Pro Tools HD/HDX!!!!
Guitfiddle
2nd September 2013
Old 2nd September 2013
Gear addict

Pro Tools HD/HDX!!!!

I just purchased an analog console and I am tired of playing the converter DAW game since analog to ADATs to converter DAW setups. I just want it to work with no work arounds! Looked at Apogee's newer Symphony I/O offering and leaning towards a Pro Tools rig! Things have changed so much that I haven't a clue what would be the best solution for me, I just want to write and work and forget about technology! I seriously read Gearslutz for many hours and still feel like it didn't help. I just built a new i7 PC with 32 gigs of ram. I have the pc system, I am building a new place soon, then I will outfit this studio with the right DAW system! I will be using another computer for VI's going into the analog console. This is my plan...can't wait for construction to start, still in the designing stages...

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Guitfiddle
5th September 2013
Old 5th September 2013
Gear addict

Anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
7th September 2013
Old 7th September 2013
Lives for gear

Get a used ProTools HD system with version 10 software. They are going pretty cheap these days, are the benchmark for just-bloody-works, hassle free computer recording.

They still work as well today as they ever did, and will continue to do so for many years to come.

I would hazard a guess that such a system would be more than powerful and flexible enough for you.

Get a professional DAW computer builder to build a kick ass machine for you, specifically for the PT HD system, get them to set the whole damn thing up for you, and get down to making music.

Job done. Enjoy.
Guitfiddle
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear addict

Hey thanks, I was looking into the used system. I built a kick ass PC system just recently. Thanks
12th September 2013
Old 12th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitfiddle View Post
Hey thanks, I was looking into the used system. I built a kick ass PC system just recently. Thanks
Pro Tools HD is very picky about which PC components it likes, and may not be so stable when used without an Avid approved PC (or Mac).
Guitfiddle
13th October 2013
Old 13th October 2013
Gear addict

Yes, I have done my research on the pc build. It is compatible with a few systems I have used. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SCH-I545
17th October 2013
Old 17th October 2013
Gear interested

Where did you get the information which PC components to pick for PT11?

Thanks and best regards,
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search