Disturbing latency in HDX at 48k
Kae
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
Gear nut

Disturbing latency in HDX at 48k

Hi there,
It's all in the title basically. I usually record at 96k with absolutely no latency (well close to none at least), but upon trying to record a session at 48k I get this weird latency well I can't track anything without being disturbed by it. Buffer is at the lowest setting, all plugins bypassed, no aux... Is it normal to get such high latency at this sample ? I am kind of new to DSP bases system, so I might be doing something wrong. Any input would be well appreciated.
Kae
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Gear nut

Oooh loneliness
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Gear Head

Well, cant help since i'm still on HD3 accel and dont have HDX yet but no, this is not normal.
Must be something in your session / routing?

Luc
Kae
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Gear nut

Well I did check the routing, but can't find anything, I Wwas hoping someone could tive me a few pointers as to where to look. Luc tu parles fran├žais ?
3rd April 2012
Old 3rd April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
Luc tu parles fran├žais ?
Oui!!!!

Do you have some plugins on your Aux or some native plugins enable on a track?

Do you have delay compensation on?

All the times it hapened to me with PT HD, it was because of this. I forgot a native plugin introducing latency somewhere...

Or having a TDM plugin with big latency on an aux...

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Luc
3rd April 2012
Old 3rd April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Hi there,
It's all in the title basically. I usually record at 96k with absolutely no latency (well close to none at least), but upon trying to record a session at 48k I get this weird latency well I can't track anything without being disturbed by it. Buffer is at the lowest setting, all plugins bypassed, no aux... Is it normal to get such high latency at this sample ? I am kind of new to DSP bases system, so I might be doing something wrong. Any input would be well appreciated.
I am taking a stab in the dark here,but I have seen this on HDX rigs...check your playback engine and make sure HDX is selected,it may be on core audio.

just a guess
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

What converters are you using ?

As I just got HDX and changing the buffer size does not seem to effect the latency here . It seems to be zero latency for everything I have tried so far .

I'm using HD I/O's .

Brett
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Gear nut

I've had this issue and delay comp settings with a particular native plugin was the culprit
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Gear nut

***meant to say rtas plugin
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
all plugins bypassed
Just by-passed or actually disabled? That isn't the same thing.

Alistair
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett 123 View Post
What converters are you using ?

As I just got HDX and changing the buffer size does not seem to effect the latency here . It seems to be zero latency for everything I have tried so far .

I'm using HD I/O's .

Brett
this is my experience...I have full mix sessions happening, busses flying plugs everywhere highest buffer setting

pop a track into record...ZERO latency.....ZERO

its so good I've stopped thinking about buying a split and little headphone console.

I would also check that HDX is happening

also your delay compensation is on and at max

and make sure you aren;t routing your record track to a buss with plugs on it...it should be routed to an output only.

did you try shutting down and opening back up?
Kae
6th April 2012
Old 6th April 2012
Gear nut

Well bypassed actually. So you're saying that if I disable it it should be fine ? i'll try that.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search