Best Audio Interface
Old 28th February 2013
Gear interested

Best Audio Interface

Hi There

I want to get a Audio interface and the Motu Ultra-lite mk3 hybrid looks like what I want or the Fast Track c600 or Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 but I am not sure !! so would be grateful for anyone's opinion on this please ?

Ive looked at the Avid Pro Tools MP & Fast Track C600 as well and the Avid Pro Tools + Mbox Pro (Including PT10. but the Mbox is Expensive. I notice that the MBOX only users Fire wire ? I only have 1 usb 2 and 2 usb 3 ports.

I want to be able to stream stuff out and in and use Midi and want at least 4 ins and 6 outs for the ESI and Rolands, Can anyone HELP PLEASE ?

Also I want to record and mx and lay tracks down so I can see and edit etc so I guess the software on the MOTU does this but is it any good ? Im a bit Grey on this but I guess pro tools is better ?

Maybe I would be better waiting for Motu to come out with a USB 3 as this is 10 times quicker ive read.

kit list is

Lap Top HP Windows 8, 64 bit I-5-3210, 6 Gig Memory,2.50 GHz Processor
EMU ESI 4000 Turbo sampler
Roland MC 505 Drum Machine
Alto ZMX 122 8 Channel Mixer
2 Yamaha HS80M Speakers
Roland MC 909
Some decks and other Units Reverb
Need to get a good controller keyboard ?

I would really like some help as ive looked at this site and bought the HS80 and glad I did. PLEASE HELP I have saved up a long time for this gear.

Thanks Mark
Old 28th February 2013
Gear Head

I have the Focusrite 18i6 and couldn't be happier! The mixer/patch driver software makes routing a breeze. The low latency monitoring works great and it has direct monitoring as well. The Adat inputs make future expand ability an option. Best bang for your buck IMOP!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search