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post

SADiE 6 soon to be released, currently in BETA testing stages. An official announcement was made at this years IBC 2009 show, Amsterdam.

Amongst other things the main feature of the new version is that it will be native, no hardware required.

Check out the SADiE website or get in touch with us for more information -

T: +1 44 (0)1353 648 888
E: sales@sadie.com

Thanks!

Chris Allen
Is there a download manual for V 6 as yet , so that i can take a little peak at it ?,
Also their seems to be a Facelift for V 6 , anything new or old that has been introduced or revamped.
18th September 2009
Old 18th September 2009
Gear addict

Will Cedar plugs work with this version? They are amazing!
23rd September 2009
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Ooooooh!
27th August 2010
Old 27th August 2010
Lives for gear

Well its finally here, and now you can use Sadie native.
News - SADiE goes native!

I have been told this is one of the best mastering software's out there.
18th September 2010
Old 18th September 2010
Lives for gear

New SADiE 6 soft now includes Izotope plug-ins.

Great news for a great software up-do.

I'm standing by for my copy ordered last December.

EARS-Chicago, Engineering And Recording Society

http://www.ears-chicago.org/
Deaf before Dishonor

http://soundcloud.com/hudson-fair
18th September 2010
Old 18th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
New SADiE 6 soft now includes Izotope plug-ins.
That is a pretty solid endorsement for izotope. Thinking of switching to this DAW also, now that hardware is no longer an issue.
19th September 2010
Old 19th September 2010
Gear addict

And what about the $ € for the native Mastering version?
20th September 2010
Old 20th September 2010
Lives for gear

The price for the SADiE 6 Mastering Suite is $3,140 USD
21st September 2010
Old 21st September 2010
Gear maniac

Will you release a demo?
21st September 2010
Old 21st September 2010
Lives for gear

Frank from Prism said there will be a demo available for download.
21st September 2010
Old 21st September 2010
Gear nut

Since I've never really learned much about this platform given it's hardward dependence, Could anyone tell me the advantages of Sadie and areas in which it's primarily used?

Honest question

Cheers,

Johnny
21st September 2010
Old 21st September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy Media View Post
Since I've never really learned much about this platform given it's hardward dependence, Could anyone tell me the advantages of Sadie and areas in which it's primarily used?

Honest question

Cheers,

Johnny
My primary job is to record classical music concerts and we use Sadie to edit the results. The editing is far superior to Pro Tools or Logic (which I also use) for this kind of job. A few examples :
- in a same project, you can have different edit windows for the same mixer, differents mixer configurations and different "clipstores" (the folder for audio files)
- you can save an edit as such in the clipstore, delete it from the edit window and reload it later and undo it - without bouncing anything
- advanced slip functions
- background recording : you can edit the file while it's being recorded, you can edit a file and navigate the playlist while an other file is recorded in the background. It saves invaluable time when you're doing transfers.
- faster than real time bounces
- super stable
- best fades that I know of
- best sounding scrub I've heard
- works with Cedar
- ... I'm tired and if I think of other things, I'll come back. But to me it's the best editor and the most precise, but I wouldn't use it to record bands or compose music, it's really not its purpose (and it would be a nightmare). I'm better at routing signals inside Pro Tools or Logic, but that's not necessarily the program's fault of course and while I should delve into the trim editor, I haven't yet.

It's really a fantastic program.
21st September 2010
Old 21st September 2010
Lives for gear

Pyramix, Sequoia, Sadie -in no specific order

Matti
23rd September 2010
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoïde View Post
But to me it's the best editor and the most precise, but I wouldn't use it to record bands or compose music, it's really not its purpose (and it would be a nightmare). I'm better at routing signals inside Pro Tools or Logic, but that's not necessarily the program's fault of course and while I should delve into the trim editor, I haven't yet.

It's really a fantastic program.
I use SADiE5 to record bands live in the studio, and it's no nightmare at all!! It's very stable, easy to use, you can drop in on entire bands and at the end of the session you can run rough mixes faster than real time. Obviously the editing is fantastic, routing is straightforward, you can ungroup stereo tracks in a click, the built in eqs and compressors are very usable (but V6 will come with Izotope plugs too)... And the trim editor is outstanding. OK I'm a fan. And I don't do MIDI.
23rd September 2010
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Le Vien View Post
I use SADiE5 to record bands live in the studio, and it's no nightmare at all!! It's very stable, easy to use, you can drop in on entire bands and at the end of the session you can run rough mixes faster than real time. Obviously the editing is fantastic, routing is straightforward, you can ungroup stereo tracks in a click, the built in eqs and compressors are very usable (but V6 will come with Izotope plugs too)... And the trim editor is outstanding. OK I'm a fan. And I don't do MIDI.
Hey, that's good to know! Maybe if I have the occasion, I should try it. I know colleagues who use Sadie LRX to record jazz concerts, but I've never done it. Think I use Pro Tools out of habit then (routing, comping, multiple playlists). I like the built-in eq and dynamics too - love the limiter on voice!

