Cedar DNS3000 Workflow
Old 15th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 View Post
Well it all depends on the projects we are working on. I frequently use at least 4 busses with DNS instances as the destination. Sometimes for simple checker boarding of dialog scenes, sometimes because in a scene there will be some shots much noisier than others and with yet another noise characteristic for lavs, and with one instance always reserved for production fx (same noise, just not the same destination stem).
So it's not just a case of only two people talking, because the above scenarios cover that most of the time.
So if the price is right on the hardware, go for it, otherwise it's worth considering the plugin. I have both a DNS 2000 and the DNS One.

Sent from my XT910
I understand your layout; I also use checker boarded dialog in boom/lav pairs (or more)...and I can see using more than a couple instances in your case.
I'm just trying to make the point that it is not that difficult (or slow even) to incorporate routing that has only 2 mono or one stereo instance of DNS via the hardware. It's easily accomplished through routing and changing your approach a little. But I seem to be talking to myself.
I find that DNS is not enough for things that are really bad and in those cases that require noise printing/learning , I use iZotope or XNoise or whatever - offline.

Maybe I should join the chorus of people who prefer the software because that only makes the hardware cheaper

You would have to be a dumba$$ to buy Cedar Hardware!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search