Offline Render
New Reply
Subscribe
Lawrence
5th July 2013
Old 5th July 2013
Lives for gear

Offline Render

You guys might want to test this on your system(s). I posted my results on the DUC so AVID could look at it, simple mute automation not being captured in bounces.

The really ironic thing here in a comparative test is that it's the realtime render who's timing is off, not the offline render. But the mute automation is not working for either. That pink track between them is the kick drum track placed there to check the alignment of the bounced files.

Additionally, I did offline realtime and record realtime of the same single string note and got 3 different results, placements, one result actually louder than the other two. In order, green is offline bounce, purple is realtime bounce, red is realtime recording back through a bus. The last one - the realtime print through the bus - is the only one that looks accurate.

The mute automation worked this time, on the instrument track.

The timing differences between the 3 prints are pretty big.

7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Delay comp?
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

you really think that someone doing this test is going to forget to turn ADC?

Yes Offline bounce in PT is not working as it should here either
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Yikes... No bueno!
Lawrence
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesH View Post
Delay comp?
It was on but it wouldn't matter either way if the timing of the 3 prints from the same state (on or off) were in 3 different positions. In any case they should always be the same. The third one (realtime record back to a new track) is the timing I hear on playback and both bounces were at different timings from that.

Anyway, I only posted this so people can test it for themselves. It may not do that on yours or others systems and drivers, no clue, but I always test this in any workstation.

So the way to test this is to manually record a VI track back to a new track, and then bounce the same track offline and realtime. If everything is working they should all have identical placement on the timeline.

At any rate, this only happens with instruments here, not bouncing audio tracks.
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by passmore View Post
you really think that someone doing this test is going to forget to turn ADC?
Probably not, and the main reason I asked was to know whether it affected the results.
8th July 2013
Old 8th July 2013
Gear maniac

I've been doing plenty of offline bounce here without any of these problems. The only timing issue I have noticed is that midi instruments seem to be 1 sample early when bounced, and if you try to bounce a midi region on an instrument track that is starting right on the grid line where you start the bounce, the first midi note is sometimes missed, so you need to give your region a bit of "pre-roll" when offline bouncing.

These timing issues that you are experiencing as far as I can tell are not being reported by the vast majority of users, so I wonder if there is some system specific issue here? Have you tried restarting, reinstalling, trashing prefs etc? In your IO window do you have things like "compensate for output delays after record" checked?
8th July 2013
Old 8th July 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
I've been doing plenty of offline bounce here without any of these problems. The only timing issue I have noticed is that midi instruments seem to be 1 sample early when bounced, and if you try to bounce a midi region on an instrument track that is starting right on the grid line where you start the bounce, the first midi note is sometimes missed, so you need to give your region a bit of "pre-roll" when offline bouncing.

These timing issues that you are experiencing as far as I can tell are not being reported by the vast majority of users, so I wonder if there is some system specific issue here? Have you tried restarting, reinstalling, trashing prefs etc? In your IO window do you have things like "compensate for output delays after record" checked?
for HD hardware only...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search