New Reply
Subscribe
DaVogi
13th June 2013
Old 13th June 2013
Lives for gear

Nuendo 6 with HD Native crashes

Hi,
we are a pro tools centered post facility and looking for a way to incorporate nuendo 6 for adr recording (spotting in galleries adr studio).

Every time I choose the HD Native Core Audio Device in Nuendo the Core Audio Manager loses connection to the interface. Sometimes Nuendo crashes...

Status: Not Connected (HW in use) or Not Connected (HW not found).

I tried two different MacPros (both HD native with 10.3.4 and 10.3.5) in 10.7.5 and Nuendo in 64 or 32 bit Mode.

Suggestions?!
13th June 2013
Old 13th June 2013
Lives for gear

I haven't experienced it as I don't have a HD native card.
But, OSX since 10.7 can mess up if you assign your internal OSX monitoring to the same sound driver as a DAW, so make sure to try routing all internal sounds and warning sounds etc to the internal mic/speaker only. Not at all sure if it will help you, but Definetly worth trying.
and a complete picture department with online, grading and more based on Mistika.
http://www.europasoundvision.se
DaVogi
13th June 2013
Old 13th June 2013
Lives for gear

thanks for your reply... yes os x / core audio can be tricky, especially with digidesign/avid devices.

but I was lucky today and could solve my problem. Did an uninstall (clean) of pro tools and then after re-install of 10.3.5. it suddenly worked without me changing anything else.
14th June 2013
Old 14th June 2013
Lives for gear

We have been using Nuendo's ADR features more and more, and they are a real time saver. I recently did ADR for a studio in Australia, and they sent us an excel sheet of the cues to be recorded: in two minutes I had transferred the cues into Nuendo via a csv file, and everything was ready to roll!

It's not yet perfect, but its a very nice solution for ADR cueing and recording.

Paris, France
Heavy Nuendo users

"I don't care what they're talking about, I just want a nice fat recording" Harry Caul
My blog: http://www.filmmixer.eu
17th June 2013
Old 17th June 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 View Post
We have been using Nuendo's ADR features more and more, and they are a real time saver. I recently did ADR for a studio in Australia, and they sent us an excel sheet of the cues to be recorded: in two minutes I had transferred the cues into Nuendo via a csv file, and everything was ready to roll!

It's not yet perfect, but its a very nice solution for ADR cueing and recording.
Impressive! Need to check that out.
DaVogi
17th June 2013
Old 17th June 2013
Lives for gear

thx Steven!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search