2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
TC5
Lives for gear

Good news!
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

There was a rebate for Ohmforce users recently as well. I just bought the DExpander. Great unique little plugin!
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Darn. No Alchemist only plugin for sale at the discount.

Oh well, guess it's the Duende X-Comp for me. My 10hr demo has run out.
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
Darn. No Alchemist only plugin for sale at the discount.
It is, check with another dealer... those aren't the only outlets doing this offer.
Manuel75
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Gear maniac

absolutely, the links above were just examples (proof) that I was not under delusion,
but make your own researches, I've seen several proposal here and there, like here: Flux Alchemist Dynamic Processor
so keep seeking...
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Gear addict

2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Cool. Thanks!

I haven't even demo'd Alchemist since it was outside my range. Now that it's in the ballpark I'll give it a serious listen.
2nd May 2009
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

This company's pricing was a little crazy before. I think they've realized they put themselves out of the market where they wanted to be.

It can't be easy figuring out how to price entirely digital (read: non-physical / pure intellectual property) goods. I suppose it's a little bit of a shot in the dark.

Anyway, the Flux stuff is good stuff.

- c
3rd May 2009
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Guys what is the deal with the Angels Share Technology..do not get that!
3rd May 2009
Old 3rd May 2009
Gear maniac

Alchemist is pretty unreal, I'm definitely gonna reconsider it at this price.
TC5
3rd May 2009
Old 3rd May 2009
TC5
Lives for gear

Anyone know if this is a limited time offer only?
3rd May 2009
Old 3rd May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5 View Post
Anyone know if this is a limited time offer only?
Ends May 15th.
18th May 2009
Old 18th May 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
Hi All,

Peter from DontCrac[k] here.

I just want to thank all of you for the positive feedback you guys posted here and there at Gearslutz about our Flux promotion...

I also want to let you guys know that our Flux promotion did very well with over 130 plugins and +50 bundles sold since May 1. That is great and you guys at GS definitely contributed in making this promotion successful... Thanks again !

Such promotions greatly helps support fine audio plugin manufacturers such as Flux that do need fresh income to keep up the good work and new users that spread good words about their products... That is the point of such promotions !

As we received tones of emails asking us to extend the Flux promotion till the end of the month, we will follow-up and extend it till May 31 hoping that will enable more users to access these amazing plug-ins at very attractive cost.

Feel free to spread the words in other thread as I personally don't want to abuse the board with more "commercial" information...

Thanks again for the great support and please let me know if any of you have questions concerning our actual or future promotions

All the best - Peter
great news all round... I've been spreading the word amongst producers in my scene - hopefully we'll see some more great updates and added features as a result of this. i.e. I think Epure would be killer with vari-slope LP & HPF choices, and an integrated spectral analyzer.

I have also requested more factory presets and some video tutorials from Flux:: demonstrating the more esoteric features on their dynamic processing plugs.

KD
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Gear addict

i've tried some of the demos, & i have to say, these are some of the best sounding dynamics & eq plugs i've heard in a long time. they're VERY transparent if you need 'em to be.

ml
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009

I have a few questions

Are the four dynamics processors equivalent to each single section of Solera ?

Solera has four processors in parallel, why would you want a gate in parallel?

Can Alchemist be used identically to Solera when in single broadband mode?

cheers

narco
Manuel75
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
i've tried some of the demos, & i have to say, these are some of the best sounding dynamics & eq plugs i've heard in a long time. they're VERY transparent if you need 'em to be.
Yes they are! Solera is so transparent and can work in such precise ways (no a lot of compression plugins are able to provide its fine tuning skills), alchemist is a very very good alternative (the best I know...) to all multicomp, and the soft clipping stage on all dyn plugins is just amazing. Epure is far better than all EQ provided by our DAWs.
(This has always been a test with mastering tools for me, but I've pushed it a step forward: I've started to remaster some of my favorite 70's and 80's albums with those plugins ... woaw! So easy to get some extra juice while staying faithful to those tunes we all know by heart).

I think they were too expensive before (and was waiting for this new price policy for a long time). Now, they are "must be tried" plugins. IMHO.

