Reason 7 not showing in Pro Tools 11
New Reply
Subscribe
DanielPapak
3rd September 2013
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear interested

Reason 7 not showing in Pro Tools 11

Hi guys. Long time reader but I've just signed up now to post for the first time because I can't for the life of me find an answer to this on either these forums or indeed the entire net.

I am running both Pro Tool 11 and Reason 7 on Mac OS X. Both work flawlessly as standalone applications in 64 bit yet when I try to rewire them I get no love.

I create a strereo Aux channel (or instrument channel) in Pro Tools, then go Inserts > Multi-Channel Plugins > Instrument, the only thing that shows is Waves Rewire, no Reason.

I've reinstalled both programs fresh so I'm really at a loss. If I manually open Reason while Pro Tools 11 is open I don't get any sound and can't press play as it recognises that it's in Rewire mode but it's obviously not working and I can't control it from PT because there is no actual Rewire option.

Any clues at all would be amazing. I've tried holding down shift when starting PT as I read that it forces the system to rescan for plugins but absolutely nothing happens when I hold down shift.

Thanks in advance!
3rd September 2013
Old 3rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Rewire only works on 32 bit version of reason.
DanielPapak
3rd September 2013
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear interested

You sure? I triple checked that before purchasing...

From the Propellerhead FAQ

Reason 7 FAQ - Propellerhead

Q: Is ReWire 64-bit too?
A: Just as the current versions of Reason and Reason Essentials, ReWire is 64-bit too. Note that 64-bit ReWire needs to be implemented in both the slave application (Reason, Reason Essentials) and your host. Please contact the manufacturer of your ReWire host of choice for compatibility information.
DanielPapak
3rd September 2013
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear interested

As an update. I have seen this workaround:

The problem I had with Reason 7 not showing up in Pro Tools 11 was solved by simply deleting the "InstalledAAXPlugIns" file.

On OS X, that file is located here:

<your user>/Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools

Once I deleted that file, and then launched Pro Tools 11 again, Pro Tools did a full rescan of all the installed plugins and then it finally saw that Reason 7 was installed. It seems to be a bug in Pro Tools 11 regarding the use of Rewire.

Unfortunately for me, in preferences there is no folder called Avid.

If I use spotlight to search for the file ("InstalledAAXPlugIns") that needs to be deleted, nothing shows up either.
3rd September 2013
Old 3rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Ah cool they fixed that. My bad. Im still on 6
DanielPapak
3rd September 2013
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear interested

Hmmm just got home from work, installed both on my Win8 PC and they work flawless.

Looks like I might just have to reformat the Mac which should be fun considering I'm such a dunce with Macs. If anyone does have any tips though as far as deleting that elusive file I'd love to hear still!
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear interested

Music computers are likely nice and entertainer
30th November 2013
Old 30th November 2013
Gear Head

Just wanted to chime in and confirm that this worked for me. In my case, Reason 6.5 with PT11 - Mac OS 10.8.5. Had to Google the procedure to show the hidden user library folder (one line of code in Terminal) but after trashing the "InstalledAAXPlugIns" file and restarting PT11 the Reason ReWire plug-in appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPapak View Post
As an update. I have seen this workaround:

The problem I had with Reason 7 not showing up in Pro Tools 11 was solved by simply deleting the "InstalledAAXPlugIns" file.

On OS X, that file is located here:

<your user>/Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools

Once I deleted that file, and then launched Pro Tools 11 again, Pro Tools did a full rescan of all the installed plugins and then it finally saw that Reason 7 was installed. It seems to be a bug in Pro Tools 11 regarding the use of Rewire.

Unfortunately for me, in preferences there is no folder called Avid.

If I use spotlight to search for the file ("InstalledAAXPlugIns") that needs to be deleted, nothing shows up either.

Last edited by Loud Neighbor; 30th November 2013 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: typo
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search