Redline Reverb
8th May 2009
Old 8th May 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing81 View Post
But if you're a developer, check it with Digi, you might be able to enlighten us all!
Very good point actually--one order of enlightenment coming up!

-- dj!
8th May 2009
Old 8th May 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing81 View Post
On an Audio channel as the first plugin, yes, zero. But on an Auxillary channel as the only insert, it shows 8228 samples latency. Similarly, on an Audio channel if I put it after a TDM plugin, it adds 8228 samples.

This on a HD system running PT8, Mac G5.

Of course, if there's a way of fixing this, let me know, but as it is, for me it's unusable.

B

Lowering your h/w buffer size to 256 may solve the problem.

I hope this helps you!
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Lives for gear

well, after trying it for some weeks I bought it today. I can't say I favor it over the UAD 140, but is growing on me. And the price is very nice.
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Gear interested

You are correct. Very nice petal indeed.
19th May 2009
Old 19th May 2009
Lives for gear

Hey dj,
How much would be the introductory price for the EQ?
Is it going to have a 60 days Demo time too?
21st May 2009
Old 21st May 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnio View Post
Hey dj,
How much would be the introductory price for the EQ?
Is it going to have a 60 days Demo time too?
To be honest we usually decide on pricing as a very last step before the release, but from where I stand now I imagine the EQ price to be in the same ballpark as the Reverb.

The 60-days unlimited demo on the other hand is standard 112dB policy so yes, that will be the case for the EQ (and other upcoming plugins) as well. I'm no fan of limiting demos to one or two weeks and/or disabling important features--you simply need sufficient quality time with a plugin to decide whether it suits the bill for your particular needs or not. So we're prepared to give you that opportunity!

Take care,

-- dj!
poshook
22nd May 2009
Old 22nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Threre must be a bug. Logic stopped playing after inserting one instance of this reverb to bus. Only small crack and then no sound of whole mix. bypassing of reverb solved the problem. reinserting works OK.

I think the same problem I sometimes had with R66 (but under Windows and Ableton Live)
22nd May 2009
Old 22nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Cool, thx.
25th May 2009
Old 25th May 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
Threre must be a bug. Logic stopped playing after inserting one instance of this reverb to bus. Only small crack and then no sound of whole mix. bypassing of reverb solved the problem. reinserting works OK.
Is this something you can reproduce or did it just occur once? If the former please email us at support@[lotsofdB].com or through our forum at 112dB Forum - Index and we'll start troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

-- dj!
28th May 2009
Old 28th May 2009
Lives for gear

I went to buy the reverb but came up with problems with their web site. The Paypal on check out went into Spanish. I logged out several times and each time it came back in Spanish. Then I tried to buy it on the Spanish Pay Pal. However on page 2 of 3, there was no icon I could click to go to the 3rd page. I let the lads know about the problem, but I could never get it resolved. Did anyone else find this problem? I made sure my cookies were allowed for the web site as well.
28th May 2009
Old 28th May 2009
I have been using the demo a lot on rough mixes or during vocal takes for folks because it is quick and CPU-friendly... now I don't think I am going to be able to replace it in the mix.

Awesome reverb. It sounds good, is easy to use and you can adjust parameters in one interface. Having modulation built in is a great feature too.

The long demo period is a great sales idea, by the way. I am totally dependent on it now!
28th May 2009
Old 28th May 2009
Gear interested

My fave redline tricks:

Use it on vocals with the predelay very apparent, but softened up with some verb and diffusion - sort of a cross between reverb and slapback delay. Very cool sound, to get there see how close you can get the plug to sound like a "delay" first. I think of it as a "soft" delay sound.

I'm not a hard rocker, but this thing makes for some amazing "big stadium guitar stack" sounds. I mean, like huge. Start with the "gymnasium" preset.

And it's killer on toms.

