Dynaudio BM5A MKII vs Blue Sky Media Desk for 5.1
New Reply
Subscribe
asterix2k10
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear maniac

Dynaudio BM5A MKII vs Blue Sky Media Desk for 5.1

How does a Dynaudio BM5A MKII with BM9S sub 5.1 setup compare to the Blue Sky Media Desk 5.1 setup for mixing in post? Which one would be better for a room that is 20' l x 13' w x 9' h?

I currently have a pair of the Dynaudio BM5A MKII's. I like them quite a bit. They are not fatiguing, which is important to me, although I feel they are a tad dark/muddy - maybe a little bit midbassy? But the detail is there and my mixes seem to translate ok.

Haven't listened to the Blue Sky's but have heard good things about them.
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix2k10 View Post
How does a Dynaudio BM5A MKII with BM9S sub 5.1 setup compare to the Blue Sky Media Desk 5.1 setup for mixing in post? Which one would be better for a room that is 20' l x 13' w x 9' h?

I currently have a pair of the Dynaudio BM5A MKII's. I like them quite a bit. They are not fatiguing, which is important to me, although I feel they are a tad dark/muddy - maybe a little bit midbassy? But the detail is there and my mixes seem to translate ok.

Haven't listened to the Blue Sky's but have heard good things about them.
I'd stay with what you know--the Dynaudios are fine speakers. The BS system you mention works well too, but vs those Dynos the latter have more detail, and work well at a higher volume level. The room size you mentioned feels like it's near the upper limit for accurate monitoring for the BS MD system, the amps in it are really suited to edit-room size spaces from my experience.

philp
asterix2k10
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear maniac

Thanks. I'll try to stay with the Dynaudios.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search