24th September 2010
Old 24th September 2010
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy Media View Post
Could anyone tell me the advantages of Sadie and areas in which it's primarily used?
It's main areas of use are in radio production and post production (also TV post, but to a lesser extent), and in mastering -- it virtually dominates the mastering market and has done for years. Also used extensively for multitrack location recording and is very popular with the classical recording guys for recording and editing/post-production.

Disadvantages -- really only that it doesn't do MIDI at all.

Advantages -- no rendering. Everything is done live -- live crossfades, live level changes etc. All totally non-destructive. No filling up hard drives with rendered file shrapnel!

Virtually unlimited undo. And if the power goes out nothing is lost. When the system reboots it asks if you want to continue from where it stopped, and everything is restored just as you left it!

Ability to run multiple EDLs (playlists) within the same project and move material between them instantly.

Most accurate, most flexible, fastest and most intuitive editing in the TRIM window of any DAW I've ever used (and I've used all of them). Three further edit modes in the EDL (playlist) too (playlist editing, region editing and 3/4point editing modes).

Superb track slip and lock functions. Excellent timecode sync and autoconform modes. Full mixer automation modes and remote hardware control options (both SADiE and third party controllers are supported).

Integrated video options.

Cost options to integrate CEDAR resoration processes and bundled Izotope functions in the new Native version.

Ability to run native using any audio interface (including built in hardware) or with the existing SADiE and Prism Sound hardware platforms (like the superb LRX or the Orpheus).

Background recording, allowing work to continue independently on other material, or to start editing the incoming material while the recording continues unaffected.

It's PC software (currently 32 bit but expanding to 64 bit imminently), but plenty of people are running it without problems on Macs through bootcamp etc.

I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone that wants a pure audio editing and recording platform of the highest calibre and greatest ease of use.
24th September 2010
Old 24th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti
Pyramix, Sequoia, Sadie -in no specific order

Matti
I agree - the three best.

Sent from my iPhone using Gearslutz
31st December 2010
Old 31st December 2010
Gear interested

SADIE6 - mastering setup - questions/comments?

Hey I'm currently spec'ing a mastering setup for a university assignment. The budget is 40K and assumes a treated room etc so its all about the signal chain.

I have been looking at a SADIE system as being the 'brain' of my setup, and interfacing with a lavry blue 8 AD/DA for routing several stereo channels in and out of my manley backbone and also sending digital AES to an avocet monitor controller.

A couple questions about SADIE6

If you get the PCM8 deal from the site with sadie 6 (SADiE Products: PCM-H8 8in/out digital audio workstation), I'm assuming you are expected to buy a breakout from sadie also to get the I/O to an AES and analogue format? If SADIE6 were to be run native on a PC what would be the best way for a lavry blue to interface with this computer?

Does SADIE6 support all plug in formats? I have spec'd and algorithmix OJ lin EQ which is compatible with SADIE5 so im assuming that'll be fine, but does anyone know if Sonnox oxford range is compatible (think the supprEsser would be a good addition)?

basically I want everything going out AES to go through the lavrys and the avocet's converter (which i have read is pretty damn good). As i dont want to use SADIE's analogue outs is there a better or cheaper way of interfacing SADIE to these converters than buying the PCM system?

Really appreciate any insight anyone could give me, I'm reading a lot of manuals/websites etc but to be honest SADIE's site really hasnt been too helpful aside from telling me how great it is (which i'm sure it is). i always prefer a manufacturer which will let straight facts speak for themselves.

happy hogmanay!! (i'm scottish)

Nick

p.s. if anyone has a better solution for my situation than SADIE i'm all ears, i've heard soundblade can hold its own?
1st January 2011
Old 1st January 2011
Gear interested

You can't go wrong with a SADiE system in mastering. The PCM8 includes a breakout box with analogue and AES i/o. Having said that, you might well get a higher performance with a very high spec PC running SADiE6 natively, perhaps with an RME card as interface. SADiE works fine with standard VSTs, which would include the Oxford plugs, although there may be problems with some Waves versions.
SADiE support is outstanding, so just phone them up if you need to ask anything.
7th January 2011
Old 7th January 2011
Gear interested

Sadie V5 PCM8 For Sale

Hi guys,

I have a Sadie V5 PCM8 for sale.. (inc. Exabyte drive, and Mastering Limiter)

£1000+ VAT for a quick sale.

contact me at... paul@g2studios.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search