Old 20th January 2007
Gear maniac

Alta Moda Unicomp

The Unicomp audio compressor combines the best features of both modern and classic audio compressors into a single, dual-mono unit. At its heart is a unique gain cell/sidechain combination which gives the Unicomp its own distinctive sonic character. The Unicomp’s comprehensive set of sidechain features gives it true versatility and accuracy which make the unit superbly suited for tracking, mixing and mastering applications.

The Unicomp boasts a fully discrete, class ‘A’, high voltage minimalist audio path. The amplifiers are DC servo-coupled, eliminating all coupling capacitors in the signal path.

The sidechain features a high accuracy logarithmic-scaled detector, with a choice of operating in RMS or peak rectifier modes. The Unicomp also allows the user, with a single switch, to change the compressor topology from a modern and accurate feedfoward detection scheme, to the classic and more colorful feedback approach; completely changing the sonic personality of the unit.

The Unicomp’s personality is further changed with the addition of the Warmth control. Turning this control adds rich, second harmonic distortion to the signal that increases as compression increases, adding even more character to the sound. A switchable filter changes the contour of the affected signal, useful when processing more complex signals, such as mixes.

Another unusual feature of the unit is the Blend control. The Blend control allows the operator to mix unprocessed signal back into the compressor’s output path. This gives one the ability to create a more subtle compression effect on tracks such as vocals, or for blending back dry signal when heavy buss compression effects such as drum submixes are being processed. A high pass filter is included which blends only the higher audio frequencies back into the output path.

http://www.altamodaaudio.com/
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

looks really beautiful!
what's the price tag?

cheers
istvan
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioLogic View Post
Another unusual feature of the unit is the Blend control. The Blend control allows the operator to mix unprocessed signal back into the compressor’s output path. This gives one the ability to create a more subtle compression effect on tracks such as vocals, or for blending back dry signal when heavy buss compression effects such as drum submixes are being processed. A high pass filter is included which blends only the higher audio frequencies back into the output path.

http://www.altamodaaudio.com/

Neat !

Parrallell compression without having to use console channels. If it`s any good on drum mixes that could be very usefull.
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Old 20th January 2007
Gear maniac

It is going to be $3850.00 for now.

Introductory Pricing.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Anybody have a chance to hear this box and offer any insight?
Old 27th January 2007
Gear nut

Chalice studios in LA have one in their studio 'G', contact Stacey for a rap on it.
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Which other analog boxes offer a blend function?
Alta Moda
Elysia,
new Tonelux??
Am I missing one?

Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

i think the new buzz audio compressor will have the "blend" feature too...
Old 19th August 2007
bee
Lives for gear

Has anyone tried this thing out yet?
Old 21st September 2007
Lives for gear

I want one
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm supposed to get one here to check out sometime soon. Will gladly report back when I do.. Looks very interesting, indeed.

-dave
Old 22nd September 2007
LAU
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity8058 View Post
Alta Moda
Elysia,
new Tonelux??
Am I missing one?

yup...the chandler has it.
Old 23rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity8058 View Post
Alta Moda
Elysia,
new Tonelux??
Am I missing one?

Can't find it now, but isn't there a company in Israel that make one as well.
Quiet a monster if I recall correctly .
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search