New Reply
Subscribe
Don Edgar
7th December 2011
Old 7th December 2011
uncultured button-pusher

Ed - Untenrum - House/Techno

Hey Sluts!

Here's my new track, featuring Waldorf Pulse, Akai S700, Oberheim Matrix 6 and the Monotron's Filter.
Most sounds were made using the Pulse's Arpeggiator, i just hit record and took the most interesting bits, looped and processed them (the "Bass" Sound for example is made like that). The pad coming in later must have been a single note on the monotron sampled into the S700 and then played.
Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/ed_1/untenrum
Don Edgar
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
uncultured button-pusher

118 Views and only 16 plays in SC. Do you all judge music by the waveform? What's wrong with mine? Should I sidechain my waveform with itself and put an L316 on it? Please help, I am not good with computers!
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to kasmira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Edgar View Post
118 Views and only 16 plays in SC. Do you all judge music by the waveform? What's wrong with mine? Should I sidechain my waveform with itself and put an L316 on it? Please help, I am not good with computers!
LMFAO

Really ****ing LOVING that kick drum. Beautiful.

The bass synth (filtered white noise low end sounding thing) is cool, but I think it should be low passed a bit more to keep it feeling more like a bass than a sound (if you get what I'm trying to say)

I also think the clap could have a little more sparkle to it. Especially with the really crispy high hats.

Loved the synth shots reverbed out in the background throughout. Added the perfect amount of interest. Reverb didn't last half a day like a lot of producers do these days.

Everything sounds mixed well.

I like the pad at the end, but the phaser/flanger/chorus/whateverthatis is a little too intense imo.

Killer track all in all. I haven't been browsing this part of the forum ever until the past week, but at least up until now this is the best thing I've heard on this board. Really loving it. Will be following you on SoundCloud..
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Edgar View Post
118 Views and only 16 plays in SC.
Sounds like a typical ratio, I've noticed the same phenomenom. Dunno why people would bother to view the GS page but then don't bother to listen to the track even for a few seconds.

Maybe people are looking for tracks made with certain synthesizers, when they see synthesizers they don't like or no gearlist at all they don't listen to the track.
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
uncultured button-pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasmira View Post
LMFAO

Really ****ing LOVING that kick drum. Beautiful.
Yeah, that was done with the Pulse. I spent like 10 minutes tweaking BD sounds on the Pulse and recorded it, now I have like 20 nice Bassdrums as one shots. Makes me wanna get a dedicated analogue BD Synth/Drummachine.
Thanks for the comments!
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Well done, I like it!
Don Edgar
20th December 2011
Old 20th December 2011
uncultured button-pusher

Thanks, datune!
20th December 2011
Old 20th December 2011
Gear interested

good track

I enjoyed it. That filter at the beginning is weird for me. I'm not saying its "wrong" or "bad" but I just want that kick to not thin out as much or something. I enjoyed all the percussive stuff floating around.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search