Farshad
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via Yahoo to Farshad
Arrow New: Akai MPK88, Akai MPD18 and Akai MINIAK Compact Vocoding Synth

Just saw on GEARWIRE that AKAI has some new products:

Here is what they wrote about the MINIAK:

"Developed in conjunction with Alesis (they share a parent company), the MINIAK likely began life as the next generation of the Alesis Micron, a compact synth that never got the attention of, but in many ways was superior to, the original MicroKORG. Branded as an Akai product, the MINIAK shares name-association with the legendary MPC, a name and a concept that has continued basically unsullied for the past 20-plus years.

The MINIAK enables users to create programs with up to eight multi-timbral voices, each with three oscillators. The user can create interesting and unique sounds and take advantage of the synthesizer’s more-than-600 preset sounds. Users can create complex and refined sounds using the MINIAK’s two multimode filters, three envelope generators, two LFOs, stereo effects and 40-band vocoder with gooseneck microphone. The MINIAK also has a comprehensive sequencer with step and dynamic real time phrase sequencing, a drum machine/rhythm sequencer and an arpeggiator."

Links:

Akai MPK88, Akai MPD18

MINIAK likely began life as the next generation of the Alesis Micron, a compact synth that never got the attention of, but in many ways was superior to, the original MicroKORG. Branded as an Akai product, the MINIAK shares name-association with the legendary MPC, a name and a concept that has continued basically unsullied for the past 20-plus years." target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onclick="trackOutboundLink('http://Developed in conjunction with Alesis (they share a parent company), the MINIAK likely began life as the next generation of the Alesis Micron, a compact synth that never got the attention of, but in many ways was superior to, the original MicroKORG. Branded as an Akai product, the MINIAK shares name-association with the legendary MPC, a name and a concept that has continued basically unsullied for the past 20-plus years.');">Akai-IRJDSUNE9932123321222xxeww-MINIAK

Anybody has more info? They look interesting.

Last edited by Farshad; 31st March 2009 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Adding more info
TRW
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
TRW
Lives for gear

MPK88 looks like a winner to me! Production centre indeed. Also little pads look great I would never use the encoders and faders on the 24 or 32.

-T
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
Gear interested

Akai MINIAP = Alesis Micron
just a new skin i thinktutt
Farshad
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via Yahoo to Farshad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Did the Micron have a Vocoder / mic?
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshad View Post
Did the Micron have a Vocoder / mic?
not build-in mic but micron did have a mic in and vocoder
1st April 2009
Old 1st April 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
If this's got Mpk keybed and chassis,it's a step on and a welcoming upgrade.
With mic included and a better interface can give a second opportunity to an underrated great live synth,for me they can even call it Micron II,I don't matter at all.
I mean,a good little 37 note synth with good action and a bunch of great patches to put on a rhodes or a hammond for live use,it'd be better than the old and new Xl Mikrokorg,let's wait for the right price!

Luca
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search