HDX I/O maxed out?
New Reply
Subscribe
Braintastic
1st September 2013
Old 1st September 2013
Gear interested

HDX I/O maxed out?

Does anyone have a clear answer for how each HDX card allocates for its maximum 64 channels of I/O? I have 2xHDX, 4 Lynx Aurora 16 LTHD and 5 blue 192. The HDX 1 is Lynx 1,2 handling all the "money" pres 16ch, 16 ch summing, 16 ch HW insert (32) for 64 channels. HDX 2 is Lynx 3,4 with 32 Digi Pre(I know....the Aurora helps them a ton), and another 32 of various outputs, (hp's, sends to nowhere,etc). That makes for another 64. Lastly I am only using 1 192 w/extra dig card currently to handle 10 ch of aes. 8 on a fan and 2ch on the enclosure.

I've had instances where I see input hitting the convertors but not making it to the session itself. So the questions are: can I only have 32 in 32 out per card or any combination? Does simply having channels set in the I/O matrix, regardless if they are actually sending or receiving signal, count against my total usage or is it what is actually being used.

Thanks!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search