Subscribe
carrots68
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Gear interested

Send a message via Skype™ to carrots68
Best Audio Interface

Hi There

I want to get a Audio interface and the Motu Ultra-lite mk3 hybrid looks like what I want or the Fast Track c600 or Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 but I am not sure !! so would be grateful for anyone's opinion on this please ?

Ive looked at the Avid Pro Tools MP & Fast Track C600 as well and the Avid Pro Tools + Mbox Pro (Including PT10. but the Mbox is Expensive. I notice that the MBOX only users Fire wire ? I only have 1 usb 2 and 2 usb 3 ports.

I want to be able to stream stuff out and in and use Midi and want at least 4 ins and 6 outs for the ESI and Rolands, Can anyone HELP PLEASE ?

Also I want to record and mx and lay tracks down so I can see and edit etc so I guess the software on the MOTU does this but is it any good ? Im a bit Grey on this but I guess pro tools is better ?

Maybe I would be better waiting for Motu to come out with a USB 3 as this is 10 times quicker ive read.

kit list is

Lap Top HP Windows 8, 64 bit I-5-3210, 6 Gig Memory,2.50 GHz Processor
EMU ESI 4000 Turbo sampler
Roland MC 505 Drum Machine
Alto ZMX 122 8 Channel Mixer
2 Yamaha HS80M Speakers
Roland MC 909
Some decks and other Units Reverb
Need to get a good controller keyboard ?

I would really like some help as ive looked at this site and bought the HS80 and glad I did. PLEASE HELP I have saved up a long time for this gear.

Thanks Mark
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Gear Head

I have the Focusrite 18i6 and couldn't be happier! The mixer/patch driver software makes routing a breeze. The low latency monitoring works great and it has direct monitoring as well. The Adat inputs make future expand ability an option. Best bang for your buck IMOP!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search