Gearslutz.com

Gearslutz.com (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Apogee Announces Symphony 64 PCIe Card (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/333330-apogee-announces-symphony-64-pcie-card.html)

seanmcarthur 8th October 2008 01:23 AM

Apogee Announces Symphony 64 PCIe Card

Apogee Upgrades The Symphony System with The Symphony 64 PCIe Card

At the 125th AES convention, Apogee Electronics unveiled Symphony 64, a 64 channel, 24bit/192kHz PCI Express card made to interface Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters directly to Apple’s Mac Pro.

Next Generation Workstation
The Symphony System excels on several levels, the award-winning sound quality of Apogee’s AD&DA Converters, the groundbreaking power of Apple’s Mac Pro, and the stability and ultra low latency performance of the Symphony 64 card. This combination provides a flexible, stable, high-end solution for customers seeking a workstation compatible with any Core Audio application. And, because Symphony utilizes the power of the Mac Pro for plug-in processing, customers are spared the expense of a high priced DSP card.

Extended Audio Routing: Symphony’s SBus and Vbus
Symphony 64 features Extended Audio Routing with VBus and SBus technology. VBus allows users to route demanding, stand-alone software instruments, directly between Core Audio based applications, instead of running them as plug-ins. Symphony’s SBus doubles the DSP power of The Symphony System by facilitating the communication of digital audio between Symphony equipped Macs with a single cable. Now it is possible to route audio to a second computer and back again for plug-in processing, sample libraries, soft-synth players, and session transfers from one Core Audio application to another.

“The combination of Symphony 64, Apogee converters and Apple’s Mac Pro marks a powerful turning point in digital audio production and is directly challenging the paradigm of the costly card-based DSP system. And, with 64 channels per card and the introduction of SBus technology, Symphony 64 has truly raised the bar for the Native audio workstation. Not only is the quality and performance of the Symphony System unprecedented, so is the value. Never have our customers had access to such an advanced solution for so little cost.” says Betty Bennett Co-Founder and CEO of Apogee.

Symphony 64 at a glance:
  • 64 channels of 24-bit 192kHz Digital I/O per card
  • Up to 128 channels of I/O per Mac Pro
  • Near zero latency performance
  • Connects directly to Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters via the X-Symphony option card
  • Apogee’s VBus - virtual routing within a Core Audio application or between multiple applications.
  • Apogee’s SBus - 32 channel, 192kHz digital audio network between two Mac computers
  • Apogee’s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing

System Requirements:
  • Audio Interfaces: Apogee Rosetta Series or X-Series converters equipped with X-Symphony expansion card
  • Computer: Apple Mac Pro
  • Memory: 2 GB of RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
  • Software: Compatible with any Core Audio compliant application

Symphony 64 PCIe Card, Availability: October 2008, MSRP: $995*

*Upgrade Program
Apogee is offering an upgrade program to customers who have purchased a Symphony 32 card 60 days prior to the release of Symphony 64 on October 3, 2008. All that qualify for the program can upgrade directly thru Apogee for $295.

For more information:Redirecting to the requested page...
Email: press@apogeedigital.com

arimaka 9th October 2008 10:19 PM

Good job Apogee!!!

But what about new Maestro that handles EuCon.

Also V-Bus has been very unreliable on my system, sound distorts and I haven't been able to solve this issue.

Keep working hard on the software end!!!

sheltersoton 11th October 2008 07:51 AM

any adat solution yet?

apogeepress 25th October 2008 01:04 AM

Apogee Symphony 64 Now Shipping Worldwide

Apogee Symphony 64 PCI-e Card Now Shipping Worldwide

Santa Monica, CA, October 24, 2008
- Apogee Electronics announced today that Symphony 64 is now shipping worldwide to authorized dealers and distributors. Symphony 64 is a 64 channel, 24bit/192kHz PCI Express card made to interface Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters directly to Apple’s Mac Pro creating The Symphony System.