Can't WAIT for the EQ to hit if this is a good example of what you guys are up to!
29th May 2009
Old 29th May 2009
Lives for gear

I was able to get the software installed thanks to good customer support.
29th May 2009
Old 29th May 2009
Lives for gear

I like Money
30th May 2009
Old 30th May 2009
Yes, nice reverb. A bit smoother then my ArtsAcoustic. Good work!
1st June 2009
Old 1st June 2009
Lives for gear

I don't know about you guys, but I find you need to spend over $2,000 to get a reverb that is really going to stand out as "better" than this $99 reverb. It is really that good.
1st June 2009
Old 1st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I find you need to spend over $2,000 to get a reverb that is really going to stand out as "better" than this $99 reverb. It is really that good.
Yup, still loving this thing and still pretty damn impressed.
5th June 2009
Old 5th June 2009
Gear interested

Redline Rerverb

Ultimately Redline is a great value, considering the quality of it. I too have 2C audio's Aether, which I love. They are both great. Aether is just such a convincing-sounding reverb; I would give it a slight edge because of it's feature set & continuously varying responses. It is, however, much more taxing on the cpu than Redline. If you get both, & then UA's Plate 140, you've pretty much got all of your reverb needs taken care of.
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Ahh! Price jump!!!

$149 !

I noticed my demo period just expired and when I went to buy it this came up...I mean, it is probably worth it, but after all the $99 hype and the long demo period it seems pretty lame to jack up the price without any warning.

Am I missing something?
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterinn View Post
Ahh! Price jump!!!

$149 !

I noticed my demo period just expired and when I went to buy it this came up...I mean, it is probably worth it, but after all the $99 hype and the long demo period it seems pretty lame to jack up the price without any warning.

Am I missing something?
It said the $99 price was only good through June 15th on the website.
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Forgot to buy before the price went back up. What a cretin
Oh well, it's still good value but I think for many at $99 an impulse (no pun intended) buy, but at $150 perhaps not so much.
19th June 2009
Old 19th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
It said the $99 price was only good through June 15th on the website.
So I was missing something. My bad.

I'm buying it anyway. It is sitting really well in a bunch of half-finished mixes....
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterinn View Post
Ahh! Price jump!!!

$149 !
Am I missing something?
Darn,missed it too!
Bummer!
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphoto View Post
My fave redline tricks:

Use it on vocals with the predelay very apparent, but softened up with some verb and diffusion - sort of a cross between reverb and slapback delay. Very cool sound, to get there see how close you can get the plug to sound like a "delay" first. I think of it as a "soft" delay sound.

I'm not a hard rocker, but this thing makes for some amazing "big stadium guitar stack" sounds. I mean, like huge. Start with the "gymnasium" preset.

And it's killer on toms.

Can't WAIT for the EQ to hit if this is a good example of what you guys are up to!
Hey Mcphoto,
That seems interesting. Would you copy the image of that setting for us? I tried your trick, but I'm not sure of getting the Modulation and Early R sections right.

My favorite preset for vocals so far is the Snare Plate. But the Car Interior preset saved my last mix. I'm loving the early reflections this thing does.

Well, now, after more than two months working with the Redline, I can report again. The Redline is actually in my 'I can't live without' status. This, and the Fatso UBK Mod, are the best buys I've done this year. I'm so happy with it. I hope the Eq is this awesome too.
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnio View Post
I hope the Eq is this awesome too.
I hate to go off-topic again here, but...... where is that thing anyways!!!
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

2nd that!!!
21st June 2009
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
I hate to go off-topic again here, but...... where is that thing anyways!!!
This Eq, 112dB is supposed to be out soon.
In Q2 2009 (whatever that means). But the specifications are very cool.
22nd June 2009
Old 22nd June 2009
Lives for gear

Should be by the end of June then... they've said it would have similar pricing to the Reverb... let's hope it's a $99 introductory one too!
22nd June 2009
Old 22nd June 2009
Lives for gear

awww crap. I missed the $99 also! went out of town for a week and missed it. Bummer!

Suggestion: When the eq comes out, offer it for an intro price of $99 as well but if you buy the eq and the verb, you get both for $99 each.
10th August 2009
Old 10th August 2009
Gear nut

In the same vein we do now offer a bundle deal on Monitor + Reverb + Equalizer. The Redline Bundle will expand along with future plugins we're going to release.

If you already own Monitor or Reverb we can probably cut you a deal so do drop us a line if interested.

-- dj!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search