Will this track make me or break me ..
New Reply
Subscribe
Erian
27th April 2012
Old 27th April 2012
Gear Head

Will this track make me or break me ..

Guys i did my second so far dubstep RMX for a singer that i have been working lately.. I think this track has a lot of potential because its not pop either dubstep but smth in between.. Do ya think it will get somewhere...?
29th April 2012
Old 29th April 2012
Gear addict

The vocalist is good, but the treatment/processing on the vocals could be better. The dubstep parts need steroids, IMO. I think the song needs more work but it has potential.
Erian
29th April 2012
Old 29th April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmatic View Post
The vocalist is good, but the treatment/processing on the vocals could be better. The dubstep parts need steroids, IMO. I think the song needs more work but it has potential.
Hey hazmatic , can you be more specific by what you meant about the dub part? The vocals is not much that I can do much about it cause I was just given the acapella ... thanks for the comment

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Gearslutz App
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear nut

IMO this is very good! nice job.

Suggestions (matter of opinion at this point)

Little too much reverb on the orchestra strings/piano.. or maybe the reverbs are overlapping, ie at 0:50. Give each reverb its own space in the mix.

The dubstep synth could use a little more richness. Maybe some subtle distortion on the lows. Also some sounds could use a little more lows, like the synth at 1:30. If it's getting in the way of the kick too much after you raise up the lows, just use a side-chained multiband compressor to nail a few db on the peaks of the synths every time the kick punches. waves C6 works great for that.

Voice has too much autotune on it at points. For the way she is singing (soft and gental) the pitch corrections should not be set to jump from note to note so abruptly, but should be set to slur a little more.

I don't really like the phaser or flanger you put on the vocals at 0:46 and at other parts. I think with her style of singing, her voice should be left alone again because of her singing style... and also because her voice sounds really good. It doesn't need to be covered up with processing.

The sub bass at 3:00 is awfully low in pitch. So low that it's almost making the mix sound mushy. If you made it higher in pitch our ears might be able to find it better.

Again this is all my opinion. But I still think this mix is very very good! Keep up the good work!
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jditmer0 View Post
IMO this is very good! nice job.

Suggestions (matter of opinion at this point)

Little too much reverb on the orchestra strings/piano.. or maybe the reverbs are overlapping, ie at 0:50. Give each reverb its own space in the mix.

The dubstep synth could use a little more richness. Maybe some subtle distortion on the lows. Also some sounds could use a little more lows, like the synth at 1:30. If it's getting in the way of the kick too much after you raise up the lows, just use a side-chained multiband compressor to nail a few db on the peaks of the synths every time the kick punches. waves C6 works great for that.

Voice has too much autotune on it at points. For the way she is singing (soft and gental) the pitch corrections should not be set to jump from note to note so abruptly, but should be set to slur a little more.

I don't really like the phaser or flanger you put on the vocals at 0:46 and at other parts. I think with her style of singing, her voice should be left alone again because of her singing style... and also because her voice sounds really good. It doesn't need to be covered up with processing.

The sub bass at 3:00 is awfully low in pitch. So low that it's almost making the mix sound mushy. If you made it higher in pitch our ears might be able to find it better.

Again this is all my opinion. But I still think this mix is very very good! Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much for the time in writing the feedback .. definitely will take it into consideration ..
Thanks again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Gearslutz App
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search