A problem with Tascam US-2400 and Pro Tools 10
Old 16th January 2014
Gear interested

A problem with Tascam US-2400 and Pro Tools 10

Hey guys!
First off, it's [tascam us 2400] a very cool daw controller working with cubase/nuendo perfectly.
But when I try to use it in pro tools controller just goes crazy! All light start flashing in random sequence from left to right and again just like a Christmas tree and very, very long response - if I move a fader, or press a button, or turn a knob protools will respond after 2-3 seconds - it's very annoying!

I've started to dig out the problem, read forums ect.

Found some way to solve it -
1) Download latest HUI.dll from avid site;
2) Delete usb hub driver, restart and instal this driver automatically.

Ok, done, but nothing's changed..

And curious thing I've found:
When I set just one midi port in Pro Tools Controllers setup:
http://imageshack.com/a/img812/2893/9e39.jpg
board works perfectly! (of course first port it's just first 8 faders and transport controls), but if I add even one more port - then all issues occurring again.

I guess it's probably HUI issue but how can I fix it?..

VERY appreciate any help!
Old 17th January 2014
Gear interested

bump..
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Head

Is it going through a USB hub? or directly into a USB port? (If so try plugging it straight into a usb port instead of going through the hub and see what happens)
Also what version of windows are you running?

Here's one thing you can try:
•Right-click on the Pro Tools icon on your desktop.
•Choose Properties.
•Click on the Compatibility tab.
•Check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator."
•Click Apply and then OK.
Old 17th January 2014
Gear interested

I plug it straight into PC usb port.
I've done what you've written and, as usual, launch pro tools with "right click -> run as administrator" thing, but nothing.. the problem still occurs.

PC parameters:
AMD Athlon II X3 445 triple core processor,
3 GB DD3 of RAM,
NVidia GeForce GT420 2Gb video card,
System is Win 7 x64 Professional.

Maybe RAM is not enough? and that causes the problem?
Everything's fine with Cubase and Nuendo, but pro tools eats alot more RAM..
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith View Post
Found some way to solve it -
1) Download latest HUI.dll from avid site;
2) Delete usb hub driver, restart and instal this driver automatically.
The HUI driver is installed by default, I think this is for much older versions of Pro Tools. I'd recommend doing a clean install in Pro Tools, and don't mess with the files after (this probably won't solve the issue but could be adding to it).

The US-2400 does have 5 different emulation modes, do you know if you set it to "HUI emulation" which is the one for use with Pro Tools? If it works well with Cubase then it could very well be in "Mackie Control" mode, and that could be causing your issues.

The last thing I've heard of working is to actually plug it through either your monitors USB ports, or if you don't have that option then a powered USB hub. Not sure why that would actually work but people have reported that it supposedly does.
Old 18th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoprionv View Post
The HUI driver is installed by default, I think this is for much older versions of Pro Tools. I'd recommend doing a clean install in Pro Tools, and don't mess with the files after (this probably won't solve the issue but could be adding to it).

The US-2400 does have 5 different emulation modes, do you know if you set it to "HUI emulation" which is the one for use with Pro Tools? If it works well with Cubase then it could very well be in "Mackie Control" mode, and that could be causing your issues.

The last thing I've heard of working is to actually plug it through either your monitors USB ports, or if you don't have that option then a powered USB hub. Not sure why that would actually work but people have reported that it supposedly does.
I hadn't any Huil.dll in /ProTools/DAE/Controllers folder when I installed pro tools. I've downloaded it from avid site, so I guess it's a latest version.

Yep, for pro tools I switch controller into "HUI emulation" mode by pressing SEL+1+power on it. (For Cubase/Nuendo ("Mackie Control" mode) I press SEL+5+power).
There is guide for setting controller up with PT at Tascam site:
http://tascam.com/content/downloads/...2400_tn_pt.pdf

Gotta try it with powered hub.
And also I try to re-instal protools and try it on clean version.
Old 18th January 2014
Gear Head

Alright, this is probably the first question I should have asked:

Are you using Pro Tools Express, or the full version of Pro Tools?

Secondly... Do you have Pro Tools installed on the same drive as Windows, or on a different drive? If you have it on a different drive, try installing it on the same drive as Windows, that actually may solve the issue.

Quote:
I hadn't any Huil.dll in /ProTools/DAE/Controllers folder when I installed pro tools. I've downloaded it from avid site, so I guess it's a latest version.
Again, that's for older versions, I believe hui.dll is now just named hwc.dll, but like I said probably doesn't make a difference.
Old 21st January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Alright, this is probably the first question I should have asked:

Are you using Pro Tools Express, or the full version of Pro Tools?

Secondly... Do you have Pro Tools installed on the same drive as Windows, or on a different drive? If you have it on a different drive, try installing it on the same drive as Windows, that actually may solve the issue.

Again, that's for older versions, I believe hui.dll is now just named hwc.dll, but like I said probably doesn't make a difference.
I use a full version.
Yep, it's installed on the same drive as windows. C:\program files(x86)\avid\pro tools.
Thanks for hwc.dll - I didnt know thay they've renamed it, I'll try this one.
Old 21st January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
I use a full version.
Yep, it's installed on the same drive as windows. C:\program files(x86)\avid\pro tools.
Thanks for hwc.dll - I didnt know thay they've renamed it, I'll try this one.
I'm all out of ideas then, best of luck...
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
I'm all out of ideas then, best of luck...
Oh, me either..
I'll try make some tricks but I almost lost a hope
Anyway thank you man!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search