OTHER OPTIONS FOR USING PRO TOOLS 11 or HD 11 WITH NON-AVID HARDWARE
New Reply
Subscribe
Mystic Muse
6th July 2013
Old 6th July 2013
Gear nut

OTHER OPTIONS FOR USING PRO TOOLS 11 or HD 11 WITH NON-AVID HARDWARE

Okay so I have a 16x16 avid i/o. However I was thinking to expand I/O options and improve A/D/A converters and word clock how about this

Antelope Orion > SSL Delta Link (MADI) > HD Native PCIe Card > PT HD 11

OR

Antelope Orion > RME MADI PCIe Card > PRO TOOLS 11 (NO HD)

OR EVEN

Antelope Orion > USB connectivity > PT 11

keep in mind I will always use PT. And I will start to expand my OTB gear (vitalizer, SPL's stuff, more 500 series stuff, old comp's, mic pre's for a passive summing mixer ??? good idea??, and lastly a BRICASTI. if ever)

64 million dollar question - IS THERE ANY REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PT 11 and PT HD 11? I mean real differences? besides the metering changes which I don't give a rats ass about. I am talking about quality overall and NO I don't need 300 tracks I use just about 7-12 total in my sessions. I have been thinking about selling my whole Avid I/O / Avid HD Software License / Avid HD Native Card and going third party i.e. SSL Alpha Link OR better yet the Antelope Orion and using regular PT 11. I know it sounds insane but I really would love to ditch avid's hardware. Besides the Orion is just too sexy to pass up.

There is also the SSL Alpha Link MADI Interface. Either way If I sold my HD Native PCIe Card I would be using either an SSL MADI PCIe Card or an RME MADI PCIe Card.

there is so much I do not know about this stuff. it humbles me. oh and SSL doesn't go up to 192k and I don't even know if in PT HD 11 it would show up at all. Besides there are kind of old which is why I am steering more towards the Antelope Orion. I would have so many I/O's of course I know I could always use a patch bay but anyway any advice?

thanks

Last edited by Mystic Muse; 6th July 2013 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: not important
6th July 2013
Old 6th July 2013
Lives for gear

From what I have heard from people on the forums, the Orion would be a downgrade, converter-wise, from the HD IO. Not that it's bad, just not super special.
6th July 2013
Old 6th July 2013
Lives for gear

The Avid HD I/O box is great. That with he Native card, done.

That's what I run (along with a 96I/O for extra I/O when needed) and it's a great, stable setup, made even more so with 11 now.
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Gear Head

I've sold my HD-native to use SSL Madi with delta link and Mytek.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search