So go try them! (no iLok needed for the native demo, no time expiration but half an hour to play with one instance when called inside your channel strip).

Last edited by Manuel75; 19th May 2009 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Manuel75
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco View Post
I have a few questions

— Are the four dynamics processors equivalent to each single section of Solera ?
— Solera has four processors in parallel, why would you want a gate in parallel?
— Can Alchemist be used identically to Solera when in single broadband mode?

cheers
narco
to make it quick:

— yes (plus the same general - clipper, mix ... - features)
— its more simultaneous than "parallel" processing (if you're on the B.B.T. Sheldon's side of semantics )
— No, there's no side-chain/EQ

For more info get their complete manual here : http://www.fluxhome.com/download
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Lives for gear

WOW! I finally tried the demos of the FLUX plugins. Mostly Epure, Solera, and the Limiter. Outstanding sounding plugins! Epure is so subtle and so sweet, I didn't know what was changing about the music except that the sound was getting better. This is a steal at this price.
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Gear maniac

Does anyone know if there is a 40% discount on the "entry point dongle" too ??

It costs €40 in Europe, according to Flux's site....

https://www.fluxhome.com/store
Manuel75
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeOp View Post
Does anyone know if there is a 40% discount on the "entry point dongle" too ??

It costs €40 in Europe, according to Flux's site....

https://www.fluxhome.com/store
FYI, they've send me a licence for my iLok...
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel75 View Post
FYI, they've send me a licence for my iLok...
Thanks Manuel, but when you say "they" you mean FLUX or the store itself ??
Manuel75
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeOp View Post
when you say "they" you mean FLUX or the store itself ??
Here's my story (I live in europe): I put my order on Playback.fr, Playback call me 24 hours later and ask me my iLok ID. The guy told me that he has to call Flux and ask them to do the licence transfert. Then I has received an email one hour later from both flux and playback saying that my iLok was credited and that an account using my iLok ID was opened at flux website for the download of install packages (it seems you can't allow the demo directly but have to download specific user package).

I don't know how it works in the other side of Atlantic, but maybe some guys here can tell .... ?
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Gear maniac

Actually, I just realized when they say "entry point dongle" on their website they just mean the USB iLok key.
So no €40 on top for those who already are iLok users.
Thanks for the info anyway.

I'm in Europe too... let's see if those guys at Playback.fr also extended the rebate until the end of May.
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Seems to me that Flux should just permanently reduce their prices to what they're at now during the sale. It appears that a lot of people are excited about them at this price point, whereas they only got mentioned sporadically before. I'm no business expert but surely if they're taking in more cash now than they were at the higher prices then they've hit a sweet spot.
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Seems to me that Flux should just permanently reduce their prices to what they're at now during the sale. It appears that a lot of people are excited about them at this price point, whereas they only got mentioned sporadically before. I'm no business expert but surely if they're taking in more cash now than they were at the higher prices then they've hit a sweet spot.
+1

G
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Gear maniac

I've been messing around with the Solera demo...
It seems to me that (as well as clean, twisted, fuked up, etc) the Comp bit can sound very much like the classic SSL, don't you guys think?

I gora say I never used SSL compression (neither hard nor software), but judging by several samples I've heard, it's possible to make it sound in the same ballpark when slammed hard.
I may be talking out of my ass.
TC5
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
TC5
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Agreed. I purchased the mastering pack at the sale price. Would not have done so at full price for sure. Not because I don't think they would be worth it at list price but they were just too expensive for me to justify the expense at full price. (if that makes any sense...)
20th May 2009
Old 20th May 2009
Lives for gear

Amen!

I would like to purchase these plugins, but it is not in my studio budget right now, keeping the prices lower will certainly guarantee my purchase in a few months.
27th May 2009
Old 27th May 2009
Gear Head

The mastering pack is very tempting to me ; i don't need more... My ilok is ready and this price is now very attractive. I already have plugins to color the mix and i think these are the plugins i was waiting for ... great !
Just in case (as i asked Flux about that / the dontcrcak website's information is not very comprehensive), the mastering package (and all the packages) include V2 of ALL plugins...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search