Subscribe
sunland records
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear nut

Pro Tools 10.3.4 is here

Pro Tools Updates

Issues Resolved in Pro Tools 10.3.4

On Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), when editing automation, clip gain, or non-note MIDI data, the current value is displayed in a small box immediately upon first mouse click. (PTSW-170014)

The Start Time field in the Edit and Transport windows now correctly accepts direct numerical entry. (PTSW-170975)

Audio files can be now be exported as MXF. (PTSW-176177)

Pro Tools now stops playback of an Edit window selection on the exact last sample of a selection. (PTSW-168043)

Automation breakpoints selected in the Edit window can be nudged using key commands. (PTSW-174358)

Automation editing improvements when trimming regions over each other. (PTSW-177435)

Glide commands now work as described in the Pro Tools Reference Guide. (PTSW-174715, PTSW-177859)

Automation breakpoints are no longer incorrectly deleted during sample rate conversion. (PTSW-174707)

MIDI Time Code (MTC) is now correctly received by Pro Tools. (PTSW-174898)

With Pro Tools HDX, mute states work as expected after scrubbing. (PTSW-172240)

On HDX systems with 3 HDX cards, system delays are properly updated after a sample rate change. (PTSW-169477)

With the AudioSuite version of the Fairchild 670 plug-in, when previewing in mono mode, the right channel now plays audio. (PTSW-173018)

An error resulting in an “FF_PacketStream” dialog when doing a time base conversion (ticks to/from samples) of an Elastic Audio track is fixed. (PTSW-173167)

Rhythmic algorithm accuracy improved when extreme compression/expansion settings exist on an Elastic Audio track.
(PTSW-177009)

When using drag and drop to import audio, if a cloned audio file (one duplicated outside of Pro Tools) is imported, an alert is posted which gives a choice between restamping a Unique ID to the clone, or redirecting to the original file. (PTSW-163654)

Removed an unnecessary Unique ID stamping dialog when making a copy of a file using the Import Audio command.

Timeline disk caching trigger is improved. (PTSW-176778)
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

I finally took the plunge last night and upgraded my Mac Pro from OSX Lion to Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I also upgraded from PT HD 10.2 to PT HD 10.3.4.

I ran an 8 hour session last night with no problems what so ever. The only thing I did notice that changed was that there wasn't an i/o path automatically set up in the workspace when trying to audition samples. However, this was easily resolved by going into the Set Up menu and selecting an i/o path for auditioning samples in the workspace.

Fingers crossed, all working well here and I'm now in the process of updating my Macbook Pro native rig.
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
I finally took the plunge last night and upgraded my Mac Pro from OSX Lion to Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I also upgraded from PT HD 10.2 to PT HD 10.3.4.

I ran an 8 hour session last night with no problems what so ever. The only thing I did notice that changed was that there wasn't an i/o path automatically set up in the workspace when trying to audition samples. However, this was easily resolved by going into the Set Up menu and selecting an i/o path for auditioning samples in the workspace.

Fingers crossed, all working well here and I'm now in the process of updating my Macbook Pro native rig.
Are you running HDX or old TDM cards? I am considering upgrading but am running a HD4 in a Magma chassis and don't plan to got HDX.

www.giantwafer.com
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTed View Post
Are you running HDX or old TDM cards? I am considering upgrading but am running a HD4 in a Magma chassis and don't plan to got HDX.
I'm on HD Native. I don't do a lot of tracking so HD Native is perfect for my needs.
sunland records
16th March 2013
Old 16th March 2013
Gear nut

I installed it two days ago, had a recording session yesterday and didn't notice any problems, except for one "out of CPU" error when clearly there was a lot of processing power left. Otherwise it felt very stable.
17th March 2013
Old 17th March 2013
Lives for gear

funny, i had one of those errors yesterday that stopped recording ... no sign of any issue at all ... CPU error ... i was running a session at 21% ... this is on 10.3.3 ... i will test 10.3.4 thank s for the heads up
sunland records
17th March 2013
Old 17th March 2013
Gear nut

Pro Tools crashed on me ("Pro Tools quit unexpectedly") yesterday after transforming a recording session into a mixing session, but soon after my Hackintosh froze so I don't know if this was PC related or a Pro Tools issue, so I wouldn't attach importance to this.
sunland records
17th March 2013
Old 17th March 2013
Gear nut

Oh, and I noticed that the "random channel not playing" bug hasn't been fixed yet...
18th March 2013
Old 18th March 2013
Gear Head

Does anybody know if the plugin menu still transfers your keystrokes to the edit/mix window? That bug has been keeping me from upgrading from 10.2.
sunland records
18th March 2013
Old 18th March 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmckaygibson View Post
Does anybody know if the plugin menu still transfers your keystrokes to the edit/mix window? That bug has been keeping me from upgrading from 10.2.
What do you mean? I noticed that open plug-ins (in focus?) keep shortcuts from coming through to Pro Tools, like Clip Gain or Resize Windows. I think this has already been an issue with Pro Tools 9 though.
5th April 2013
Old 5th April 2013
Sub-Dude

Installed 10.3.4 and nothing but problems. All the tracks in the mix window are now grey, constant CPU overloads with barely anything running. The more I try to fix it the worse it gets. I have reloaded it numerous times. Nothing doing.

Can't imagine why the whole program is different and non functional but that is what the upgrade did for me.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search