Latest RUMOR NAMM Digi 002 Pro
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

Latest RUMOR NAMM Digi 002 Pro

So I guess we shall know soon enough!

With a flick of a switch though they could make it so much easier for pro's to use with ADC, OMF, Mp3.....

Perhaps the 002 will have better preamps, and 7.3 has matured either LE or not, but would still like to see the above in a laptop and of course, surround.

Lately, with all the talk of Vista, DRM, etc, etc, while having a PC and MAC and 5 licenses for GIGA studio, I'm really thinking about maybe going all MAC and really giving Logic Pro a 2nd look, and start to rebuild. Of course, will wait until NAMM. Already have Logic Express and DP5.
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

Nope... not at NAMM. No new hardware....
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy View Post
Nope... not at NAMM. No new hardware....
Old 12th January 2007
Lives for gear

For the love of god, please stop propogating these rumors. Unless you've phyiscally seen the piece of hardware, or been able to put in an order from Digi or something, it's just a rumor.

Digidesign will NOT:

- Cut into their HD sales
- Give up all features that make HD well worth every penny
- Try to play keep-up with other platforms for price

This means, no giving away Digitranslator, unlimited track counts, unlimited hardware expandability, surround, ADC w/hardware, etc....

Digidesign makes this stuff for a few reasons (and it's not for you, it's for their benefit)

1) To get people hooked on Protools so they WILL buy HD eventually
2) To lower their breakeven point for R&D put into HD.

It's the same reason that BMW makes a 318. It's not their best car. They aren't going to give away an M5 engine in it for free, and it's not meant to be perfect. It's mean to be a marketing building block towards you buying an M series, 6 series, or 7 series car. They know that many people who buy a BMW when they are younger, purchase a more expensive one later on. It's easier and cheaper to keep a buyer (client) than to get a new one. And the easiest way for Digi to get client initially (which they intend to hook and keep!) is to have lower priced entry products to entice you into getting the good ones.

If you think you really need the features that HD has, then go buy it. If you really need those features then it's a good business idea, and you should be able to make the money back rather quickly and profit on it. If you can't profit on it, then you probably didn't need it. Your business needs are based on what will make you profit. If it's not going to make you profit, then you don't need it. It's a want, which has little place in business (or at least from a profit standpoint.

So please people, stop posting rumors. Most of the time they aren't true anymore than stupid ones in grade school were, and they make you look like you are in grade school. If there's a new digi product, it will be posted in the New Products page i'm sure. Talk about it then, or if you happen to see it yourself at NAMM. And don't expect digi to change their whole marketing strategy in order to make you happy. They are a publically traded company. It's not happening. Maybe if you're on their board or a major investor in AVID....
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon View Post
For the love of god, please stop propogating these rumors. Unless you've phyiscally seen the piece of hardware, or been able to put in an order from Digi or something, it's just a rumor.

Digidesign will NOT:

- Cut into their HD sales
- Give up all features that make HD well worth every penny
- Try to play keep-up with other platforms for price

This means, no giving away Digitranslator, unlimited track counts, unlimited hardware expandability, surround, ADC w/hardware, etc....

Digidesign makes this stuff for a few reasons (and it's not for you, it's for their benefit)

1) To get people hooked on Protools so they WILL buy HD eventually
2) To lower their breakeven point for R&D put into HD.

It's the same reason that BMW makes a 318. It's not their best car. They aren't going to give away an M5 engine in it for free, and it's not meant to be perfect. It's mean to be a marketing building block towards you buying an M series, 6 series, or 7 series car. They know that many people who buy a BMW when they are younger, purchase a more expensive one later on. It's easier and cheaper to keep a buyer (client) than to get a new one. And the easiest way for Digi to get client initially (which they intend to hook and keep!) is to have lower priced entry products to entice you into getting the good ones.

If you think you really need the features that HD has, then go buy it. If you really need those features then it's a good business idea, and you should be able to make the money back rather quickly and profit on it. If you can't profit on it, then you probably didn't need it. Your business needs are based on what will make you profit. If it's not going to make you profit, then you don't need it. It's a want, which has little place in business (or at least from a profit standpoint.

