Deliverables - Some questions (again)
New Reply
Subscribe
Willeyh
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Gear maniac

Deliverables - Some questions (again)

Delivering my first feature for Dubbing for TV/Video distribution along with the original. And I have some questions.

Deliverable for Original Version is fine, 10 channels. 1-2 Stereo Mix, 3-4 M&E (2.0). 5-10 Surround 5.1. No hassle.

M&E Track 24 and 25 fps. (two different projects)
Quote:
DVD-R Protools (WAV Files). Six tracks minimum (5.1 + 2.0) timecode: EBU identical to film of feature and trailer (continuous running).
Sampling Rate: (Always like this) 48KHz,
Ref. Level: -20dB. No noise reduction.

Audio breakdown:
Track 1-6: 5.1 (6 channel),
audio for digital encoding
Track 7-8: Dolby Pro Logic, Encoded stereo audio.
Full Original Mix Channel Assignments:
Track 1 Left. Track 2 Right. Track 3 LS. Track 4 RS. Track 5 Center. Track 6 Sub/Lfe.
What is meant by "Ref. Level -20dB. No noise reduction?.
And I guess I use Track 1-6 to record down the Dolby Pro Logic Encoded stereo audio to Track 7-8?

I`ve never done a Dolby Pro Logic encode, but I guess I`ll buy "SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II Encoder and Decoder and figure that one out?

Thanks for all help!
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Gear nut

19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
G - Ear

-20dB is the mix reference level. -20 below full scale 0dBFS.
It's where you set your calibration tones at the head of your audio delivery. I usually lay in 1 min of 1kHz tone at -20dB starting 2 minutes before program start.

I assume your mix room is properly calibrated....if not, then there is a ton of info here on gear sluts on how to do that.

No noise reduction is referencing analog delivery, when we used to layback to tape or printmaster with Dolby SR (or other type) noise reduction. That is pretty redundant now in the broadcast world, as most deliveries are digital, and there is no need for SR noise reduction.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637983/

Sound Design & Mixing for Film, Television and Visual Media
Willeyh
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterM View Post
-20dB is the mix reference level. -20 below full scale 0dBFS.
It's where you set your calibration tones at the head of your audio delivery. I usually lay in 1 min of 1kHz tone at -20dB starting 2 minutes before program start.

I assume your mix room is properly calibrated....if not, then there is a ton of info here on gear sluts on how to do that.

No noise reduction is referencing analog delivery, when we used to layback to tape or printmaster with Dolby SR (or other type) noise reduction. That is pretty redundant now in the broadcast world, as most deliveries are digital, and there is no need for SR noise reduction.
That`s what I figured! Thanks!
Room(s) are calibrated and the Norwegian premier received great reviews!
So it`s just the dubbing deliverables left!

The SurCode is $150 cheaper than the Neyrinck SoundCode, so I guess I`ll go for that one.
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterM View Post
Its ridiculous how many obsolete specs are left in. Maybe we should change our DVD labels to add a check box for SR. And a "Striped" label.....

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search