Insane latency on Presonus AudioBox USB
yeahmkd
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear interested

Insane latency on Presonus AudioBox USB

Hey Everyone, I have a PreSonus Audiobox USB. Really cheap interface that my friend gave me because he got a new one. I'm trying to get it to work with pro tools. Here's the problem I'm having. In order to get sound out of my speakers (using computer speakers plugged in through headphones) to playback any audio whatsoever, I need to go into the interface settings and change it to relaxed. What this does is causes my HW buffer size to go to 1024. Once its there, I have no way of changing it. Setting it to a higher setting in the interfaces settings causes me to have no playback sound whatsoever. It will still recognize there is an input and when I play through Eleven free, it is able to record my guitar.

The problem that this is causing is that my output latency is something like 83ms. This makes it extremely hard to track. I with this being the case however, I am able to hear playback on these settings.

With all this said, I'm fairly new to pro tools. I've been using the interface with Ableton flawlessly for the past month since I got it. No need to change the interface settings to be that low of a buffer size. So I would assume there is a really easy way to fix this, but I have no idea.

My computer specs are as follows.

Windows 7 64bit
i7 920
8gb ram
1tb western digital black HDD.

I would assume that's all the pertinent information. If I need to supply more info, ill be more than willing. I have no "need" to get this working, I just wanna be able to record at home for fun.

Thanks everyone :D
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search