New Reply
Subscribe
dylanfitzgerald
4th September 2013
Old 4th September 2013
Gear Head

PT 11 technical issues, all above my head

Hello all,

Haven't opened up PT on my computer in months, but I'm getting close to recording something and i wanted to flesh it out in PT (going to be recorded on tape in a studio)

Well, i was offered a free download since i bought the student version of 10 last year. After the installation was complete i opened it up and everything seemed fine.

Now when i open 11 i get this message:

I don't have the slightest idea what that means. I went back to 10 but every time i record enable a track i get the worst screeching feedback, with the monitors turned off, go figure.

Anyway i worried it was the hardware (just a little 2 channel Focusrite interface, some cheap mikes. RAn every different combination of cable/ mike i had, still feeding back.

I open Logic Express 9, and while my computer is moving at practically a crawl, it opens and records a clean signal-- so i suppose hardware is not the issue.

My computer is a:
--2011 MacBook Pro 13 inch
--2.7 GHz dual core Intel Core i7 processor / 4 MB shared level 3 cache
--4 GB of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
-- Co install of Pro Tools 11.0 and 10.0 (had 10.3 something but i did a clean uninstall to recalibrate things)
--Rarely to never use plug ins, just what comes ITB and the Massey Demo pack.

Thank you for your time.
---Dylan
4th September 2013
Old 4th September 2013
Lives for gear

Try going through the regular troubleshooting and see if the issue persists. If it does, try a uninstall/install/update process.

As for the PT10 problem it sounds like there's some funky routing going on. Are you sure you haven't set the input of the track to the same bus it's set to output to?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search