So please people, stop posting rumors. Most of the time they aren't true anymore than stupid ones in grade school were, and they make you look like you are in grade school. If there's a new digi product, it will be posted in the New Products page i'm sure. Talk about it then, or if you happen to see it yourself at NAMM. And don't expect digi to change their whole marketing strategy in order to make you happy. They are a publically traded company. It's not happening. Maybe if you're on their board or a major investor in AVID....
This was coming from a reliable source.

Lots of software though.

Also speculation of a 003 $4995 price tag, TDM sort of go between.

We shall see.
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Oh and I do not mind sounding like a grade school student.

Thank you!

My predictions not for Digi have been:

Sun will use AMD, they do.
Apple will go X86, they did.
Rambus will come crashing down (it did).
The Red Sox would win 2004 WS, they did.
Brought Tascam and Sibelius together at one time.
Got Garratien involved with marching bands.
Got Paul Gilreath into Tascam Breakfast, (NAMM) as well as got him all the latest giga3 photos...

and this is not including my credits, but still, I take that as a compliment....
toot toot

:-)

Peace my friend!
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by composer View Post
Perhaps the 002 will have better preamps,

thats thing has micpre's in it

for every 8-15(est) people who buy a 002, someone buys $12,000-18,000 worth of HD.

where is digi making its money?

why f that up, its such a great rackett, and hey, IMO the HD product is great, so if you need it, you shouldnt have any reservations about buying it, again, IF YOU NEED IT.

but no one NEEDS an expensive 002....if they did m they would know that the HD System is a better solution.
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
why f that up, its such a great rackett
I think because the 002 system is really long in the tooth. So the bate and switch thing is on it's last legs.
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh and I do not mind sounding like a grade school student.

Thank you!

My predictions not for Digi have been:

Sun will use AMD, they do.
Apple will go X86, they did.
Rambus will come crashing down (it did).
The Red Sox would win 2004 WS, they did.
Brought Tascam and Sibelius together at one time.
Got Garratien involved with marching bands.
Got Paul Gilreath into Tascam Breakfast, (NAMM) as well as got him all the latest giga3 photos...

and this is not including my credits, but still, I take that as a compliment....
toot toot

:-)

Peace my friend!
Word!
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

I don't get the reason why people with project studios would want more than a used m-box so they can use pro tools. Why record with pro tools LE systems when you can have better ?
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkyer View Post
I don't get the reason why people with project studios would want more than a used m-box so they can use pro tools. Why record with pro tools LE systems when you can have better ?
oh no you didnt!
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
oh no you didnt!
You know what really grinds my gears ?
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

Couldn't this have been posted in one your OTHER threads on the same subject?

Do you lay awake at night thinking about this stuff?
Old 2nd March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improv View Post
Couldn't this have been posted in one your OTHER threads on the same subject?

Do you lay awake at night thinking about this stuff?
Yes, and now it looks like Digi has with its 003.

Any other questions?
Old 2nd March 2007
Gear nut

Yes, but my money's still on an 003 Pro with some of the features everyone's requesting. Would have been a bad move to take the 003 into $4000 range, just to make everyone happy with the features, but with the Pro they could do it.
Old 2nd March 2007
Jsx
Gear maniac

Quote:

Any other questions?
You claimed that a Digi002 "Pro" would be released at NAMM, then claimed that if the 003 were released it would be $4995.

Instead, the 003 is released a month and a half after NAMM and with the same price tag as the 002, a solid $2,800 less than your prediction.

What exactly are you trying to brag about by bumping this month old thread?
Old 2nd March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Any other questions?
You da prophet...
Old 3rd March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Any other questions?
I have a question...who was the 'reliable' source...yikes!!! I think they would've been more accurate in predicting that digi was coming out with an LE hovercraft lol
Old 3rd March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improv View Post
You da prophet...
I predict tomorrow will be Sunday. I'm a prophet too!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search