how to synchronize/conform files in nuendo5.5
broda
17th February 2013
Old 17th February 2013
Gear interested

how to synchronize/conform files in nuendo5.5

Hi.
Do you have any idea how to synchronize (conform) files from field recorder in Nuendo?

I'm making a Tv series (very fast production) and editors are giving me only pilot tracks (mix from f r) to synchronize all takes and track from field recorder. I'm doing it manually in this moment, but it's time consumption and very illogical idea.

As I told you is very fast production and editors won't even think about synchronize it.
Second guy who's making this series is working on PT ( Editors on AVID) and... PT have a great function ("match files to criteria/tc") and automatically conform/synchronize all takes and tracks.

Also I have problem with opening AAF (with files package - wave, mxf) from Avid. Do you know is in Nuendo 6 problem with AAF's openig will be resolve?
Best regards

Mac Pro 2x Quad core, Nuendo 5.5
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

Hi Broda,

Nuendo doesn't have the sort or field recorder workflow that you see in PT10. However, AVID MC has an automated way of conforming production sound to video by TC. So you should explore that and ask the editors to do it, because its unreasonable for you to sync manualy when they can do it in a pinch, just before they export the AAFs for you. Failing that, all I can think of is PluralEyes.
As for AAFs, install Nuendo 5.1 alongside N5.5. It handles AAFs perfectly, so after you import an AAF in N5.1, you can export the tracks as 'track archive' and import them into your N5.5 session. It's crazy that AAF is still broken in N5.5, one of the most important functions of a post-oriented DAW.

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed you're talking MXF - AFAIK, it should be working in N5.1, but I never get these, so I can't tell you that for sure.
broda
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Gear interested

Yes, you're right, they should... but it's a really crazy time in Polish media and I know for sure that they won't do that:(

Nuendo 5.1 don't read mxf, if it's AFF with package of wave or aif (not embeded) i can see only composition (ghost tracks) and even if I show correct folder - Nuendo can't relink media.
I've hope that the PE will help.

Thank you for the replay.
Regards
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by broda View Post
Yes, you're right, they should... but it's a really crazy time in Polish media and I know for sure that they won't do that:(

Nuendo 5.1 don't read mxf, if it's AFF with package of wave or aif (not embeded) i can see only composition (ghost tracks) and even if I show correct folder - Nuendo can't relink media.
I've hope that the PE will help.

Thank you for the replay.
Regards
Ask your second guy to do the conform in PT and then OMF that to Nudendo (if you haven't decided to convert to PT by then anyway to speed things up)

Why are you on different DAWs anyway? Seems to be the best method to get into trouble. The conform not even taken into account.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search