The Symphony System excels on several levels; the award-winning sound quality of Apogee’s AD&DA Converters, the groundbreaking power of Apple’s Mac Pro, and the stability and ultra low latency performance of the Symphony 64 card. This combination provides a flexible, stable, high-end solution for customers seeking a workstation compatible with any Core Audio application.

Symphony 64 features Extended Audio Routing with VBus and SBus technology. VBus allows users to route demanding, stand-alone software instruments, directly between Core Audio based applications, instead of running them as plug-ins. Symphony’s SBus doubles the DSP power of The Symphony System by facilitating the communication of digital audio between Symphony equipped Macs with a single cable. Now it is possible to route audio to a second computer and back again for plug-in processing, sample libraries, soft-synth players, and session transfers from one Core Audio application to another.

Availability: NOW SHIPPING

Price: $995*

*Upgrade Program
Apogee is offering an upgrade program to customers who have purchased a Symphony PCI-e card between the dates of August 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008. All that qualify for the program can upgrade to Symphony 64 directly thru Apogee for $295.

Symphony 64 at a glance:
  • 64 channels of 24-bit 192kHz Digital I/O per card
  • Up to 128 channels of I/O per Mac Pro
  • Near zero latency performance
  • Connects directly to Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters via the X-Symphony option card
  • Apogee’s VBus - virtual routing within a Core Audio application or between multiple applications.
  • Apogee’s SBus - 32 channel, 192kHz digital audio network between two Mac computers
  • Apogee’s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing
  • Compatibility with any Core Audio application
For more information: Apogee Electronics: Products: The Symphony System

Jack Weaver 25th October 2008 06:06 AM

One simply question and I'll order it today:

So, does VBus now work with standalone instances of Kontakt and/or Play?

SoundEng1 25th October 2008 08:02 AM

What about the rest of symphony customers?

headz 26th October 2008 06:21 PM

its pretty simple:
they guess you keep the old symphony card in use and buy a new symphony64 additionally, then hook up 2nd_mac/old symphony > via SBus to main_mac/new symphony64 -> your_apogee converters

or you get a mobile symphony and hook up a macbookpro to symphony64, in this case you need to sell your old symhony card to someone else....

headz 24th November 2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headz (Post 3601726)
its pretty simple:
they guess you keep the old symphony card in use and buy a new symphony64 additionally, then hook up 2nd_mac/old symphony > via SBus to main_mac/new symphony64 -> your_apogee converters

or you get a mobile symphony and hook up a macbookpro to symphony64, in this case you need to sell your old symhony card to someone else....

actually I stumbeld about my old posting, which is not correct as now can be read in the symphony64 tech specs vailable.

correct would be to hook up two MacPro DAW machines via two new symphony64 (one in each macpro obviously) or alternatively hook up one mac pro sym64 and a MacBookPro with symphony mobile express34 card (once the s-bus driver is out soon).

the old symphony32 card is not compatible with symphony64, so one needs to give old card back to refurbish or sell to other users just getting on board of using a symphony system at all and don't need to expand it soon.

Sergievsky 2nd December 2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headz (Post 3680018)
a...
the old symphony32 card is not compatible with symphony64, so one needs to give old card back to refurbish or sell to other users just getting on board of using a symphony system at all and don't need to expand it soon.

Refurbish? Do they really have such an option? How much would it cost? Only option I've seen is the upgrade, but only if you bought the your Symph32 card after Oct or something like that. I have both a PCIe Symph 32 and PCIX and would like to exchange both.

Am pretty disappointed though that I won't be able to use my older dualG5 Mac in this SBUS setup. I thought one of the main advantages with the SBUS was so that your computers would never be obsolete, especially with film composers' needs for lots of running VI's and sampleplayers.

headz 2nd December 2008 12:49 PM

this seems to depend on the local distributor if tehy do refurbish trade in, might be an option to ask.

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.