the Tonic Tube Preamp
New Reply
Subscribe
bradsarno
10th November 2007
Old 10th November 2007
Gear Head

the Tonic Tube Preamp

Much like our flagship product, The Revelation Tube Preamp™, the new Tonic Tube Preamp™ is a compact, portable, all-tube preamplifier designed primarily for the many unique needs of the steel guitarist, but it will be equally at home with bass guitar, electric guitar, or just about any amplified musical instrument. With the Tonic, you will achieve the ultimate in tone quality and flexibility mixed with portablity and affordability. Unlike many "guitar" preamps, the Tonic is a clean machine, and is not intended to create overdriven tones, but instead offers extreme high fidelity vacuum tube tone. The Tonic Tube Preamp also has a NEW feature of an optional internal digital reverb module. This makes the Tonic a complete, portable, stand-alone preamp solution without the need for a rack and external effects unit. The Tonic Tube Preamp™ is entirely hand built in St. Louis, MO - USA utilizing an efficient construction method along with high quality, oxygen free copper, thick-trace printed circuit board technology. This efficient assembly process allows you to have the same pristine sonic quality of the Revelation preamp, but in a more compact and affordable package.

Special Introductory Direct-only Wholesale Price:

$675 w/reverb
$625 basic

Features:
• All tube signal path - 2 tubes total - 12AX7 and 12AU7
• High voltage 300V B+ supply, DC heater supply for low noise
• Variable Impedance input control for tailoring pickup's tonal response
• Tuner Send jack (pre-volume pedal for silent tuning)
• Instrument level, front-panel send/return loop for Volume and/or FX pedals
• Line level effects loop for use with external effects units - parallel, mono topology
• 4-band EQ with "Color" control for dialing in midrange dip frequency
• Bright/Dark switch for tailoring ultra high frequencies
• New bass expand switch toggles between different classic tube amp models
• 1/4" unbalanced output - high gain signal can drive just about anything
• Transformer balanced XLR output (low level for live DI situations)
• High Quality film / foil capacitors and audiophile metal film resistors
• Carbon Comp resistors used on tube plates and cathodes for added tonal warmth
• Rugged, steel and aluminum powdercoated single rack space chassis
• Stand alone or can be mounted in tray for rack mounting - includes tall feet to clear amp handles
• Cool blue LED pilot light!
• True stand-by switch for proper warmup time - preserves tube life
• International voltage switch and IEC power input jack for use nearly anywhere on planet earth
• ***Optional bracket/hook for hanging off steel guitar seat ($20 option)
• ***Optional 3-wire Cable Harness ($35 for basic 3' harness, add $3 per foot for longer)
• ***New internal digital reverb module ($50 option)
• ***Coming Soon - custom padded carrying case - stay posted for more info

Please Visit: Home
Attached Thumbnails
the Tonic Tube Preamp-tonic-front.jpg   the Tonic Tube Preamp-tonic-rear.jpg  

Last edited by bradsarno; 12th November 2007 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: bolding title
bradsarno
12th November 2007
Old 12th November 2007
Gear Head

Steel Guitar Black Box in TapeOp

Here's a link to the TapeOp article on the Steel Guitar Black Box:

Tape Op Review
bradsarno
14th November 2007
Old 14th November 2007
Gear Head

REVELATION TESTIMONIALS

"Randy Blackwell just came by with his Revelation pre-amp and I got to really try it out and I was thrilled with how great it sounded with my steel. I just came back from Siloam Springs , Ark show and Jerry Newberry and Austin Stewart were both using the Revelation pre-amps and their sound was the best I've heard . Brad has absolutely got a winner for sure." - Buck Grantham

"Just got mine a few days ago. This is the most fun I have had with any piece of gear. Nothing like it that I have ever heard. This is a MUST HAVE item for any tone nut out there." - Robby Springfield- Grand Ole Opry

"I recieved my pre-amp yesterday, MAN, what a difference it makes in tone. Brad has unlocked secrets to getting tone dynamics. The quality of material and workmanship is unsurpassed. I bought this pre-amp without seeing or hearing one,just knew folks that had purchased one and they liked so much. I just wasn't happy with my tone,kept fighting,trying to get 'magic sound'. Well the fight is over, this pre-amp is truly a REVELATION, it has headroom for days,is quiet,powerful, and sounds awesome. Thanx Brad for your knowledge. If anyone questions if "its's worth it", the answer is ABSOLUTELY!! I hope this helps someone that may be trying to improve their sound. ORDER ONE NOW." Thanx, Randy Blackwell

