Login / Register

trying something new. let's get a little chill.
New Reply
Subscribe
poozer
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear interested

trying something new. let's get a little chill.

yohuna | deimos phobos

Thanks. Working on a full album in this vein if it sounds alright. The mastering/ production side of things is my weakest area right now I think. Is the mix aright?
11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Head

Panning the bass and snare are certainly unconventional ways of working. Is this your intention? It tends to leave the listener feeling a little lop-sided, and when playing back in a bar or club you might find one side of the room missing bass or snare. The vocals have alot of cool effects on them but there are random shreaks on the esses from all the processing that hit in (maybe 10k?).

Nice vibe though. Dig the groove.
11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by twarrenl View Post
Panning the bass and snare are certainly unconventional ways of working. Is this your intention? It tends to leave the listener feeling a little lop-sided, and when playing back in a bar or club you might find one side of the room missing bass or snare. The vocals have alot of cool effects on them but there are random shreaks on the esses from all the processing that hit in (maybe 10k?).

Nice vibe though. Dig the groove.
Yeah I know absolutely nothing about the art of panning. Just got my first book from the library today on mixing and mastering techniques. Everything so far has just been by ear and instinct. Not sure how to get rid of the essing problem other than by playing with the filters on the mixer.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search