"I've had mine almost a year now and I still grin every weekend I use it. It's that awesome!!!!" - Michael Hartz

"The Revelation sound is certainly something wonderful to experience and I'd agree, it's fun. After I wipe the grin off of my face, I am planning to post a detailed description of what it is that is so special about The Revelation Tube Preamp. For now, I think "scrumptious" might suffice." - TC Furlong

"As far as preamps go I recently bought a Revelation Tube Preamp from Brad Sarno and it is out of this world. We're all familiar with the addage that better gear won't make you a better player. Well it certainly can in an indirect way. It may sound screwy but I've had my RTP about a week and half and I've definitely advanced my skill and musical vocabulary a good bit because the thing is such a joy to play through that I can't stay off my guitar. Instead of the usual hour or so a day I've been putting in at least twice that much practice time. I really can't recommend it enough...totally amazing tone, flexibility and old fashioned quality.it sounds totally amazing. I had a Blackbox and that was really nice, but the RTP is a whole other dimension. The tonal purity and flexibility has to be experienced to be believed". - Bill Miller

"I’ve used the tube pre-amp at a number of appointments and I am still in awe of it. My Zum Hybrid sounds so good through it! I am using the Hybrid (3-cord hook-up) into a Goodrich L120 pot pedal, and using an M350 for reverb and delay, then into the power-amp in of two Nashville 112 amps. We have been miking one amp with a Sennheiser E 609. I’ve never had a better sound! Thanks so much for a great product. I likely will be buying a second unit for use at home and also use as a spare." - Tony Rankin

"I`ve had mine nearly 16 months, its a great piece..And you can not beat Brad, he is top of the line." - Hook Moore

"The Revelation sounds outrageous!" - Jay Ganz

"I'm in total agreement - this is the best piece of kit I have ever owned in nearly 30 years of playing. It was worth every penny I paid for it. I've had mine since picking it up at Dallas last year." - Paddy Long

"Randy, congrads on the RTP, and after the tubes break in, it gets even sweeter. I've had mine about 5 or 6 weeks now and love the clean, sweet, tube sound it has." -Roger Francis

"I've been playing now for 40+ years. During this time, there were only a few years when I did not play with tubes in my sound. Today with the "Revelation Tube Preamp" and the super clean power amps, I feel like I get a tone that was never possible with the "vintage" gear. The "Revelation Tube Preamp" is a timeless piece of gear that will become the new classic. This piece of gear is not something that will be replaced when a new "fad" comes along. In my opinion, it is already a classic." - Randy Beavers

"I had fought with various PreAmps in my system for some time but others were giving me undesirable results with signal noise. I finally decided to try the Revelation. From the moment I first hooked it into the system and turned it on I was impressed. After reading the manual and making some adjustments as clearly provided, the signal was excellent. Althought the highs were great, I can't say enough about how the Revelation enhanced the lows of the tone. Also, first time I ever read a manual that was "right on". It's appearant Brad did his homework after making this unit because he described the effects and adjustments and all responded exactly as described." - Dave Diehl

"I have one and I love it! This is a great sounding pre-amp and Brad was very helpful. What more could you ask for....well, a talent simulator would be appreciated...." - Chas Smith

"... I got one and am totally pleased by it. GREAT piece of gear. Highly recommended!" - Dave Ristrim

2nd December 2007
Old 2nd December 2007
Gear interested

I've been playing live and recording with the Revelation Tube Preamp now for about 2 years. It's given me the most control over my sound than anything I've ever tried. (And trust me, I have a lot of gear.) It has mare variables than the classic tone stacks because it lets you select the mid frequency before altering it. Recording direct with it is a pleasure. Usually I hate hearing a sterile direct sound, but with this unit sometimes it's hard to choose which one I like better.

I play pedal steel but I've had some "world class" guitar players record with it at my home studio, and liked it better than their own rigs.

My latest project, I re-amped back through the Revelation. That's the way I'll record myself in my studio from now on.

The new Tonic Preamp has the same features as the Revelation and sounds the same to my ears, but is a single channel and is smaller. (Easier to fly with it in your suitcase.)

If you like, check out some sounds on my myspace site.
MySpace.com - Randy Beavers - Lebanon, Tennessee - Indie - www.myspace.com/RGB

Randy Beavers
bradsarno
11th December 2007
Old 11th December 2007
Gear Head

Tonics are now shipping. 3-4 week wait time on new orders.

Brad
bradsarno
31st December 2007
Old 31st December 2007
Gear Head

Tonic orders are currently backed up by about 3-4 weeks. 50% deposits are being taken to reserve an order.

Home
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search